Sign in to follow this  
Lord Buckethead

Fazia Country Residence

Fazia family members are renowned for being somewhat paranoid, and who can blame them. As such they own a multitude of country residences, scattered across the Varlyrian countryside where they can plot without fear of retribution for their many indecent acts. 

This is one such country residence, owned by Giuseppe Fazia, heir to the family. It is guarded by one of the renowned Fazia guards, elite soldiers who pledge their allegiance to the Fazia family and to nothing else.

UJ0GIAz.jpg

83eyWUh.jpg

qUXzwlj.jpg

This will act as an entry into guild challenge 2B as this will not be my sig-figs primary residence. I hope you like my first actual build in GoH and I look forward to building more. By the way my sig-fig is the one in the slouch hat. Thanks for viewing.

Very nice first build, Lord Buckethead! I like the way the roof is sloping over the entrance there, and the different levels of the house imply grandeur. One thing that I find a bit odd is that the door knobs are so high off the ground (a minifig would need a ladder to use them) while the ground-floor windows are so low to the ground. It creates an odd sense of scale to have them like that, I think. The windows themselves are a creative approach to stained glass, though, and I love your minifigs! I look forward to seeing more. 

Nicely done, mate - those blue windows are really intriguing!  They do work pretty well in the color-scheme, though, and I'm liking the house's layout, which really gives it a quite strong minifig-illusion scale.  It'd be nice if the two red roofs could intersect without so much of a gap, but that admittedly would not be easy!  Great work for your first GoH build, and I hope they'll be many more to come! 

I like the colors here and the Swiss Guard looking doorman. The curved base and consistent, thick grass are also nice touches. Great ideas for the windows too, they really bring the build together.

C&C would be down to photography (pics are grainy) and the random leaf pieces here and there on the walls. It usually looks better if you cluster those together to give the impression of leafy vines.

I like this country side vision of Varlyrio. The style of the house is cool, any interior made?

Very cool!  I love the Varlyrian feel.  It seems like it's more of a countryside build from the tall grass and greenery as opposed to the many city builds we're seeing.  The terracotta roof is really great, too.  Perfect choice of colors.  The base is really good, too--not irregular per se, but more defined with rounded corners, giving it not a traditional baseplate feel, but also less 'modern abstract' that some of the irregular bases do.  I think it lends to a regimented, maintained household feel for the whole build, which seems appropriate given a guard out front.  Does it have an interior?  Great job, and I look forward to seeing more builds from you!

Very cool build.  I like the colors and the slanted roof.   I also like the dark blue for the windows.  The grass works well the way you have it simple and clean landscaping.  

Sweet countryside for sure! Though the vegetation could maybe profit from some variation or other colours, the dark red roofs work very well. Nice residence :thumbup: 

I like the architecture of the sloped roof above the gate, really nice design. I also like the tan and dark tan colour choice, it contrasts well with the dark blue windows.

I love how old and overgrown this feels.  It's a great design, and it implies there is so much more to see than what is shown.  I really like the transparent blue windows.

Nice work!

Nice build LB, I like how the trans dark blue contrasts with the tans and red highlights. Great mini-fig combos as well!

Very good use of tan and dark tan :thumbup: Unique roof setup that fits well for Varlyrio. Excellent telescope design as well!