Sign in to follow this  
barneius

[MOD] Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle - black and mean

It was about a year ago and it was my very first, long (3 waves of bricklink orders) and enjoyable try on building something big and different than official Lego set. I started with the idea of just fixing the "wings problem" and replacing all light blueish gray pieces for mostly black ones. The inspiration for the construction for that came from Rebel Builder's technic hinges technique (credits!). When I was done I realized it is so majestic, it really deserves to be in black. And there it is... :) I made lots of different modifications both in wings and fuseloge. They are mostly not visible but very important to make it sturdy enough not to come apart during play with the wings position. And I was happy to manage the goal. What I was really proud of were the guides for the wings that prevent them from wobbling in any position or direction. The very front part with the mean red windows is designed as in Jang's version of this MOD (BIG Up Jang!). I do not know if I made it the same way as he did, but the shape is, as far as i recognize, the same and in my opinion absolutely perfect. I would really recommend this MOD to everyone, because the end result is much more than pleasing. Of course if you do not own 75104 and want to built the black beast, don't buy official Lego set, because you would replace most of parts.

39881420172_0148485968_c.jpgKylo Ren's Command Shuttle Lego 75104 MOD by Barney Markowski, on Flickr

39881421832_77d46b8ba4_c.jpgKylo Ren's Command Shuttle Lego 75104 MOD by Barney Markowski, on Flickr

39914196051_c8c82baafa_c.jpgKylo Ren's Command Shuttle Lego 75104 MOD by Barney Markowski, on Flickr

39881422352_abf0bbd0dc_c.jpgKylo Ren's Command Shuttle Lego 75104 MOD by Barney Markowski, on Flickr

39881422262_25a6f08c00_c.jpgKylo Ren's Command Shuttle Lego 75104 MOD by Barney Markowski, on Flickr

39881422092_f9ffda4a75_c.jpgKylo Ren's Command Shuttle Lego 75104 MOD by Barney Markowski, on Flickr

39203568434_bb675a97eb_c.jpgKylo Ren's Command Shuttle Lego 75104 MOD by Barney Markowski, on Flickr

39203568354_8ea3818353_c.jpgKylo Ren's Command Shuttle Lego 75104 MOD by Barney Markowski, on Flickr

39015300555_b196f274c7_c.jpgKylo Ren's Command Shuttle Lego 75104 MOD by Barney Markowski, on Flickr

39914195621_a975b7ced2_c.jpgKylo Ren's Command Shuttle Lego 75104 MOD by Barney Markowski, on Flickr

39015299575_8c58c9c729_c.jpgKylo Ren's Command Shuttle Lego 75104 MOD by Barney Markowski, on Flickr

26041161588_0d7bd8be9d_c.jpgKylo Ren's Command Shuttle Lego 75104 MOD by Barney Markowski, on Flickr

39203565844_aa064dee09_c.jpgKylo Ren's Command Shuttle Lego 75104 MOD by Barney Markowski, on Flickr

8 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

What a beast ...it's so beautiful! :wub:

8 hours ago, JarJarBonks said:

Nice! certainly looks better than the original!

Happy you like it! And once again: I've done lots by myself but credits go also to Rebel Builder and Jang.

Edited by barneius

@barneius Great work! You inspired me to make my own Command Shuttle - check how I made a instruction in LDD :)

Edited by Kozikyo86

12 hours ago, Kozikyo86 said:

@barneius Great work! You inspired me to make my own Command Shuttle - check how I made a instruction in LDD :)

please don't make too many moc or I'll spend all my money buying them... atm6 50% done by the way, fantastic.

1 hour ago, G59 said:

please don't make too many moc or I'll spend all my money buying them... atm6 50% done by the way, fantastic. 

Haha :laugh: Thanks! 

Now, I'll take a little break, build this Command Shuttle and prepare to next, probably UCS project... 4000-6000 parts I think :classic: 

In this time, you can slowly build AT-M6 :classic:

Hi!

Another improvement of my project, you can already download files from my YouTube, link in this topic! :classic:

Now have 1318 parts, wings are bigger than 75014 set, middle section is wider on 2 studs.

My Command Shuttle MOC - free LDD files available on my YouTube!!!

Looks FANTASTIC barneius!

I did the same project shortly after the original 75104 released - just couldn't handle all the inaccuracies :wall:  With mine, I chose to leave some dark grey elements here and there just to accent all the black.

And it's too bad because 75104 really had the potential to be a GREAT set!  This command shuttle design is one of the most glaring examples of the challenge toy companies face with very secretive and changing movie scripts - Hasbro REALLY got it wrong:laugh:   A predominantly black ship with tilting wings (without those flaps on the bottom) would have been perfect!  Oh well...maybe in a re-design some day.

Edited by lowlead
deleted photo

On 11/19/2018 at 5:18 PM, lowlead said:

Looks FANTASTIC barneius!

Thank you! Actually I've just finished LDD designing of a true MOC of this spectacular vessel. The size is not much bigger, yet the proportions and detailing are at a completely different level. It is 2500 pieces, so it fits well within UCS standards. I think I'll be ready to present it in January. Stay tuned :)