Sign in to follow this  
Spader

Raxus Orsen Waythe (Varlyrio 1A)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Home.

The smell of salt water brought a strange peace to me. The sound, too, was one of peace. It was one I had not heard in years. But I was back in Varlyrio, and this time I would not allow myself a quiet exile. 

The story of my life had not been a happy one. Born the illegitimate son of a Trading Company leader who needed no scandal, I was shuffled off to live with humble folk. Lord Raxus refused my mother aid as she died, refusing to even tell me where she was buried when I finally found out the truth. With plenty of years now insulating him from the fear that any would use me or my mother against him, he had me trained in the art of single combat. He used me as a Ranger, his eyes and ears where he needed them

But I crossed a line. Succession in the Company would go to he who married his daughter, as he had no legitimate son. When I told him I would burn in the tallest towers of the Black Spire before I married a half-sister, he sent me into exile. And there I had remained. Until now. 

The Aarinstahrr, as the leader of the Black Lodge Trading Company was called, had died. And I had been summoned back. 

I felt, rather than saw the Guard behind me. 

"Well?"

"You are Raxus Orsen Waythe?"

"I am."

"Then you must come. You have been appointed Aarinstahrr." 

I smiled. It was good to be back. 

30353215988_c0eee7fa3c_b.jpg

Edited by Andrew Spader

I like the stonework of the pier! I am less sure of the loose 1x1 round tiles used for the cobblestones, or the way Orsen is standing on a layer of water that is not level with the rest, but overall I like this character introduction. I suppose the uneven layers of water could be the flowing of waves, but then I am unsure what he is standing on. But I look forward to seeing the adventures of Orsen in Varlyrio!

14 minutes ago, W Navarre said:

Cool work, looks quite swashbuckling! 

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

I like the stonework of the pier! I am less sure of the loose 1x1 round tiles used for the cobblestones, or the way Orsen is standing on a layer of water that is not level with the rest, but overall I like this character introduction. I suppose the uneven layers of water could be the flowing of waves, but then I am unsure what he is standing on. But I look forward to seeing the adventures of Orsen in Varlyrio!

I was trying to make it seem as though he was standing in shallow water, as waves went over his boots. I see your point on the cobblestone, it's the first time I've ever tried that design. Thanks so much for the feedback! 

Nice little scene.  I like your sigfig.  Like others have said the loose tiles just don't look like they fit there but good start.  

Very cool story!  I like it!  I got that your fig was supposed to be standing on the shore with the waves over him, but I'm a little confused about what I see as a docks.  Why is the dock extending out into shallow water?  Docks usually go into deep water to facilitate getting into a boat.  Or is it not a dock/pier that the guard is standing on?  In any case, welcome!

Glad to see you return for Book III :classic:
Cool minifigure combos for the guard, and the SNOT wall texture looks nice :thumbup:

A very nice introduction build, a very cool quai!

Looking forward to seeing your story develop :thumbup:

I like the idea of trade companies in Varlyrio, seems quite appropriate! Nice mixture of dark tan and light blue on the base of this one, good work!

On 8/23/2018 at 10:49 PM, zoth33 said:

Nice little scene.  I like your sigfig.  Like others have said the loose tiles just don't look like they fit there but good start.  

Duly noted

On 8/24/2018 at 12:23 AM, Grover said:

Very cool story!  I like it!  I got that your fig was supposed to be standing on the shore with the waves over him, but I'm a little confused about what I see as a docks.  Why is the dock extending out into shallow water?  Docks usually go into deep water to facilitate getting into a boat.  Or is it not a dock/pier that the guard is standing on?  In any case, welcome!

It's low tide? In any case, thank you!

On 8/26/2018 at 8:27 AM, soccerkid6 said:

Glad to see you return for Book III :classic:
Cool minifigure combos for the guard, and the SNOT wall texture looks nice :thumbup:

Thanks man!

7 hours ago, TitusV said:

A very nice introduction build, a very cool quai!

Looking forward to seeing your story develop :thumbup:

Indeed. Thanks for the support!

46 minutes ago, Basiliscus said:

I like the idea of trade companies in Varlyrio, seems quite appropriate! Nice mixture of dark tan and light blue on the base of this one, good work!

Yeah I'm really looking forward to incorporating the trading company into the larger story, and I figured Varlyrio was a great place to base a trade empire. 

Interesting backstory.  I like the idea of this bastard son coming back to take over the family that once rejected him.  The build is nice as well.  I like the SNOT techniques used for the stone, and the water is well done.

Good job!

This guy definitely seems like someone Kass D'Gatto would hang out with.

I like the wave effect, although not sure I figured that out when I saw the moc first. But I love the story to it! It´s gonna be great to follow you in Varlyrio!