obijon

[MOC] MINI First Light Star Yacht (SOLO)

Hello again everyone

This time I present a vessel from the latest star wars movie, Dryden Vos' luxury yacht the First Light.  I have not seen the movie yet but have found some good reference pictures, this being the best:

img_1069.jpg

My first attempt at building this involved slopes but to get all the detail on the outside it just became too thick.  I eventually decided on using wedge plates but I needed to have studs on both sides of the model so as not make the body of the ship too thick. I also needed a third layer in between (gold) for the elevator shaft which runs up the entire front of the ship.

This was solved by attaching the top of the two sides made of wedges with a clip plate which holds the top section and the bottom half of the model is clamped together using two brackets and a plate connecting the two which is the engine section.  There are also interlocking plates on both sets of wedges to stop the model sliding apart.  Using this method allows the gold parts and other details to be added to both sides and be symmetrical.

The black and pearl gold colour combination also looks pretty striking.

There is also no official Dryden Vos minifigure so I have again built my own only from official parts.  I like the use of the gold claws for the dagger. ;-)

Anyway enough of the waffling here is the model.

Hope you like it and let me know what you think.

Jon

firstlight1.jpgfirstlight2.jpgfirstlight3.jpgfirstlight4.jpgfirstlight5.jpg

on display planets style......

firstlightdisplay.jpg

and the Dryden Vos figure.

drydenvos.jpg

Edited by obijon

Really nice! Your Dryden Vos fig looks spot-on. I wish LEGO would make a System version of this ship, but I think it's pretty unlikely.

The detailing on the ship looks great the figure is also really accurate. Good job!