Klaus-Dieter

2019 Friends Sets - Rumors and Discussion

6 hours ago, lowbike1 said:

where are you seeing this? I cant find it anywhere..

It’s was on Instagram a couple of days ago but the new sets flooded the page and I can’t see them anymore but I hope that we will found out tomorrow at toy fair. This is if lego will allow to take pics

Edited by Rambo260

On 2/11/2019 at 9:55 PM, Rambo260 said:

A small rubber duck along with a small turtle different from the current one have just leaked. Could these be from any friends set cus they sure look like they could. The duck seems to be a toy rubber duck which could be in one of the multiple amusement park sets across friends and city and the turtle seems like a smaller version of the current one but it too looks like a toy so maybe a plushie reward? Or maybe it’s tied to the turtle rescue mission set that was in the leaked list? Tbh idk but they look very interesting and cute

The duck is supposedly from a Creator set, but I can see them working it into a Friends set too as a toy. The turtle is very interesting as this reboot has been lacking in new animals and a new baby turtle is a welcome addition. 

I think we’ll have to wait until April or May to see the summer sets, but at least we know the names and that they’re going to use vibrant coral more.

The lego group posted their growth in 2018 and contrary to what some have said the rebooted friends line is still one of the best selling ones up there with ninjago city and Star Wars. I’m very pleased with the results as I was worried for the future of friends

Edited by Rambo260

On 2/22/2019 at 4:54 PM, Soupperson1 said:

The duck is supposedly from a Creator set, but I can see them working it into a Friends set too as a toy. The turtle is very interesting as this reboot has been lacking in new animals and a new baby turtle is a welcome addition. 

I think we’ll have to wait until April or May to see the summer sets, but at least we know the names and that they’re going to use vibrant coral more.

Ducks are in City set aswell.

have y’all saw the new baby whale mold that has leaked? As usual it’s on Instagram. It has minidoll eyes and an overall rounded shape suggesting that it’s a minidoll piece. altho it’s pink? This makes me confused? Is this a supposed plush toy or is it an actual animal in the friends line but that be odd. Maybe a new theme? Idk lol but the mold is quite cute

Edited by Rambo260

On 3/16/2019 at 8:50 PM, Rambo260 said:

have y’all saw the new baby whale mold that has leaked? As usual it’s on Instagram. It has minidoll eyes and an overall rounded shape suggesting that it’s a minidoll piece. altho it’s pink? This makes me confused? Is this a supposed plush toy or is it an actual animal in the friends line but that be odd. Maybe a new theme? Idk lol but the mold is quite cute

Probably a beluga whale. Young beluga whales in real life are often pinkish white or pinkish grey in color before turning white as adults:

I suspect it will appear in one of the LEGO Friends ocean animal rescue sets that we've heard about for this summer!

The fact we’re getting so many new animals in these beach sets are exciting! Not only do we have that new whale, but a new seahorse, Paracnthurus hepatus, adult starfish and baby octopus. Additionally there’s the new baby turtle and baby dolphin pieces to go with the older versions. Hopefully this means we’ll get a big octopus and big whale too! ?

Edited by Soupperson1
Grammar

22 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

The fact we’re getting so many new animals in these beach sets are exciting! Not only do we have that new whale, but a new seahorse, Paracnthurus hepatus, adult starfish and baby octopus. Additionally there’s the new baby turtle and baby dolphin pieces to go with the older versions. Hopefully this means we’ll get a big octopus and big whale too! ?

Wait where have u seen these new animals? Or are they just speculations? They seem awesome

2 hours ago, Rambo260 said:

Wait where have u seen these new animals? Or are they just speculations? They seem awesome

If you look hard enough you can find them. The baby dolphin is aqua and is rather small but not tiny. The seahorse, Paracnthurus hepatus, adult starfish and baby octopus all come in a new accessory pack, so far we’ve only seen it in vibrant coral.

So, a variety of summer Friends sets have leaked as catalog preliminaries. They all look pretty good, but the "flagship" fairground /amusement park set in particular takes the cake! :thumbup: :oh:

Can anyone distinguish whether the ferris wheel in the background of the amusement park set will actually be included? It's kinda gray-ish / in the background so I'm not sure. If it were, woah!

