Momotof

Lord of the Rings Ongoing Discussion

31 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

This looks very impressive! No idea where to display it though :laugh_hard:

Yeah, I'm 100% gonna need to put up some new shelves for this. I don't even have room for the sets I have!

1 minute ago, TheJames183 said:

am i trippin or there are 2 dwarves in the bridge with none other than MOULDED AXES ???!!!!

I didn’t notice that, but you’re definitely right. Looks like Gimli & Gloin. Those axes are awesome. 

2 minutes ago, TheJames183 said:

am i trippin or there are 2 dwarves in the bridge with none other than MOULDED AXES ???!!!!

Oh, totally! They have that hole in the blade.

Even judging by a low quality picture, this has to be one of the best sets I've ever seen. Truly marvellous. Can't wait to see it in better quality.

That roof is gonna be such a pain to properly align tho :tongue:

3 minutes ago, Alegrispa said:

Yeah, I'm 100% gonna need to put up some new shelves for this. I don't even have room for the sets I have!

I can't believe how on the money this set looks to be. I might even end up tempted to buy 2, build the first and extend it with a MOC from the pieces of the second... 

So from what I can tell, from left to right, we have:

Merry

Sam

Pippin

Boromir

Aragorn

Elrond

Frodo

Gandalf

Bilbo

Legolas

Gimli

Gloin

Figure Reading Book

Blonde Elf

Brown-Haired Elf

So at least 15 figures, although that book reading figure might be a statue or something else.

9 minutes ago, Lordhelmet said:

Not sure where everyone else is seeing the photo, I saw a YouTube video with it just now though.   They mentioned they saw the fellowship with Arwen, Bilbo, and two extra elves.

That would be awesome with new hair moulds (as it would indicate future sets for them to create a new mold vs. using the old one). more investment cost on their part to design a new one.  That combined with the Barad Dur rumor.

Very happy it is not microscale, this is a huge set (I just glanced over at my council of Elrond set, and the council area in the new one has to be twice the size of that area if not bigger). That will be quite a large set which is excellent.

I don’t know if we’re allowed to mention it on the forums, but I can message you directly.

3 minutes ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

So from what I can tell, from left to right, we have:

So at least 15 figures, although that book reading figure might be a statue or something else.

Also the statues on the left. I wonder if they're given new pieces as well.

22 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

How did he even get his hands on Rivendell? As far as we know, it wasn't in the survey.

(By the way, don't want to @ you since I'm sure your inbox is blowing up, but thanks JeanGrayForever, and congrats on becoming the most well loved person on EB)

Rivendell was definitely not in the survey, just to confirm.

It looks stunning though. Even with the price, it's going to be hard to dissuade myself from buying it. I hope we get clearer pictures of it soon.

1 minute ago, Alegrispa said:

Also the statues on the left. I wonder if they're given new pieces as well.

True. Although those ones I’m sure aren’t characters since they’re all grey. And I’m guessing we’ll probably get another statue with the shards of Narsil around the back of the set. 

10 minutes ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

Figure Reading Book

I don't have an insta account so I can't see the pic very clearly, but this is making me think Arwen, it would be a little weird to make a Brickheadz of her but include two random other elves over her in the one location she stays in for the majority of the series

Edited by ForgedInLego

1 minute ago, ForgedInLego said:

I don't have an insta account so I can't see the pic very clearly, but this is making me think Arwen, it would be a little weird to make a Brickheadz of her but include two random other elves over her in the one location she stays in for the majority of the series

I’d also guess it’s Arwen, but you can barely see the fig, so it’s hard to tell.

Baradur dur just leaked. It's either HUMONGOUS or minifig scale. Difficult to tell from the image. Will definitely buy it though 

This day is absolutely legendary. The fact that two LotR D2Cs leaked, and they're separated by a whole year :tongue:

Barad-dûr looks fantastic. Very well done, although we can't really see much.

If both are true… instabuys! Perhaps the first time I’ll buy multiples of one set (Rivendell). When they release a LEGO Dark Age is averted!

I mean it has to be real now. There’s no way someone faked that. Wow, Barad-Dûr looks amazing. These Lego designers are too good.
Also copyright 2023, so it’s probably coming later this year. Or maybe not?

The set looks amazing, but I might have to pass on it, since I can’t afford to buy everything, lol. 

5 minutes ago, kuzyabricks said:

Baradur dur just leaked. It's either HUMONGOUS or minifig scale. Difficult to tell from the image. Will definitely buy it though 

I’m assuming you mean micro-scale, since a minifig scale Barad-Dûr would be 60 metres tall. 
It’s definitely a great size, and they could fit in a few interior scenes if they wanted to do what they did with Orthanc. (Although obviously we’ve never actually seen a scene set inside Barad-Dûr)

Edited by QuiggoldsPegLeg

Barad-Dur is a 100% day 1 buy for me, the high fig count on Rivendell could suggest more for Barad-Dur, but other than Gollum and maybe the mouth of Sauron I don't see a need for anything other than more random orcs

Looks like Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin, Gandalf, Aragorn, Boromir, Legolas, Gimli, Elrond, Arwen, Gloin, Bilbo, and two unidentified Elves. And Gimli and Gloin have a new molded axe!! The Hobbits look to be barefoot as well 

6 minutes ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

I mean it has to be real now. There’s no way someone faked that. Wow, Barad-Dûr looks amazing. These Lego designers are too good.
Also copyright 2023, so it’s probably coming later this year. Or maybe not?

The set looks amazing, but I might have to pass on it, since I can’t afford to buy everything, lol. 

I’m assuming you mean micro-scale, since a minifig scale Barad-Dûr would be 60 metres tall. 
It’s definitely a great size, and they could fit in a few interior scenes if they wanted to do what they did with Orthanc. (Although obviously we’ve never actually seen a scene set inside Barad-Dûr)

Meant to say minifig scale such as the orthanc tower! Like minifig playability not in scale to the actual characters. Sorry!!

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This day is absolutely legendary. The fact that two LotR D2Cs leaked, and they're separated by a whole year :tongue:

Barad-dûr looks fantastic. Very well done, although we can't really see much.

Hands down the craziest leak day ever. Holy f*ck.

This ain't a leak, it's a pipe burst!

There’s still no confirmation that the Barad-Dûr set will actually happen. Let’s not count our chickens before they hatch. But this is definitely a really good sign

Btw have y'all seen the village? Omg it's so good I just hope it's under $300 😩 what a day to be a LOTR/castle fan I just yope pirates gets the same treatment soon