Sign in to follow this  
Creativebrick Studio 117

[MOC] Savoye International Airport

Hi Guys,  I wanted to share an airport MOC I made back in 2016.  I joined this site a couple weeks ago, and slowly getting to posting some of my latest projects.  I've been reading the posting guidelines on this site and hope I am doing this right! (If doing something wrong let me know).

I decided I wanted to build an Airport MOC after traveling that year and getting to see a few airports that inspired me. I also noticed there is a lacking of LEGO airport MOCs in general.

There are approx. 40,000+ LEGO pieces used in this airpot MOC. It was displayed in Las Vegas convention center at the Brickfest Live in September 2016 for the 2-day event as part of my LUG. The MOC was named after the famous Villa Savoye in Pairs, France.

img_2202.jpg

img_2224.jpg

These were the earlier stages of the project.  I was still doing much trial and error, but was starting to get some of the design I wanted for the airport.

A few weeks later finally the project was completed.

img_2318.jpg

img_2459.jpg

img_2759.jpg

img_2644.jpg

img_2817.jpg

Let me know what you guys think?

If you would like to see more pics they are available on my brickshelf account or my signature:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=574860

Nice looking airport!! I like all the transparent parts you've used - gives it a nice airy feel. I also like the brick built road and runway although they do seem a bit close together but I guess that's due to the space limitation. The bridge to get to the aircraft and the monorail are also nice touches. 

Excellent work!

Thanks guys!

I was very limited to space back then with just the one 6 Ft table.  I have more tables now, and am actually in the process of starting a new project maybe a larger airport or something else not sure yet. One thing I would like to have done is complete a whole monorail transport system. The MOC will always feel incomplete to me in a way cause of that.

looking good ;)  hard work to make airport . Many  have problem with space to make it ;) hope to see new update soon ;)