Momotof

Lord of the Rings Ongoing Discussion

9 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Very excited to finally see this for real, after all the leaks and rumors.

I also find it absolutely hilarious that the ring is distorting our perception of the set. Twisting our minds, so to speak!

Excellent! It’s actually like the Rivendell scene :)

It does look like it’s possible the table is partially obstructing part of the set. It’s possible. That’s what I’m hoping. Would hate for the final design to be a downgrade from that leaked prelim. Fingers crossed for all the figures

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

There’s no bridge visible. If it’s there, it’s hidden somehow. But theyre not in the teaser picture 

I'm pretty sure it's in the left of the picture near the gazebo. It looks like a bump. It doesn't look huge in the leak either so surely it looks distorted to look even smaller 

12 minutes ago, kuzyabricks said:

I'm pretty sure it's in the left of the picture near the gazebo. It looks like a bump. It doesn't look huge in the leak either so surely it looks distorted to look even smaller 

Like I said, I’ll be perfectly happy if this image is just hiding the bridge. But there are two bridges in the prelim, both beautiful. I would hate to lose them

The image is heavily distorted by the curvature of the ring. It's hard to say how much the set is like the leaked one: try look the upper tower on the right of the ring (left in the leaked image) how much is stretched backwards. And the lower part of the set is hidden, so maybe the bridge is hidden as well. Surely what appear missing, or at least I can't see them, are the trees near the gazebo... oh, well, it's up to few hours and we'll know everything :excited:

Just now, BrickMatit said:

The image is heavily distorted by the curvature of the ring. It's hard to say how much the set is like the leaked one: try look the upper tower on the right of the ring (left in the leaked image) how much is stretched backwards. And the lower part of the set is hidden, so maybe the bridge is hidden as well. Surely what appear missing, or at least I can't see them, are the trees near the gazebo... oh, well, it's up to few hours and we'll know everything :excited:

People seem to be implying we will see release pictures by sometime tomorrow. Is that a known thing?

2 minutes ago, mtrsteve said:

People seem to be implying we will see release pictures by sometime tomorrow. Is that a known thing?

Typically, a tease like this results in a full reveal the following day. But they could always change things and make it a longer wait.

1 minute ago, mtrsteve said:

Is that a known thing?

I've read it on Promobrick: "We'll probably hear more about the set tomorrow when LEGO Rivendell could be officially unveiled later that day" (translated with Google from german).

Some anecdotal food for thought regarding Lego’s strategy: I would absolutely never pick this set up if it was part of a larger theme. However, there only being one set means that, even if the price is exorbitantly high, it will be sitting on shelves for long enough that it just might make me (a fairly average casual AFOL I reckon) crack at some point by lack of Lego LotR alternatives.

Will be very interesting to see how different this is to the prelim that leaked, regarding the other sets especially the medieval village for me.
Rivendell was one of the sets that looked most finished in the leak, so if they changed a lot here that is to be expected from the other leaked ones as well.

28 minutes ago, legopriph said:

Does anyone have a guess for the Canadian price for this?

If it cost 499 USD ergo same as Hogwarts Express, then the Canadian price will be the same…

21 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Will be very interesting to see how different this is to the prelim that leaked, regarding the other sets especially the medieval village for me.
Rivendell was one of the sets that looked most finished in the leak, so if they changed a lot here that is to be expected from the other leaked ones as well.

Depends if the leaked image of Rivendell was in the same survey? I think that it wasnt. Therefore it should be more or less the same as we saw on that blurry potato picture 😉🤔

Come on people it's a different angle, reflected and distorted, the build hasn't changed. The one in the watermarked leak looked finalised and looked like this.

If you think it's verifiably different based or this tease then you might have had too much of Beorn's mead :pir-huzzah1:

I'm kidding but it's the same.

16 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Come on people it's a different angle, reflected and distorted, the build hasn't changed. The one in the watermarked leak looked finalised and looked like this.

If you think it's verifiably different based or this tease then you might have had too much of Beorn's mead :pir-huzzah1:

I'm kidding but it's the same.

Agreed!!!

