One of the best model's i've seen and will ever see in my life!

Keep up with the great work Sariel!

Your range of skills and model diversity are far beyond my capabilities. So your understatement in the introduction is ridiculous IMO, makes me feel flattered and bad on the other hand, but thanks anyway :wink:. When I saw your plans for the upcoming year 2018 where the 917K has been announced, I was curious already and the result is better than I expected. What a great livery and refreshing color scheme :thumbup:! You have created an amazing and incredible looking replica of this legendary LM race car, doing full justice to its real counterpart. Always loved your „max performace“ philosophy when it comes to motorization. The big shocks / moving suspension are very cool to watch. Á propos video – you have this kind of  humor, almost subliminal  -  I enjoyed all of it with a big smile :laugh:!

Edited by brunojj1

The car is amazingly put together and the system parts add so much to it. The video is also incredible!

@Sariel what a gorgeous replication of an iconic car in my absolute favorite livery (gulf).  It leaves me hope that someday someone will make a GT40 in gulf livery after seeing your amazing model and how beautiful it is.

I would love love to have this on my shelf so hopefully that will be a possibility somehow.

Having used buggy motors and seen them used in a heavy vehicle, do you believe using four was advantageous?  It seems for the speed you were going, two may have achieved the same result.

My only criticism for this masterpiece is the front tire.  I don't like it is a balloon style and it should be about the same diameter as the back.  I understand the difficulity though, using the tumbler tire has a smaller wheel and it would look odd using a larger wheel in the front just to match the tire diameter.

:wub_drool::wub::wub::wub::grin_wub:

Wonderful model! Very iconic car in its most recognizable color scheme. Medium blue is perfect for this, and this shows how well it can go together with orange. Again, I can take a model off my to-build list ;)

I'm personally not a fan of motorized supercar models, but that's purely personal. I don't care about the app-controller, but the performance using all those buggy motors seems great.

There's two little things I don't like though. One is that I have the idea that the rear end is a tad too large. Second is the tiny front wheels. I think using the same wheels in the front as you used in the back would have been better. It would have made the front of the car slightly larger, which would make the thing more balanced. The Tumbler tyres in the rear are a brilliant choice for this car.

1 hour ago, technic_addict said:

@Sariel Having used buggy motors and seen them used in a heavy vehicle, do you believe using four was advantageous?  It seems for the speed you were going, two may have achieved the same result.

Thanks, but two would not get me the same result. I know because I've used two in my Ford GT40 model of a very similar size and weight, and as you can see it's clearly much less agile than the Porsche is: 

As for the front tires, the real Porsche's front tires are about 10% smaller than the front ones, they are definitely not the same size and I didn't want to overlook that difference. In my model, the front tires are indeed undersized for reasons explained at my website: first, the front benders being much thicker than in the real car, which means that if I wanted to keep the proportions of the front benders intact, I had to make the front tires smaller, and second, I had limited choice of tires because I wanted a tire with rounded profile in front, not a flat-profiled one, and that has limited my options e.g. eliminating this wheel: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=44772c01

917+photoshop+61171031472.jpg

2 minutes ago, Sariel said:

Thanks, but two would not get me the same result. I know because I've used two in my Ford GT40 model of a very similar size and weight, and as you can see it's clearly much less agile than the Porsche is: 

I was comparing to the Viper which @Lox Lego did which I believe was also about 2kgs but I might be wrong.  The main difference is the weight of using the integrated RC control unit which I believe has 8 batteries compared to two buwizz.

As for your tire selection, you obviously put a lot of thought into what you wanted to achieve and it shows.  There may not be a perfect tire choice and it comes down to preference.

By the way, I really love your video meshing real footage with your build.

Lovely Model @Sariel! The shaping, proportion and color selection are tops! Video was really great, I agree with other as you've found a nice way of blending clips together that catch the eye. I was extremely surprised to 4 Buggy's! Can't wait for the next one.   

Mmmm I dig the Gulf Oil colour scheme. Very nice model. One thing I think could be improved though is the front quarter panelling - at the moment it’s quite a bit boxy while the real model is round. I assume you tried but couldn’t find any solution that kept the front both round and covered, yeah?

Like others I was very excited to see this model selected for your 2018 build list and have been following its development on your workshop videos.  Amazing moc and overall presentation.

This is one very elegant car. I think even Steve McQueen would, after seeing this model, pick up bricks and started to have fun with them. The original car is an icon, it was used - besides the movie - in all sorts of commercials and merchandising. It seems quite simple with simple lines but that is quite hard to get it right in bricks. I think you quite nailed it. The front is specially tricky since it's voluptuous. And you get straight A for presentation. Bravo!

23 minutes ago, teflon said:

This is one very elegant car. I think even Steve McQueen would, after seeing this model, pick up bricks and started to have fun with them. The original car is an icon, it was used - besides the movie - in all sorts of commercials and merchandising. It seems quite simple with simple lines but that is quite hard to get it right in bricks. I think you quite nailed it. The front is specially tricky since it's voluptuous. And you get straight A for presentation. Bravo!

Absolutely agree with you. Another great model. 4 buggy motors sure seem to do the trick. :thumbup: