languages

Member Titles - Questions and Answers

It was his title thread that saw him off. He completly used us. God I hate him. But don't get me started ;)

And I wasn't even here for the whole ordeal.

But what if someone uses "The Force" to change their title without the admin's permission?

He He, just noticed my new title :-D :P

Excellent, I love it - A French Green Jedi becoming Rogue Leader (next those two will merge :-D ).

Master Yoda in the Almighty Tie Army, who would have thought of that :-D ;)

Thanks to whoever gave it to me ;)

Side note: I did not change it myself - I give titles to members bUT I will never change mine (for those of you who wondered)

One slight suggestion, green jedi pilot.

Wounldn't the last line of your sig look better as "Hunting season, it is." ?

Akkh

One slight suggestion, green jedi pilot.

Wounldn't the last line of your sig look better as "Hunting season, it is." ?

Akkh

Good idea Akkhraziel;)

I shall modify it ;)

Dear members of our EB community,

Since there are a lot of new members and still a few questions related to titles, here is a little Q&A:

What is a title?

A title is a reward accorded to members who has proven worthy of being granted one.

Who gives titles?

Mostly I, the Titles Giver, award titles. Every admin can grant titles to our dear members.

When do I get a title?

Titles are given to members that do contribute to these forums.

Posting a lot will not grant you per se the ownership of a title.

Basically, a title is awarded when we feel that we know the member enough to give him a title suited to his personality or contribution to these forums.

Can the title change?

Of course a title can evolve!!

For example, my title has been changed 4 times (btw, I did not wrote nor chose my title): French Green Jedi -->Rogue Leader-->Tie Army Rogue Commander-->Mj�d Fueled Warrior (...)

Can I ask for a title?

Definitly not !!!! Because a title is a deserved �bonus� asking for one really annoys the admin and myself. Also, its not wise because we tend to award negative titles in this case.

Can I create a thread to complain, inquire or ask for a new title ?

No, for a simple reason of common sense like the previous question: it tends to annoy the admins.

We shall lock those threads and change the title as we see fit. If you really have a problem, contact either myself or a nother staff member via PM ;-)

I hope this little update was useful ;)

Bear in mind that titles are here for FUN !!!! Therefore do not take them too seriously !!

Do not hesitate to comment your titles here or ask any questions you see fit.

Edited by Hinckley

I just want to add that titles are not reserved to the bigwigs like on other forums. Some people I don't even know about have special titles. We give away a lot of them to our resident posters *satis*

For a little feedback,

I like them. I was inordiately amused when I saw my title, especially at the time. I think its a good bit of fun, and I enjoy looking at others title's.

Akkh

I just want to add that titles are not reserved to the bigwigs like on other forums. Some people I don't even know about have special titles. We give away a lot of them to our resident posters *satis*

Yes I much prfer how title are used here then in relation to *cough* other lego sites.

I love my title. Something about the Fez part, and the hunting and that. The TAWT adds that little something you know? :-D

I like my little Title. It was quite unexpected.

I agree... mine was as well... :-D

My title has been upgraded! Anybody get it?

I don't get yours. Could you explain it to me?

My title has been upgraded!  Anybody get it?

I don't get yours. Could you explain it to me?

You've never seen Monty Python? For shame, for shame....

Titles? I don't need no stinkin' titles! I already know I'm king.

Oh yeah, and this:

post-6-1120713892.gif

Titles? I don't need no stinkin' titles! I already know I'm king.

Is this reverse pyschology to get a title?

Nevermind! Anyone feel like a spot of regocide? We need a guillotine immediately!

What are the standard titles you get from posting.

I know it starts with Newbie but what are the rest and at what number of posts does it take to get there. I am a Respected Member now. I was an Advanced Member before this. If I don't get a title what is the highest title I can achieve?

What you are talking about are the "automated titles" that change according to your number of posts. I think that "respected member" is the highest. I do't know well enough the numbers of posts needed to switch category.

The titles I refer to in this thread are the "real titles" awarded by the admins and myself that do correspond to the member's personnality (...).

Hope this helped.

Good question. I'm curious in knowing too. I only got as high as "Advanced Member" before I got my title.

But here is what I know so far:

Newbie-->Quarter Member-->Half Member-->Member-->Advanced Member-->Respected Member

EDIT: Right after I posted, Yoda explained it to me. ;)