Momotof

Lord of the Rings Ongoing Discussion

3 hours ago, mtrsteve said:

Still not convinced. 4064- includes a botanicals and Chinese new year sets. 4065- includes a hodgepodge of sets. So a 406-- number doesn't mean anything re: theme. The set # groupings are fluid and meet the needs of the day as far as I can tell.

The box art has both BrickHeadz and LotR logos, it has both a set # and brickheadz #s, and it shows up under both themes on the official website. I conclude that it belongs to both themes. Lego literally had to have a web dev reinsert LotR theme on their website to have it show up there, so they have intentionally signalled that the LotR theme has returned, whether or not that means more to come (and if there is nothing more to come, then maybe that's enough reason to group the set #s with the recent releases for evergreen themes of icons etc)

My last point on this topic is that the official Lego page listing active themes has LotR on it with this blurb:

"Lord of the Rings™ New

One build to rule them all! Recreate favorite moments from Middle-earth with LEGO® Lord of the Rings™ sets. Join Frodo™, Gandalf the Grey™, Aragon™ and more in the epic battle of good vs. evil from the beloved film series with highly detailed sets and fun character display models."

So we will have to just agree to disagree on this one I think. 

However as a positive I wouldn't have found the above blurb without this debate, and I notice it explicitly says 'highly detailed sets and fun character display models'. This seems like the closest to acknowledging that a D2C is coming as I have seen yet?

Bruh, you're hopeless :tongue:

10 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Bruh, you're hopeless :tongue:

Hey now, I am - if anything - full of hope :wink:

I agree the addition of a specific blurb for LOTR and it expressly stating "highly detailed sets"  indicates that lego is going to be producing items for the "Theme" LOTR. regardless of if its a brickheadz or something else.

The point being the OP was just speculating that this information as subtle as it is gives us hope that their will be more to LOTR then just BH... maybe no more then the D@C but it gives us hope.

3 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Surely there will be a specific theme page for LOTR when the D2C arrives though?  

It depends how they classify it. If it is an ICONS set, then the set itself will be filed under ICONS, with a link to it from the LOTR entry in the shopping menu. And if under a LOTR theme, then yes it will be filed under that.

37 minutes ago, MAB said:

It depends how they classify it. If it is an ICONS set, then the set itself will be filed under ICONS, with a link to it from the LOTR entry in the shopping menu. And if under a LOTR theme, then yes it will be filed under that.

I'm not familiar with ICONS, what does that mean?  Very strange that the write up would include the word locations, implying that there will be different locations to build.  

My only thought though is that if we were to be seeing more than the brickhedz and D2C then surely we would of heard about this? 

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

I'm not familiar with ICONS, what does that mean?

Icons is the new name for Creator Expert. It's the theme where the modulars sit, along with things like the DeLorean Time Machine and ECTO-1.

Just now, RichardGoring said:

Icons is the new name for Creator Expert. It's the theme where the modulars sit, along with things like the DeLorean Time Machine and ECTO-1.

Have Lego specifically said that the new Rivendell is part of ICONS? If so then it will most likely be microscale.

4 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Have Lego specifically said that the new Rivendell is part of ICONS? If so then it will most likely be microscale.

I've not seen anything to that effect, but I'm also staying out of the whole theme discussion. I was simply answering the question rather than voicing an opinion! :classic:

18 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Rivendell is a leak as of now, so LEGO hasn't said anything.

We know from retailers it's an Icons set tho. And no – it doesn't indicate in any way that the set will be microscale. Those facts are unconnected. 

On 12/3/2022 at 10:16 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

To be fair, the sting mold for a brickheadz would be hilariously small. They do use it sometimes, but, like... it's supposed to be a short sword for someone hobbit sized, and it'd look like a letter opener in his hand.

No, your frodo is better. His hairline is weird in the official set. Your gandalf is better too IMO, but I feel like that's more subjective whereas your Frodo really does just feel actually better.

Thank you :blush:

It is weird though because they can do hair okay on brick headz so I don't know what happened with Thier Frodo. I do think that thier brickheadz are often too dependant on prints too.

On 12/14/2022 at 4:11 AM, Csc167 said:

I’m sure we will get a lot of minifigures they have already produced, just with updates. I am really hoping they throw in a Sauron figure though

I think Barad-dûr is the best hope for a Sauron minifig.

On 12/13/2022 at 3:07 PM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I do think anyone expecting 20 minifigures is setting themselves up for disappointment.

Then maybe I'm the problem. It's me, it's me I'm the problem it's me.

On 12/13/2022 at 6:22 AM, someguy827 said:

The only thing that gives me hope for minifigure scale ...

I genuinely think we don't need to worry about it being mircoscale. Like if it were $200 sure but for $500?

With hogwarts they could fill it with loads of scenes and stuff but LotR is an adventure, a quest across vast lands, so it doesn't have most of its scenes in one location. It's likely twice the size of the bugle, considering that's a licensed D2C at the $250-$300 range, not that I'm expecting twice the amount of figures.

When I said was expecting about 20 I was thinking like the fellowship, Old Bilbo, Elrond, Arwen, Gloin, and some 'background' Elves and maybe a Nazgul or 2 . I'd love it if they included 'The Hobbit' characters too, but I'm not expecting it. 

