languages

Member Titles - Questions and Answers

Is it me, or does it seem like you only get a member title if you are friendly with staff or you anger them?

I got both mine for my ridiculousness and humorousity.

Is it me, or does it seem like you only get a member title if you are friendly with staff or you anger them?

Member titles are the gifts of the moderating gods; they are handed out whenever a moderator thinks a title fits. There's no real rhyme or reason to it. So, just sit back, take a whiff of ABS, and "hang". Give it a few years...you'll probably get one. :laugh: (Probably...)

Member titles are the gifts of the moderating gods; they are handed out whenever a moderator thinks a title fits. There's no real rhyme or reason to it. So, just sit back, take a whiff of ABS, and "hang". Give it a few years...you'll probably get one. :laugh: (Probably...)

Yeah, I guess you're right... Ah, that sweet ABS...Mmmm...

Spam Poet and Probably plays PS4 were from me.

No, no requirements, you don't have to be friends, you don't have to know anyone. I know neither of those two and they just....got em!

I've been stuck with the same stupid megablocks title for over a year, but I think the same rank or higher are the only ones that can change it.

I tried tracking mine in the log thread for a while, but after a while, it kinda just got away from me.

So if it happens, it happens. And yeah, if you go to an event and you do some memorable stuff or say something really dopey, you're gonna get pegged!

Spam Poet and Probably plays PS4 were from me.

Really? I had thought it was Hinckley. I guess I ought to thank you then, for my awesome title.

Thanks, Stash2Sixx!

Can't mods change their own titles?

Apparently not. :wink:

Actually, yes we can. We just consider it bad form to give oneself a title (unless there's a particularly good reason), so they are invariably a gift from another Mod/Admin.

Quite a lot of us also like to make a fellow Mod/Admin's title slightly cryptic, so that an observer might wonder what could have possibly precipitated it. :wink:

Don't forget the nifty little thread in Community where you can record your titles. :sweet:

This is really a great community feature, just like the "boys" or "girls" and "B.L.T community", back in the day, mind you more appropriate, (or not so blatantly offensive as many where), I would hope. Ummmm. "giggling sinisterly like".  

Wowsers, this is a thread bump. 

Might be an idea to avoid this kind of necromancy :wink:

4 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Wowsers, this is a thread bump. 

Might be an idea to avoid this kind of necromancy :wink:

Yes I have now learned what a bump is. I had no idea.