Momotof

Lord of the Rings Ongoing Discussion

Well, that's curious. Rivendell is gone from the LEGO website. Not showing in the Lord of the Rings theme selector (only Brickheadz), and coming up as 'This item could not be found' on my wishlist.

No issues here in Slovakia. It's actually the first thing you see when visiting the website with info that you can already buy it as VIP. I bought mine immediately it became available.

Edited by sahidko

2 hours ago, sahidko said:

No issues here in Slovakia. It's actually the first thing you see when visiting the website with info that you can already buy it as VIP. I bought mine immediately it became available.

Same in Austria. 

I was sort of expecting (hoping) People would be sharing build pictures by now:pir_tong2:

Set flying off the shelves at the store today! Too small a sample (obviously) but if representative then TLG will be rubbing their hands. I did not purchase it myself… though it is only a matter of time. I have never bought such an expensive set and I wonder if I will be able to find it 20% off somewhere down the line. Happy building to everyone who got their hands on one!

19 hours ago, Lordhelmet said:

I really wish they had done a better GWP.  Disappointing that they picked a set on the shelves (and most LOTR fans who wanted it probably already bought it) and the worst of the three LOTR brickheadz sets too.

Why would they need to do a better GWP now? Better to do a great GWP after a few months to help later sales. People buying on day 1 don't need a good GWP.

35 minutes ago, Khargeust said:

Your local LEGO stores are open on sunday ?

In most countries stores are open every day except for holidays. Only a portion of Europe still follows that, and very little of the rest of the world does. (Basically just a couple countries that were colonized by Empires who had Christian beliefs)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunday_shopping

16 minutes ago, MAB said:

Why would they need to do a better GWP now? Better to do a great GWP after a few months to help later sales. People buying on day 1 don't need a good GWP.

People aren’t going to be happy if they made a LOTR GWP a few months after the set releases. Then you’re just punishing people who bought it early, because very few people can afford to shell out the cash for another of the same giant set just to get a GWP.

I got there this morning at 09:15 .. opening at 11:00 .. I was third in the queue .. the guy at the front had got there an hour before me .. we all sat on the floor, but eventually after an hour I had to stand .. ha ha .. my store had the set displayed in its 3 ‘sections’ .. its beautiful, but looks very disjointed this way. The LOTR soundtrack was playing in store. They had them all bagged up in their original shipping containers ready at the cash desks. Got 3 GWP’s .. Frodo and Gollum, the moving truck and a small house set. Staff at the Meadowhall store are brilliant, friendly and helpful. They’re in for a busy day  🧝🏼‍♂️🧝🏼‍♀️🧝🏼

Edited by Jarreth2

I think I posted before about my observation that, in the initial staging shot of the council of Elrond scene, the circular tower (with the statues around the perimeter) actually appears to be a partial ruin that completely lacks the entire top half and roof depicted in the Lego model.  The design of the top section actually appears to be from another tower that is visible some way off in the background.

Turns out when I picked up Rivendell today, that the upper tower section is an entirely separate removable section. Presumably this is to allow it to be be displayed with the (screen accurate) ruined tower…or with the complete tower which makes it a more visually striking (if slightly less accurate) set. Very impressive attention to detail and creative approach to dealing with the ruined tower (which seems a bit ‘out of character’ for Rivendell…if that is why the set is designed this way.

Got it this morning.  I was seventh in line.  They had 21 total sets (at least ten sold while I was there so hoping all 21 sold).  The strangest thing was somebody waiting in line bought the hogwarts castle after waiting with all the Rivendell folks.  

been building for an hour while watching the movies.  Great way to build and it was been a good build so far, nothing repetitive yet.

Got mine! Had to call my bank to confirm it wasn't fraud lmao! Only got two gwps but it's fine. They had 30 at the store and around 11 were bought within the first five minutes. Can't build mine until Friday unfortunately:( have to wait till spring break starts

So I don't know if this has been mentioned, but the Frodo and Gollum Brick Headz is no longer listed for sale on the UK website. If you do a general Google search you can find the product page, but it says it's a gift with purchase. So I'm wondering, has it just confused Lego's system having it as a GWP and it should still be for sale, or do they intend for it to be absent at the moment to make the gwp more appealing and it will come back on sale once the promo is over, or will it now remain unavailable for purchase after the promo period. 🤔

Edited by BacktoBricks

5 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

[...] or do they intend for it to be absent at the moment to make the gwp more appealing [...]

Maybe it's so that someone who would buy Rivendell and the Brickheadz doesn't accidentally get two copies? :laugh:

4 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Maybe it's so that someone who would buy Rivendell and the Brickheadz doesn't accidentally get two copies? :laugh:

Call me cynical, but I just can't see them caring about that. :laugh:

Building now! My store had about 40 of them. I was 11th in line. I circled back later to see how many they had sold and they only had 4 left. Seems to be doing very well so far. I know 40 sounds like a lot. But I’m almost positive that’s what he said, and the line was very long 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

17 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Building now! My store had about 40 of them. I was 11th in line. I circled back later to see how many they had sold and they only had 4 left. Seems to be doing very well so far. I know 40 sounds like a lot. But I’m almost positive that’s what he said, and the line was very long 

My store sold 10 of the 30 in less than five minutes 

"A new power is rising. Its victory is at hand. Today we are bringing the Middle-earth theme back to the shelves. Walk to the LEGO stores. Don't leave any. To your wallet!"

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Khargeust

Most impressive (?) were the people who had already bought a set, and were lining up outside the shop all over again so they could purchase a second copy (as max is 2 per person). It was a long line, inside the store personnel was going back and forth front to storage room to bring more and more copies which were snatched up like hot cakes. I have been to the store multiple time on big release day but have never seen anything quite like it. In fact, knowing I wouldn't buy a copy myself I came a few hours after opening thinking that things would have died down by then but nope still going strong. People were talking to each other and were super hyped. I think the one downside, unsurprisingly, was that these were all AFOLs i.e. no kids. I would expect sales to slow down from then, though some of us are trying to be patient and get a bigger bang for our money later on. Night and day compared to the release of 10305 for what it's worth, and that one had a great GWP to sweeten the deal day 1.

Picked up mine today in store at Liverpool UK. Got there at 09:30ish, store opened at 11:00. I was the only one there until about 10:15, when quite a few folks showed up in quick succession.  I reckon there were 30-odd in the queue by opening time - hopefully a good sign!  As others have said, there was a really good atmosphere and the staff were great, everything packaged up ready at the till. I got a number of GWP - Frodo and Gollum, The removal truck, Houses of the world 1, a VIP keyring, a sailor minifig with a yellow duck (slightly random, but hey, not complaining) and most unexpectedly of all, polybag 30210 - Frodo with his green shirt. I think that was from 2012?!!  I most definitely wasn't expecting that last one, but it was a great addition. If anyone from the Liverpool store is reading this, thanks!