I just finished rereading fellowship today, I really hope we can get regular system sets out of this theme again.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Rivendell is a leak as of now, so LEGO hasn't said anything.

We know from retailers it's an Icons set tho. And no – it doesn't indicate in any way that the set will be microscale. Those facts are unconnected. 

True, there has been reputable lakers that have said it is coming though I think.

I thought Icons were just microscale but upon looking I can see that there is a mix.  

3 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

I genuinely think we don't need to worry about it being mircoscale. Like if it were $200 sure but for $500?

With hogwarts they could fill it with loads of scenes and stuff but LotR is an adventure, a quest across vast lands, so it doesn't have most of its scenes in one location. It's likely twice the size of the bugle, considering that's a licensed D2C at the $250-$300 range, not that I'm expecting twice the amount of figures.

When I said was expecting about 20 I was thinking like the fellowship, Old Bilbo, Elrond, Arwen, Gloin, and some 'background' Elves and maybe a Nazgul or 2 . I'd love it if they included 'The Hobbit' characters too, but I'm not expecting it. 

I just finished rereading fellowship today, I really hope we can get regular system sets out of this theme again.

See for me with it been an Icons set at that price point makes me think it will be microscale. The sets around that price range (Titanic, Colosseum, Eiffel Tower) on the Icons tab are all microscale.  I'd go as far to sat that I'd be shocked if it wasn't micro to be honest. 

Does anyone know how long before release Icons sets have been announced by Lego?  I think the discussion ten or so pages ago was that it would be unlikely to see a lot of leaks for a D2C set, just wondering what the precedence for ICON set pictures being leaked (or actually released by lego).  I am getting a bit impatient with all the other leaked information for other themes.  Also hoping for a decent side gift with this set, still hoping for a brick built Balrog or a Sauron but I figure they wouldn't do those without new molds so it is highly unlikely.  I remember we talked about a Tolkien one, Old Bilbo as an option, Do all of the expensive Icons sets have precedence here as well?  (thinking Eiffel Tower with Eiffel apartment)

7 hours ago, Lordhelmet said:

Does anyone know how long before release Icons sets have been announced by Lego?  I think the discussion ten or so pages ago was that it would be unlikely to see a lot of leaks for a D2C set, just wondering what the precedence for ICON set pictures being leaked (or actually released by lego).  I am getting a bit impatient with all the other leaked information for other themes.  Also hoping for a decent side gift with this set, still hoping for a brick built Balrog or a Sauron but I figure they wouldn't do those without new molds so it is highly unlikely.  I remember we talked about a Tolkien one, Old Bilbo as an option, Do all of the expensive Icons sets have precedence here as well?  (thinking Eiffel Tower with Eiffel apartment)

I don't know about ICONs specifically, but the ideas A frame cabin was just announced with like 3 weeks to release, so it can be quite short.

How would people feel if we eventually get a system Balrog and it's a bigfig?

55 minutes ago, mtrsteve said:

I don't know about ICONs specifically, but the ideas A frame cabin was just announced with like 3 weeks to release, so it can be quite short.

How would people feel if we eventually get a system Balrog and it's a bigfig?

Barf. I highly doubt they would do that though. Troll, sure, the cave troll from before is amazing. But they would do a brick built Balrog I’m sure, maybe with some new molded parts mixed in to capture the shape well

On 1/18/2023 at 12:42 PM, Gabricks said:

I want actual theme of lord of the rings and not brickheadz and icons sets

I've been thinking - what is the best way to inform LEGOs designers and decision-makers that the LOTR theme is something I and many others would really like to see expanded in their repertoire? This forum? Do they read things here? Twitter? Facebook? Just wondering is all.

10 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

I've been thinking - what is the best way to inform LEGOs designers and decision-makers that the LOTR theme is something I and many others would really like to see expanded in their repertoire? This forum? Do they read things here? Twitter? Facebook? Just wondering is all.

Objectively speaking, sales.

7 minutes ago, sahidko said:

Well first they need to offer something to get some sales. And BH don't count. :D

That's what I mean. I'd give plenty of feedback via purchases if the theme had multiple sets to buy. But, buying three BH sets and an ICONS D2C doesn't seem potent enough. I WANT this theme and dozens of sets... like really want it badly, and I'm afraid if the message isn't sent with ferocity at the current moment they may never think about re-visiting the theme again. 

1 hour ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

That's what I mean. I'd give plenty of feedback via purchases if the theme had multiple sets to buy. But, buying three BH sets and an ICONS D2C doesn't seem potent enough. I WANT this theme and dozens of sets... like really want it badly, and I'm afraid if the message isn't sent with ferocity at the current moment they may never think about re-visiting the theme again. 

Should the Icons set be minifigure scale then it would effectively just be a really large system scale set which is what everyone wants right? 

This got me thinking hard about this.

The piececount and price point really do make it look like Microscale is the best option for it.

If it's Minifigure scale... what could this actually be?  A $500 diorama style set with minifigures?  An actual playset doesn't really fit.  Considering liscenced properties tend to have a lower price-per-piece ratio while the piece count is in the 6000 range, I can't really wrap my head around what this would be if not microscale.

Edited by Triceron

It could have lots of 1x1 parts for decorating roofs in a mosaic style pattern.

Where did the rumour that it was Rivendell come from?  I know reputable sources confirmed we were getting a D2C but who actually stated Rivendell.