Pdaitabird

What are some Star Wars sets that TLG could never produce?

Hi all, I thought it might be fun to brainstorm some SW sets that Lego would never be able to produce. This  could include sets based on scenes that are too violent, or just too boring, to make good playsets. We're all adults here, so let's have fun with this!

An example: Tusken Raider Encampment including Anakin Skywalker, Shmi Skywalker and several Tuskens. Not just the men...but the women...and the children.

Or a Lars homestead playset, with a few stormtroopers and "crispy" Owen and Beru.

Or...Trade Negotiations battle pack!

Share your MOCs or hypothetical descriptions here and have fun!

Haha! All great suggestions, mine would be Luke’s Ahch-To Dairy, complete with a milky green moustached Skywalker.

New from Lego in 2019, it's the very anticipated Senate Chamber! Yes relieve all the intriguing Senate meetings throughout episodes 1-3! You can move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership, or give The Supreme Chancellor Palpatine emergency powers. While your at it why not change the Republic into an Empire and outlaw the Jedi for Betraying you? Does not include Yoda as Jedi's are not allowed in the Senate chamber, also the pods can only move from side to side, no silly force magic here! Minifigures include Bail Organa, Padmé Amidala, Palpatine, Finis Valorum, Más Amedda, Mon Mothma, Orn Free TAA, Stonk, Jar-Jar Binks, those alien guys, that one with the werid hair, blue dudes, and those ET looking creatures. Have fun building! 

57 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Jedi Temple massacre playset complete with dead younglings. 

For real I would love a Jedi Temple set, but sadly for that reason it may never happen. I can still hope though!

Edited by Khscarymovie4

The underwater city of Otoh Gunga, complete with Qui Gon Jinn, Obi wan, Jar Jar, Boss Nass and 2 other gungans. Features 2 underwater pod things and a submarine.

Luke, Obi Wan, C-3po and R2 burning jawas

Rey meets shirtless Kylo

Well I would say Snoke cut in two, but you can already do that by splitting the minifigure torso from the legs. But they would never put the suggestion in the box art. You can imagine it though. ?

1 hour ago, The_Nev said:

Obi Wan vs Anakin/Vader, complete with fried Anakin!

They already have a fried Anakin. Not one, but two!

Jabba with slave Leia in the style of the blocky method used in the UCS Yoda/R2/BB-8/Maul bust

43 minutes ago, JarJarBonks said:

They already have a fried Anakin. Not one, but two!

There you go! I wasn't aware.

In that case, I'll change my suggestion to The Bubble Theatre, with Palpatine and Anakin minifigs - relive the moment Anakin learns of the tragedy of Darth Plagueis!

Lego 7113 Tusken Raider Encounter has Anakin on his swoop along with two tuskens... so basically IS the camp set but just missing Shmi. You can't get round the fact that it's that scene.

I think Aunt Beru is a big miss from the SW line but maybe Lego just can't get round the fact the Lars Homestead is a pretty uninspiring place that's famous for those charred skeletons.

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

Lego 7113 Tusken Raider Encounter has Anakin on his swoop along with two tuskens... so basically IS the camp set but just missing Shmi. You can't get round the fact that it's that scene.

I think Aunt Beru is a big miss from the SW line but maybe Lego just can't get round the fact the Lars Homestead is a pretty uninspiring place that's famous for those charred skeletons.

You're right - I actually had that set but had forgotten about it! I love how they gave Anakin a nice smiling face for his rampage!

I just thought of this one: Obi Wan and the death stick pusher!

Very good choices so far...  :laugh:

This is my take: Darth Sidious' new apprentice first mission in Mustafar to take care of the separatists. That would be a great set full of relevant bad-guys minifigs from the prequels trilogy. It could have also a revised version of Anakin from Palpatine's Arrest (9526).

Edited by dvogon

On 8/25/2018 at 3:37 AM, Pdaitabird said:

Hi all, I thought it might be fun to brainstorm some SW sets that Lego would never be able to produce. This  could include sets based on scenes that are too violent, or just too boring, to make good playsets.

This is entirely in the hands of the evil denizens of Disney, but I guess LEGO would object even to a full holo chess with figures maiming each other... ;-)

Mylenium

Luke's "got milk" encounter: come with Luke green milk on beard minifig, aktu sea cow and brick built cove scene.

C-3PO's Oil bath: comes with C-3PO, R2-D2, Luke, also includes brick built oil bath machine and part of the Lar's homestead.

Anakin and Padme's fireplace "talk": comes with Anakin and Padme, also includes brick built fireplace and living room scene.

Ben's Jawa BBQ: comes with 4 dead Jawas, Ben Kenobi, Luke, C-3PO and R2-D2, also includes brick built fire for burning bodies.

19 hours ago, dvogon said:

Very good choices so far...  :laugh:

This is my take: Darth Sidious' new apprentice first mission in Mustafar to take care of the separatists. That would be a great set full of relevant bad-guys minifigs from the prequels trilogy. It could have also a revised version of Anakin from Palpatine's Arrest (9526).

9494 Anakin's Jedi Interceptor had dark side Anakin and Nute Gunray for him to slaughter.

What will never ever get released is Naboo Royal starship because of all the chrome pieces needed.

3 hours ago, Artizan said:

9494 Anakin's Jedi Interceptor had dark side Anakin and Nute Gunray for him to slaughter.

What will never ever get released is Naboo Royal starship because of all the chrome pieces needed.

Honestly I can live without the chrome parts. They've never bothered with them on any of the non-UCS Naboo Fighters so why should the Royal Starship be any different? Even in light grey (or pearl silver) the ship still has a beautiful sleek design and is the closest the Prequel Trilogy ever came to having a hero ship fill the hole left by the Millennium Falcon. Seems like a waste not to attempt it on the chrome reason alone.

I’m not sure Lego’s a particularly good medium to make any of the Nubian Starships. It’s too blocky for their smooth contours.

1 hour ago, MAB said:

Anything with slave Leia is unlikely again.

Not necessarily. Disney have cut back on marketing Slave Leia, but her inclusion in Lego's Force Awakens game and the exclusive Funko Pop release prove that she's not completely banned like clickbait articles have claimed.

Haha, thanks for the great topic!

I would love to have a light saber duel set in line with Battle on Geonosis with Dooku and Yoda or Death Star with Vader and Luke or Battle on Naboo with Obi-Wan, Quiqon and Maul made from the Ep III first duel scene with Anakin, Obi-Wan and Dooku, but in line with this topic, I guess it is never going to happen ^^'

- Samppu