It’s hard to tell what with the distortion and poor resolution, but I think at least a few of the smaller trees should be visible if the build was completely unchanged from the leak?

1 hour ago, Gnukan said:

It’s hard to tell what with the distortion and poor resolution, but I think at least a few of the smaller trees should be visible if the build was completely unchanged from the leak?

100% this. I understand both are low res, I understand the distortion from reflection off a curved surface, but there are 100% trees next to the purgola that are not in the teaser render. No matter if it's the reverse angle or just left/right flipped. They very well could be in the final build, but I can tell you they are in the leak and NOT in the teaser. Could just be artists decision in what made the teaser render look best. In any case its not a huge deal, but I cant abide people telling me I cant see what I can plainly see.

2 hours ago, legopriph said:

Does anyone have a guess for the Canadian price for this?

Oof, I keep forgetting $500 was the estimated US pricing.  For the longest while I kept thinking this set was going to be Lion Knights Castle priced.

$620 is a bit steep...

Edited by Triceron

All of this discussion could well be redundant by this time tomorrow.

But:

It could be the same set from a different angle - seems plausible to me.

It could be that after the preliminary design was made, they changed it.

It could be that it is modular and you can reconfigure using pins and/or expand and contract it using hinges.

Or the preliminary picture is Ana amazing hoax.

5 hours ago, Alegrispa said:

Here's the screencap Promobricks posted. Y'all can vertically flip it to compare it to the leak more easily.

(SCREENCAP)

The distortion is really strong, so don't jump to conclusions y'all. It's just another couple of days until we'll get a proper look at it.

Found a much better one on reddit. You can almost make out detail in this one!

t8ap28c4rmga1.jpeg?width=828&format=pjpg

From what I can tell it's pretty much identical to the leaked image. The fisheye distortion hides the tall green tree, and possibly the seemingly missing ones behind the pavilion as well.

The main tree looks massive like this, but I'm like 99% sure it's the same scale to the one in the leak. Y'all gotta start accounting for the distortion. 

Edited by Alegrispa

Has anyone read the instagram comments lego has responded with to their teaser?  It is good stuff.  I don’t know what you’re Tolkien about” “tomorrow will be precious”. I think there are some more but good stuff from Lego on the responses.

34 minutes ago, Alegrispa said:

From what I can tell it's pretty much identical to the leaked image. The fisheye distortion hides the tall green tree, and possibly the seemingly missing ones behind the pavilion as well.

The main tree looks massive like this, but I'm like 99% sure it's the same scale to the one in the leak. Y'all gotta start accounting for the distortion. 

Lemme try once more. The trees in the leaked image were taller than the pavilion. They would be clearly visible in the silhouette against that bright circle in the background regardless of distortion. 

Edited by mtrsteve

6 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I don’t think it’s fake, but it was a preliminary image, and the final design may have some differences. I personally hope those differences are mostly due to distortion and partial obstruction though

This. We're so close to the reveal, it's rather pointless debate at this stage anyway.

1 minute ago, mtrsteve said:

Lemme try once more. The trees in the leaked image were taller than the pavilion. They would be clearly visible in the silhouette against that bright circle in the background regardless of distortion. In fact, being at the edge of a convex mirror would make them appear LARGER via distortion. The physics of a simple curved mirror are much more straight forward (pun intended) than y'all are making them out to be.

And the thin green tree was taller than the thick brown tree, as was the spire behind it, yet both are almost completely obscured in the distorted image. I'm not saying I'm 100% sure the trees behind the pavilion are there, just that they could be. There also is in fact something visible in the "bright circle" behind the pavilion, right on top of the rounded dome.

Why are you so hung up on this anyways?

37 minutes ago, Alegrispa said:

Thank you , that's it.

Anyway, I've been thinking about a GWP. Maybe there will be one like the Eiffel's apartment one, that has JRR himself ( at a writing desk) but made from existing minifig parts. that might be the best option from a certain point of view as it wouldn't be anything from middle earth itself that would then be made exclusive to a hard to get gwp but it would still be something fun and special. Though maybe a Nazgul on horse back with a brick built wave would be fun and relevant as long as neither the nazgul or the horde stayed exclusive for too long.