trekman

Lego Technic Krone Big M Grass Machine

I present to you a project which has been sitting completed for some time now.  The need for its parts has prompted the video below, before the machine is dismantled.  Now before anyone gets too excited, this is a very rough representation of the actual machine.  My main focus was on getting power transferred efficiently from a buggy motor to the side mowers, and also permitting the range of movements that are required. This would normally be accomplished with high tension belts, but I had to opt for a continuous driveline with minimum bevel gears, and maintain high efficiency.

The pneumatics are pressure controlled through a switch, and facilitate the variable ground clearance on the front axle, as well as the lowering and raising of the side mowers.
The batteries were a little depleted at the time of filming.

All other functions are described below.

Pneumatic compressor - M motor
Front mower lift - M motor
Front mower operation - M Motor
Side mower operation - Buggy motor
Mower switch on/off - Micro motor through pole reverser switches
Steering - M Motor
Drive - 2 XL Motors
2 PF Battery boxes are used, and three PF receivers

Enjoy!

I would welcome your comments.

You've done an amazing job, it aint what I would call rough so now I'm interested to see what you create as good. Its complex but simple. Keep it up.:thumbup:

Neat machine, it looks like you nailed the mechanical functions pretty well. The unfolding of the side mowers could be a bit smoother, but since Lego doesn't make a flow controls for its pneumatics, the alternative would be linear actuators.  There's some nice details on the model but other areas look rough, it could benefit from some extra time being spent on looks. 

It is certainly challenging project because we have only one size tractor tires, but because YouTube has closed connection it would be nice if you could upload some images.

Thanks

I suppose this is your moc

https://www.google.hr/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DfTkBf2Sqz-k&ved=2ahUKEwi6xpmxmordAhXFAewKHTpDBNgQwqsBMAB6BAgKEAU&usg=AOvVaw1jDUC-Okc4-qLCIF2KI7cv

All functions look very good except pneumatics...and we see here how important would be that LEGO makes 95mm tractor tires. If I saw correct video it would be nicer that you used lime and tan color combo. 

Presently I did not have many lime panels.  What I had was the metallic green from 8466.  I just had to work the panels in where I could.  I think we have to look beyond the panel colours, as some builders like myself don't have a full palette of colours or sizes.  The pneumatics operated rather fast due to the build up of pressure in the tanks.  The operator did not ease the valve slow enough.  I was just so glad that the machine was very reliable throughout, as the buggy motor is deeply positioned in the belly of the machine and would have been difficult to access.

Of course you can not make it with parts that you do not have. Functions other than pneumatics are really good and owning 8466 set is reason for using Power puller tires at the front

Great MOC! All I he functions work very smoothly. And I really like the looks.

Function, form, looks, what more could you want?

Andy D