Sign in to follow this  
dunamis

10192 Space Skulls Review

Dunamis, you're asking yourself why the Space Skulls wear helmets with visiors? That's a very good question! Maybe it's to make them look spacier. I can't think of any other reason. ;-)

Hmm....you mean they´re used to set the fashion on the Skellies catwalk...? :-P Or perhaps just to serve us with proper parts.... *y*

Another fine review, Dunamis. ;-)

I really love these two sets. It seems that a lot of thought was put into them - the designs are fantastic! I won't be getting them, of course (blame the budget), but if I had the money these would be a must have. Not just because they are awesome, but because I would want to help ensure that TLC continues this line and others like it. :-)

I've just go through both reviews (Star Justice and *skull*-pack) and even though almost everything was already pointed out, there are some things I just MUST say:

In general:

BOTH SETS ARE AWESOME

when I've read the very first information that new AFOL-designed, space-themed set will be released, I was more than curious how they will look like, and I have to say, that they are better than I expected :)

stickers...I know, that it is not what most of you like, but I really really enjoy the one we can find in both sets,

and I can't wait to order my own factory set with those stickers (I hope they will be available through pick-a-brick :'-) )

I like the Star Justice logo idea (beware, beware all outlaws... classic space Marshals are here !!!)

and the idea of slight sticker change for the boss :) (in both fractions)

...I can clearly remember, that long long time ago, when I had only 2 or 3 space sets (that were good old three digit CS-sets) I had the stickers with CS logos for the minifigs, I remember that there were one or two stickers more that I needed, and together with my brother, we have lots of fun to decide what to do with them :'-) ... but that's completely different story ;)

Star Justice:

It really have the 'classic space feel'. It uses nice new bricks and buildings technics, but it still looks so nice&sweet, and so playable...I'm sure I will spend some time just playing with them, like I played with my CS set years ago :)

I especially like and cant wait to 'explore unknown worlds with the Grand-Star-Justice-Explorer' (I meant the big ship, whatever it's name is)

and like I already mentioned, great SJ-logo

*skull*-pack

I have to admit, that I am not a big fan of the 3vil concept (i.e. big skull in every single ship), and I was very sceptic about that set, and I thought it won't be very good. Now I can loudly say...

..that I was very, very wrong :)

The set looks grate, and goes well with SJ. The design is full of nice ideas, and the main 3vil vehicle (this big... skullopus :/) are in my opinion much better than 3vil Death Skull (sorry Grand Admiral ;-) )

- 3vil torso :D ... I will say it once more I LIKE THE STICKERS VERY MUCH , and among them the 3vil torso's designs are the best... can't wait to order my '3vil scums minifig-pack' :D

Concluding:

Mr. Giddens, Mr. Sandlin - excellent work *y*

PS.

...yes, the price :/

the only bad thing about

sets

it is bit high, but neither designers nor we can do anything about that :(

PS2

Just as an FYI, these trans neon green 2x2 rounds are not necessary to the design of the fighter. LEGO added them so the model would pass the heat test.

yay *wacko*

the WHAT test !!! :'-(

PS3

any idea (or knowledge that you can share with us) how much the sticker sheet will cost in Factory?? (if it'll be on sale)

Edited by szww

nice reveiw, Wen I see these sets and dont think on 3vil, I imagine

Alpha Team bad guys from the 24th century(or space skulls or 3vil)

Hope I can buy it soon

Nice review, I really hope to get my hands on one too anytime in the future.

Great stuff. My favourite is the Skull interceptor, as you named it. Thanks for the great review *sweet*

Wow. Its been nearly a year since there was a post in this thread. But anyway, if you haven't noticed, this set is on S@H for $19.98! Thats 80% off!

Where I'm getting with this, do you think its worth ordering? I'm kinda on the fence...

Do you think its worth ordering? I'm kinda on the fence...

Me too. Even though I really like 3vil, I wasn't very interested in this set when it came out. This was mostly due to the hefty price tag, though. But now that it's %80 off, I think I will get it. Undead are always cool, and this is undead in space! What could possibly be better! :tongue: And even if you don't like the set, you can just get it for parts and make your own 3vil creation(s) with them. Twenty bucks for nearly a thousand pieces is a really good deal after all! If you don't like the set OR its pieces, you can just buy it and then resell it for a higher price. :wink: Getting this set for that price is a win either way. :thumbup:

you get ~950 pieces for 19.99 $/€

even, if you don't build the set, the pieces are worth the money.

I'm not totally convinced this set is good but for this price...

20 dollars is a steal for this. Its a shame as I dont really like the set and it doesnt have many good parts.

wow, this set is surprisingly better than i thought, i shoulve gotten this when it was 1/2 price on S@H :hmpf_bad:

EDIT: never mind its still on salehere

Edited by prateek

Ah, I wish I could get this while its on sale, but I probably won't.

Reasons:

1. I need to save all my "LEGO set money" for most of the new Star Wars stuff, and I don't want to spend over $300-$400 for 2009 (in 2008 I only spent around $70 on LEGO :grin: ).

2. I can't buy online.

3. I won't ask my mom to go the LEGO Store in Valley Fair just to get a $20 set (even if it's only $0.02 per piece). The cost to drive there and back is already around $5...

This is a very good deal, and I wish I could get it. I probably have less than 2000 pieces in my LEGO collection, so getting this would be a great parts pack (though I would probably just keep it built).

By the way all the prices I used above are in USD.

Edited by ILikePi

Thanks again! I don't think I will get this set, as it is costly, and I would rather have the classic space set.

THIS SET IS DOWN TO $19.99 on lego website. bscd29 will take $5 off.

Have fun!

Thanks for the heads up Darthperson :classic: I just ordered mine :cry_happy: Tears of JOY

Edited by MarcusV3

Thanks for the heads up Darthperson :classic: I just ordered mine :cry_happy: Tears of JOY

Just ordered it from lego.com earlier today, i wish i had the "bscd29" code because it would have helped :(, its alright.

Space Skulls SOLD OUT on Lego.COM haha that's awesome.

Edited by k_peek_2000