Ecclesiastes

Free Builds. Make sure to post a link here, for the glory of your Guild!

Quick question: if freebuilds have yet to be officially posted to this thread, is there a sunset period for how long they are eligible for scoring, or can I post something here, regardless of how old it is, so long as it has not yet been scored?

7 hours ago, The Stad said:

Quick question: if freebuilds have yet to be officially posted to this thread, is there a sunset period for how long they are eligible for scoring, or can I post something here, regardless of how old it is, so long as it has not yet been scored?

If the free build was posted after August 1st, but was not scored in the first period, it would still be eligible for this next period, but we did score some that weren't included here, and we may not allow the time extension after Challenge 2. 

The Isle of Druidham | Henjin_Quilones | Avalonia

Of Dragons and Druids, Ch. 2: The Library of Druidham | Henjin_Quilones | Avalonia

Prelude: The Queen's Council | Henjin_Quilones | Avalonia

Prelude: The Long Discussion | Henjin_Quilones | Avalonia

Lady Galaria, Mistress of Dragons, and Daeara the Earth Dragon | Henjin_Quilones | Avalonia

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

Just now, en_zoo said:

Laelarielian Army / en_zoo / Avalonia

Edit your earlier post to include this one, rather than creating a new post for every build. Create a new post once each freebuild scoring period, but include all of your builds from that period in that one post, editing it each time you have something new to add. 

10 minutes ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Edit your earlier post to include this one, rather than creating a new post for every build. Create a new post once each freebuild scoring period, but include all of your builds from that period in that one post, editing it each time you have something new to add. 

I thought those two builds of mine belonged to two different freebuild scoring periods?

Edited by en_zoo

3 minutes ago, en_zoo said:

I thought those two builds of mine belonged to two different freebuild scoring periods?

If they do, you are correct to keep them separate.

21 hours ago, en_zoo said:

As RA said, if they were, you would be correct. However, they are the same scoring period. It is, admittedly, a bit confusing, but to clarify: all non-Challenge I builds posted to the Guilds since October 1st belong in the second freebuild scoring period, which is the current one. It should be ending January 15th, if my memory serves me correctly. Thus, anything posted between October 1st and January 15th should share the same post in this thread. If something was posted before Oct. 1st, but not posted to this thread, it can still be added (and should be added to the current freebuild period), but there is the possibility that one of the Guild Leaders already added it to the list to be scored without it being posted here, since we do try to keep tabs on things. Does that help?

Edit by RA: Jan 15th deadline for period 2

18 minutes ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

As RA said, if they were, you would be correct. However, they are the same scoring period. It is, admittedly, a bit confusing, but to clarify: all non-Challenge I builds posted to the Guilds since October 1st belong in the second freebuild scoring period, which is the current one. It should be ending November 30th, if my memory serves me correctly. Thus, anything posted between October 1st and November 30th should share the same post in this thread. If something was posted before Oct. 1st, but not posted to this thread, it can still be added (and should be added to the current freebuild period), but there is the possibility that one of the Guild Leaders already added it to the list to be scored without it being posted here, since we do try to keep tabs on things. Does that help?

hehe it does, thanks ^^ I thought the period had finished because I've seen the scoring together with Challenge I scoring - I'll edit my 1st post then :classic: i can't erase the 2nd one though..

Edited by en_zoo

Mophet - Juz'albieta farm  | adde51 | Kaliphlin 

Mophet - Stable | adde51 | Kaliphlin 

Mophet - Ha'ri the potter | adde51 | Kaliphlin 

Mophet - Swineherding in Wadi Khinz'ir | adde51 | Kaliphlin 

Mophet - Guardtower | adde51 | Kaliphlin 

Mophet - blacksmith and armory | adde51 | Kaliphlin 

Mophet - Marketplace | adde51 | Kaliphlin 

Edited by adde51

5 minutes ago, adde51 said:

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/168310-kaliphlin-at-work-day-1-mophet-juzalbieta-farm/ 

If anyone can tell me how to insert my link in a way that makes it look like everyone elses (which everyone else seems capable of doing) feel free to teach me...*huh*

There's a link button right after the strikethrough (S), looks kind of like three chain links if you have a good imagination. :tongue:  Or you can double click on a link as your editing a post and a box should pop up that will give you options to change the link and/or the display text.

Edit: Scratch the code part, I can't get that to work...

Edited by Kai NRG

3 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

There's a link button right after the strikethrough (S), looks kind of like three chain links if you have a good imagination. :tongue:  Or you could write the code yourself, like so:

[url="YOURURLHERE"]YOURTEXTHERE[/url]

Or maybe it's without quotation marks, let's see: [url="https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/168310-kaliphlin-at-work-day-1-mophet-juzalbieta-farm/"]Mophet Juzalbieta Farm[/url].

Or you can double click on a link as your editing a post and a box should pop up that will give you options to change the link and/or the display text.

thanks a lot man! Only took me nine tries to get it right :laugh:

I have modified HQ's post above, but to reiterate:

The free build scoring periods roughly match the Challenge periods, but end 15 days before the Challenge deadlines.

Challenge 1 ended on Oct 15th, and the free-build period ended on Oct 1st

Challenge 2 (tentative) deadline is January 31st, and the free-build period is scheduled to end on January 15th.

This allows us to score free builds before we have to score Challenges.