Iperial_Fleet_Commander

C-9979 Landing Craft

I like the suggestion of the door opening and the overall shape, though I think the ends of the wingtips would benefit from more roundness. Also I would 100% try to avoid the 'illegal' or rather partial connection of the binocular pieces on the 2x2 jumpers. Just use 1x2 jumper and 1x2 place beneath and let the binoculars overhang to the front :) Would look good and would be correct.

EDIT: the micro AATs are cool :D one piece but its beyond doubt what it is. Also I wouldn't fear of breaking the colorscheme a bit. having it uniform brown, though maybe most accurate when it comes to averaged color coverage on the real prop, makes for rather plain look. On scaled down models its sometimes beneficial to magnify some little color features just to bring the diversity to the surfaces.

Edited by krisandkris12

1 hour ago, krisandkris12 said:

I like the suggestion of the door opening and the overall shape, though I think the ends of the wingtips would benefit from more roundness. Also I would 100% try to avoid the 'illegal' or rather partial connection of the binocular pieces on the 2x2 jumpers. Just use 1x2 jumper and 1x2 place beneath and let the binoculars overhang to the front :) Would look good and would be correct.

Thank you! I might round the wings, but this was just built with pieces I already had. And I tried the 1x1 under it, but it poked up too much for my liking. 

1 hour ago, krisandkris12 said:

EDIT: the micro AATs are cool :D one piece but its beyond doubt what it is. Also I wouldn't fear of breaking the colorscheme a bit. having it uniform brown, though maybe most accurate when it comes to averaged color coverage on the real prop, makes for rather plain look. On scaled down models its sometimes beneficial to magnify some little color features just to bring the diversity to the surfaces.

Yeah, the AATs are technically too big, but I wanted to represent them here. And when I eventually order pieces, I'll probably get some old brown pieces to mix in with the reddish brown.

^ I agree that 1x1 under the binoculars make them stick out too much. Thats why I suggested the 1x2 jumper instead, so sou can bring them uo to the front edge and let the wider front of the lenses have room to overhang.

Nice! I really like the opening doors, but the colour scheme looks a bit odd to me. Is that how it is in the movie?

12 hours ago, JarJarBonks said:

Nice! I really like the opening doors, but the colour scheme looks a bit odd to me. Is that how it is in the movie?

I think it's more tan in Episode 1, but I had more brown than tan, and the lego tan is too light for my liking.

^ I personally kinda like brown, but as I said before, it needs to be broken down a bit with some accents. Even if the real thing doesn't really feature some evident color features. On another thought, tan works really nice with dark tan accents and it gives reasonably accurate look, plus there is a nice contrast between tan craft and brown MTTs coming out of it! :D