Sign in to follow this  
narbilu

Khaor Guest house [Varlyrio, Freebuild]

Guest house & residence

30426746548_9abe2bda0f.jpg 

A town can only flourish if the visitors not only trade but decide to reside there also. The streets are filled with beautiful architecture, no matter how small the house. This particular building represents on the left the guesthouse of the Khaor family (you can see uncle Nar Bilu is visiting) and on the right a small traders house.

29358181867_b1da1e284d_m.jpg 44245659202_a839943927_m.jpg

Sorry no interiors in this build...

Spoiler

WIP Kashgar - August 27th

29358185487_34d36641b6_n.jpg

This is my favorite of the bunch thus far. Great details with the balconies and multi-tiered building.

Lots of arches here, I defenitely like that! Together with the balconies, they make for a very Varlyrian feeling :thumbup: 

The city is getting ever bigger, it seems...

Lovely roof setup on the medium dark flesh building. It also makes great use of half arches :thumbup: Great to see your town building so quickly, and you're really capturing the Varlyrian style beautifully.
The fountain design, while simple, is still one I can't recall seeing before and looks great :classic:

Excellent, I dig the layers of buildings, very Venetian! I wish you made the base and cobbles less flat though, it's all tiled, and It looks strange to have the height of the wood planks, for example, at exactly the same height of the stones. 

The tan building here is pretty excellent, in my view, with all of those beautiful arches and balconies. The log bricks up at the top serve nicely to break up the texture and give a hint of decoration. I am less convinced by the medium dark flesh (or whatever hue it is, exactly - there are so many mid-range brownish colors that I lose track...) building, especially the half-arch covering part of a window. It is really not bad, though, and I think when put in context of all of the other builds it should fit right in; it just is not as nice as the tan half. Perhaps it lacks as definite of a style and seems unsure exactly what kind of building it wants to be, or perhaps it is the asymmetry of the arches on its front. Either way, I like the build and am glad to see the city growing!

I love this design.  The colors work really well here, and the placement of the buildings is great.  I really like the fountain, the windows, and I like the top of the tan tower.

Good stuff!

Great job.  The medium flesh with the dark grey goes nicely together.  Also is the small part on the roof for housing birds? It kind of reminds me of building from busy cities especially give me a New York city vibe.  The arches are nice and the multiple roof sections work well together.  The cobblestone is clean and neat.  Nice little scene.  

Keep the town growing :classic: 
Some C&C is that I really like the tan part of the building with its different tiers etc, but I'm not as fond of the dbg arches on the mdf facade.

Nice! I do like the tan building with the corner balcony, it has lovely proportions. I also like the mix of buildings crammed side by side in the street, it looks quite realistic. If i were to make a suggestion, it might be to lose the big dark grey half arch covering the window on the ground floor of the medium nougat building - it pushes the dark grey from being a welcome accent to being a bit overpowering, and looks a little odd next to the arch of the doorway next to it. I would also think about adding some more texture on the walls of that building too - i feel like the neatness of the repeating brickwork pattern looks a bit modern.

Nice to see your Varlyrian streetscape coming together! :classic:

I like the moc with the colour scheme to it! Bald move to mix those coloirs togheter but I like the outcome! Great to see your city growing