I see that a few of the sets make generous usage of the new Vibrant Coral color introduced this year! :thumbup: :classic:

37 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

Can anyone distinguish whether the ferris wheel in the background of the amusement park set will actually be included? It's kinda gray-ish / in the background so I'm not sure. If it were, woah!

Hmmm, I'm afraid that's just mere background box art, which looks too prominent to the point where it could be potentially deceptive if one's not discriminating enough??? :look: :def_shrug:

Omg I love these even the heart boxes seem better than the last ones. I especially love the turtle mission set, there’s the new turtle mold three times it seems and it’s reusing queen watevras crown in white as a broken egg . so cute!:wub: the amusement park seems cool and also there are 5 figures! Emma,Stephanie, Olivia a random boy and a mermaid*oh2* it’s supposed to be a statue I think. Hopefully we get the tail in a new color. The pool looks more boring than the last one especially since there aren’t new carachters

Update. I saw more pics it seems to be the full wave except the restaurant if it’s coming. I love the new molds the lighthouse looks great the boat is fine and the submarine is gorgeous especially the broken boat with baby dolphin i so want to use that for recreating Ariel’s scene in the sunken ship. I’m so excited for these. Also my lilttle cousin noticed a horn like thing on the baby whale in the boat set could it be a narwhal?

Edited by Rambo260

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I see that a few of the sets make generous usage of the new Vibrant Coral color introduced this year! :thumbup: :classic:

Hmmm, I'm afraid that's just mere background box art, which looks too prominent to the point where it could be potentially deceptive if one's not discriminating enough??? :look: :def_shrug:

Remember that these are preliminary. Things like box backgrounds are easy to change to make it more clear what's part of the set and what isn't.

For me, this might be the strongest Friends wave yet

Those diving sets are just stunning 

At this point, it seems City and Friends are just rotating the themes

You can't believe how happy I am we are getting underwater theme - I have ELVES project focusing on Water tribe, so this whole series is a big win in my eyes.
All sets looks great but will get Turtle one and the Underwater scene one. LOVE new coral pieces!

I love the prominence of Vibrant Coral in these sets. The only ones that really stands out as potential purchases are the sub/shipwreck and the lighthouse, but these all look great. 

Yeah I could definitely see that lighthouse on the edge of my Docks area. I've been looking for something to brighten that section up . . 

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

At this point, it seems City and Friends are just rotating the themes

That's inevitable with successful themes — otherwise people getting into the theme later (especially kids and parents who might not be aware of sites like BrickLink) will have effectively missed their chance to get their hands on some of the cool stuff from earlier in the theme's lifetime.

At the same time, I think these sets do a fabulous stuff revisiting subjects we've seen before (like a lighthouse or an amusement park) in a very different way —or example, the lighthouse is a wildlife rescue center rather than a home and ice cream shop, and the amusement park is a Coney Island style park with entirely different rides than previous sets.

Just noticed some delightful little details — Queen Watevra's crown recolored in White as a cracked eggshell, a new coral piece in the submarine set, and an aquatic version of Zobo in the rescue ship set!

Edited by Aanchir

While some I need to see better pictures before a final judgement on first glance the turtle rescue, the submarine, the small amusement park ride are my top 3 favorites. The large amusement park set is one that the picture doesn't really show it off that great to form an opinion but as @Rambo260 said I hope that its a new color mermaid tail as well in the final product, and the use of the new crown as a broken shell is a perfect reuse and will be great to use with the baby raptors! I hope that 4+ store has some useful new prints if not then an easy pass and the heart boxes don't do it for me. I am kinda torn on the lighthouse I think after some reviews ill end up really liking it the use of the new coral color instead of a pink appeals to me more and if my budget wasn't so limited that large ship would be a buy maybe on clearance I hope that the possible baby beluga whale or whatever it is will be for sale on bricks and pieces for a decent price and hopefully Lego says somewhere on the box what it actually is. 

Also upon looking at the grocery store again is that cart a new piece? It doesn't look quite like a brick built one but rather more like the scooters where its a piece then the handle bars attach. 

On 2/22/2019 at 3:54 PM, Soupperson1 said:

Isn’t it from the fun at the theme park people pack? There’s a hook a duck there 

On 3/30/2019 at 9:24 PM, Feng-huang0296 said:

The only ones that really stands out as potential purchases are the sub/shipwreck and the lighthouse

I feel the same. The other sets will require more and better pictures to make a final judgement, especially how useful the parts will be for building other stuff.

Mylenium