czbotond

[MOC]Vader's Castle on Mustafar from Rogue One

Hi everybody! Together with my son we built our version of Vader's castle on Mustafar from R1. We tried to make it UCS style complete with a micro build, UCS style sticker and a booklet. The base (the lava field) is 96x96 studs; the total height is approx 125cm. It includes six minifigs: two imperial guards, Vaane - Vader's servant, Krennic, and two versions of Vader - one in armor, and one in the bacta tank. For the bacta tank version we used the torso from the collectible minifig gargoyle. We built it last autumn, but worked on it since; and now got around to take some decentish photos. Hope you'll like it.

Here's the link to the flickr album

https://www.flickr.com/photos/152265303@N06/albums/72157700068239294

Quite impressive! I like that its scaled to be able to land the micro Krenic shuttle. The bacta Vader is excellent as well. Btw curiosity won't let me pass the question what is in the cool looking booklet?

1 hour ago, krisandkris12 said:

Quite impressive! I like that its scaled to be able to land the micro Krenic shuttle. The bacta Vader is excellent as well. Btw curiosity won't let me pass the question what is in the cool looking booklet?

Thank you! We're glad that people like it. The scale of the castle went through several iterations in the planning phase - our main concern was to get the proportions right between the sloping top half and the rest (actually we designed it from top to bottom); the one we finally chose made it possible for the micro shuttle to be included (well, its way larger compared to the landing pad than in the movie; but still, it's there).

The booklet is a recent addition; last place we exhibited the castle, we weren't sure if ppl were familiar with the movie or not, so I threw together the booklet: it has the same text as the UCS sticker; a few concept arts, WIPs, and behind the scenes from the movie; several movie stills and last but not least a side-by-side comparison of the movie stills with the corresponding details from the MOC (it beat having the scene play on loop from youtube on a tablet).

When I first clicked the link i saw the small one and I was like huh, but then I was astonished to see the much larger version. Fantastic job!

2 hours ago, krisandkris12 said:

^Thats cool. Nice work!

Thank you!

2 hours ago, JarJarBonks said:

When I first clicked the link i saw the small one and I was like huh, but then I was astonished to see the much larger version. Fantastic job!

Thank you! Yeah, I should have organized differently the album; at the moment the more epic pics are at the end.