MAG85

[MOC / MOD] Imperial Star Destroyer 75055

Hello everybody!

This is my version of the 75055 Lego Star Destroyer.

44194688971_ac181bc44a_c.jpgSD_1, on Flickr

I know there are many fantastic models from the Imperial Star Destroyers in this forum, such as Raskolnikov's ISD Aggressor. Unfortunately I do not have the space (and money) for such a big model.

My goal was to make this ship a little bigger and keep the playability of the set. So I enlarge the original version of the size of the Lego Imperial Star Destroyer 6211 from 2006. The construction is similar to the original construction of 75055. You can just put it on the table and open the panel easily. I mainly used parts from the set 75190. Due to the weight I had to stiffen the underbody with long technic bricks and wedge plates.

44194687631_d92cb18368_c.jpgSD_2, on Flickr

43288644125_221acc9f85_c.jpgSD_3, on Flickr

44194688261_a7f5820b05_c.jpgSD_4, on Flickr

43288645205_6d102905d6_c.jpgSD_5, on Flickr

43288644625_5f4f988547_c.jpgSD_6, on Flickr

My model will also feature an interior. More pics will follow soon.

What do you think about that?

MAG85

First glance it looks pretty similar to the playsets, maybe the panels looks a bit more polished and smoother. One thing I certainly don't like and would be definitely against is putting the round plates underneath the sensor (or deflector?) domes on the bridge. It makes them stick out way to much up and it magnifies how they angle off to the sides. Besides that its some decent looking ISD there :)

Nice! The surface of the ISD does look much smoother and well done although I'm not sure about the black engines. Aren't they supposed to be grey? 

Looking forward to more pics!

^ They only come in old light grey, hard to source and quite expensive for used parts on BrickLink. I think that might have been the issue.

12 hours ago, krisandkris12 said:

^ They only come in old light grey, hard to source and quite expensive for used parts on BrickLink. I think that might have been the issue.

Oh I get it now. You could always try a brick built alternative though

On 8/27/2018 at 12:34 AM, krisandkris12 said:

First glance it looks pretty similar to the playsets, maybe the panels looks a bit more polished and smoother. One thing I certainly don't like and would be definitely against is putting the round plates underneath the sensor (or deflector?) domes on the bridge. It makes them stick out way to much up and it magnifies how they angle off to the sides. Besides that its some decent looking ISD there :)

Thanks for your Feedback. Yes the sensor (or deflector?) is a little bit to high and not perpendicular. Maybe I can change it. It's not so easy in this scale.

On 8/27/2018 at 8:04 AM, JarJarBonks said:

Nice! The surface of the ISD does look much smoother and well done although I'm not sure about the black engines. Aren't they supposed to be grey? 

Looking forward to more pics!

Also thanks for your Feedback. The answer from krisandkris 12 is correct. These engines in light gray costs 12$/10EUR per piece on bricklink. Maybe I change them from to dark gray. Your suggestion with a brick built version is also a good idea.

More pics will follow!