Sign in to follow this  
SwissBrick

Backdrop for Lego Town layout - Experience needed

Dear Community,

once a member recommended me to put a backdrop behind my lego city photos. I believe it is a great idea.. doe anyone have experience with that?

I'd like to get a big clothed one that I could nail to a wall or shelves. Can we buy some out of the box? - Preferred solution :-)

Did you create one? How?

Many thanks in advance for your help and advice!

What I think looks best, but may not be appropriate for everyone, is a light blue paint job of the prominent wall behind your layout. That’s what I plan on doing someday....hopefully sooner rather than later. 

As for fabrics, assuming you have a textiles store, go there. Or any department store...I imagine you could find a good colored blanket or some such. 

Edited by Vindicare

Thanks for your answer @Vindicare! You would go for plain blue? Or add clouds or gradient?

Many thanks for your tips! Actually I will not be able to paint the wall, especially, I have also shelves in front of one side of the wall, so I am most probably go for fabric, that I could nail on the shelves and the wall.

I'll give it a try :-)

4 hours ago, SwissBrick said:

Btw @Vindicare here is the link to my layout, so you can get a more precise idea:

Thanks a lot for your advice!

As for clouds & such, I would leave that till I have the wall painted. I’ve seen a couple layouts with just a good solid blue, and it looks good. But I’ve also seen a few with more texture. So, personal preference I suppose. 

Your layout looks great! 

@SwissBrick

That looks pretty good, wrinkles aside! :tongue: I like it. A lighter color might be a bit more realistic, or you could try lightening it up by painting some clouds all around. 

Edited by Vindicare