Sign in to follow this  
ZlatanXVIGustaf

Where the Map Leads

After a long and dangerous journey through deep and deceptive forest of the Mystic Isles, the brave explorer has finally found what he came looking for, a gem from an ancient elvish king.

43051337404_bfc17c3417_b.jpg

41958917180_fef33e4c51_b.jpg

43767345591_9bf4541899_b.jpg

43767347421_6bedc90108_b.jpg

43767366421_70b9fcf192_b.jpg

Lots more pictures in the Flickr album if you're interested. 

This build is for the Summer Joust 2018 collaboration category. The team consists of @Henjin_Quilones, @TitusV, @The Maestro and me. Here is Henjins build, the rest will follow in a not so distant future. It was a great pleasure to collab with these guys once again, lots of fun. 

Edited by ZlatanXVIGustaf

That is fantastic!  I really love the dense foliage.  It's almost a jungle feel, but not quite.  I like how you used the palm trees as large plants by putting them vertical.  The Snot stonework for the base with dirt on top is awesome, too.  It's a little hard to see the gem at first from the photo, but if you zoom in, you can see it.  I like the rushing water, too.  Where did that map come from?  Great job!

Such an honour to have you in our team Zlatan, this jungle scene is just amazing :thumbup: 

I love all the vegetation, and the spilling borders work very well IMHO!

1 hour ago, Grover said:

That is fantastic!  I really love the dense foliage.  It's almost a jungle feel, but not quite.  I like how you used the palm trees as large plants by putting them vertical.  The Snot stonework for the base with dirt on top is awesome, too.  It's a little hard to see the gem at first from the photo, but if you zoom in, you can see it.  I like the rushing water, too.  Where did that map come from?  Great job!

He bought it right here :tongue: 

29895960858_93d0e62b61_h.jpg

Edited by TitusV

I really loved this Summer Joust entry. :wub:  The section cut through the earth along the back side is fantastically done, as is the stream. :thumbup:

This is great, especially the foliage work! The outcroppings from the base are all well done and the overgrown ruins where the gemstone is are beautifully integrated.

Love it.  The landscaping is awesome especially the stream.  The trees are great.  The expression on the fig is priceless.  Wonderful job.  

Some nice vegetation you have there, ZG! Too bad you left such lush environs for a chance to be stabbed in the back...

I enjoy the way you made the shrine so overgrown, and appreciate the cheese-mosaic in particular. The tails/horns make for nice elvish elements, though I am less fond of the ones coming from the top than the ones supporting the gem. I think the river might be my favorite detail here, though. That and the map made from the hide of one of my sheep!

So dense... the foilage is stunning, the facial expression is spot on and the overall build is awesome

You certainly have a great knack for adding a lot of detail to a relatively small build! The foliage is really nice, as @narbilu pointed out it's very dense and believable, but for me the stand out item is the detail you've added to the rockworks and soil, with studs pointing in all directions. It's blended perfectly and very pleasing on the eye.

Good work!

Great vegetation! :thumbup:  I really like the texture around back too, especially the brown - not something we see very often!

Oh, I hadn't seen the back before, that's some sweet layering! Also I love the shot with the traveler crossing the brook, that is so fresh and real I can almost hear the birds chirping and the water splashing, awesome! 

Gorgeous vegetation, mate - lovely all around! :wub:  Awesome mix of greens and some epic layering, and the river through the middle is excellent as well!

On 8/26/2018 at 11:26 AM, TitusV said:

He bought it right here :tongue: 

<snip>

:laugh:  Quite right! :grin: :rofl:

I'm not sure what else there is to say about this build...
It is truly a stunning nature scene, from the trees to the rock and dirt, and especially the stream :wub:
Great diversity of plants, but nothing looks out of place.

The Avalonian team pulled off another marvelous collab entry this year :thumbup:

So much to study here! The river and when it comes out from the broder, the dense foilage, the trees in different sizes and styles! Great work!!!

Excellent scene overall, especially the vegetation.

Great presentation, both the flawless photos of the whole build and the nice closeups :classic: