onecase

[MOC] The Empire Over Jedha City

Introducing <The Empire Over Jedha City>

I tried to represent the movie scene as close as possible.

There has been several version updates since last year and it's finally finished.

I especially concentrated on the proportion of mid scale Star Destroyer which I'm pretty satisfied with. 

There are many greebles for the city details and many wedge plates used for the rock foundation to give nice contrast with the vertical city walls.

Brick count 4986, 50x32x33cm. The instructions will be ready soon. 

Thank you and enjoy.

42509743360_54d69e1b77_b.jpgThe Empire over Jedha City by one case, on Flickr

44271533122_7cc1479784_b.jpgThe Empire over Jedha City by one case, on Flickr

44319362881_f325c5753b_c.jpgThe Empire over Jedha City by one case, on Flickr

29317340047_bc46afacc5_b.jpgThe Empire over Jedha City by one case, on Flickr

43347175175_100ea45485_c.jpgThe Empire over Jedha City by one case, on Flickr

29317339827_646e0bbca3_b.jpgThe Empire over Jedha City by one case, on Flickr

29317339457_44fdab94c1_b.jpgThe Empire over Jedha City by one case, on Flickr

43347174625_74c7ef64d7_c.jpgThe Empire over Jedha City by one case, on Flickr

29317339097_f1e39ec962_c.jpgThe Empire over Jedha City by one case, on Flickr

29317338847_59c833dd50_c.jpgThe Empire over Jedha City by one case, on Flickr

30550753908_5e7a05e729_b.jpgThe Empire over Jedha by one case, on Flickr

Edited by onecase

That's a great scene and very well represented - I love looking at all the Jedda city pieces and you have captured it brilliantly.

Love this - and you have the Star Destroyer spot on.

Fab!

This might be my favourite MOC of 2018 yet! It looks fantastic. I would honestly love to have this on display!

Also let me compliment on your pictures. They are so good I immediately hear the sharp tones of jedha music from the rogue one! :D And it's great news you are making instructions!

3 hours ago, krisandkris12 said:

This might be my favourite MOC of 2018 yet! It looks fantastic. I would honestly love to have this on display!

Agreed!  This should be up on Ideas.  You've captured so much, so well, at a reasonable scale!  The landscape, SD, city - all wonderfully done!  :wub:

Really great idea for a MOC! I love it.
Your city and the mini star destroyer is very detailed. Good job there.

This mountain was very Wedge-intense :wink:

4 hours ago, deraven said:

Agreed!  This should be up on Ideas.  You've captured so much, so well, at a reasonable scale!  The landscape, SD, city - all wonderfully done!  :wub:

I wouldn't bother - they aren't passing SW based models through and if they do, they wouldn't accept it in review. it could only possibly serve as another platform to get publicity for the model :)

Nonetheless, I am sure this will get popular on it's own. I can see it being blogged and stuff.

Btw how long is the ISD in studs? I wonder how does it translate to my Venator in terms of scale.

Fantastic. Just fantastic. Can't wait to those instructions and keep one on my desk :D

3 hours ago, krisandkris12 said:

I wouldn't bother - they aren't passing SW based models through and if they do, they wouldn't accept it in review. it could only possibly serve as another platform to get publicity for the model :)

Nonetheless, I am sure this will get popular on it's own. I can see it being blogged and stuff.

Btw how long is the ISD in studs? I wonder how does it translate to my Venator in terms of scale.

10 hours ago, krisandkris12 said:

Also let me compliment on your pictures. They are so good I immediately hear the sharp tones of jedha music from the rogue one! :D And it's great news you are making instructions!

54 studs, 40cm long

^ Thanks. That's actually exactly the same length as my model :D Sigh. I would have hoped the scale is the same. I might build yours nonetheless, it just looks too good!

30 minutes ago, CodeNameGoldMember said:

Are/will there be directions for this?

Reading the author's post a bit more carefully will reveal you the truth! :D

4 hours ago, CodeNameGoldMember said:

This is amazing! Are/will there be directions for this?

yes, sooner or later.

Damn. I really need to make myself one of these SDs. Will you get very mad if I make it a little bit more tiled? :)

26 minutes ago, Jerac said:

Damn. I really need to make myself one of these SDs. Will you get very mad if I make it a little bit more tiled? :)

Not at all. It's single layered hulls, makes it difficult to use many tiles. Let me know if you have better solutions. 

@onecase Would you share a picture or some details of your photo booth setup? I can't get enough watching your pics and I wonder how much of the nice background transient is achieved by propping the background and how much is some goodol' photoshop skills.

7 minutes ago, krisandkris12 said:

@onecase Would you share a picture or some details of your photo booth setup? I can't get enough watching your pics and I wonder how much of the nice background transient is achieved by propping the background and how much is some goodol' photoshop skills.

Maybe I will post them on my instagram account.