2 hours ago, Tommy Styrvoky said:

How well does the neutral steering work, as it should allow for more gradual turns.

The neutral is very difficult to use as I use 2 sliders to control the clutches left and right. so it is more like a hit and miss with this. below is an image of the control interface.

left & right 2 sliders are canons, the sliders worked better than the joystick control; now you can control it a bit better, with the joystick it went everywhere.

Central slider is forward & backward control of the XL motors & the sliders next to it are the clutches.

5ydN7rU.png

below you can find 2 small video's on the controls for the tank & the turrets. The videos are a bit rudimentary, just to give you a quick vieuw on how it works.

The tank is nearly finished, I just redesigned the sponsons and am now waiting for the last pieces to finish it.

The finish line is in sight!!!

The MOC is nearly finished, the semaphores & door needs to be made and mounted. I am at the moment designing some stickers and trying to find a fun way to showcase this model.

NtBkYv5.jpg?1

qjffVpU.jpg?1

I would like to know what you guys think of this model so please leave a comment, it would be greatly appreciated :thumbup:

As i'm finishing the tank up cosmeticaly, the technical part is giving me headaches. The drive system is connected to the wrong drive gear (because there is no space) and thus keeps breaking toothed gears. so what are we gonna do? indeed take it all apart and start redesigning it *huh* 

I am also thinking about making an other version, no rc controls but with a lot of detail on the inside & easy way to take of the top of the tank, what do you think?

Below some pictures and a 360° view of how it looks now, you can visit my Flickr page if you want to see more photo's & videos. 

if883e4.jpg?3

avwrZkW.jpg?1

gyB00Q7.jpg?2

tzTczjS.jpg?2

Edited by Stimy

I following this for a while and looks great. Specially when you look at the photo you post in the beginning, the shape, the form, nice work. For some reason it reminds me to those tanks of Warhammer. Guess they are inspired by those.

ps. Where do you get this turningtable from? Great way to show your model indeed.

4 hours ago, Tommy Styrvoky said:

Which set of gears are grinding? As it has to be in the final drives, as the clutch system was rather robust when it was designed.

Hey Tommy, the second gear coming out of the xl motor broke, but I think that was due to age (they were a bit yellow too). the main issue is that when it try to turn, the gear slips over the tracks and doesn't get any traction. maybe some some plasti dip will help on the gear but I think it's better to reposition the drive to the rear gear (as in the real steel version), going to try tomorrow to figure this thing out.

1 hour ago, neonic said:

I following this for a while and looks great. Specially when you look at the photo you post in the beginning, the shape, the form, nice work. For some reason it reminds me to those tanks of Warhammer. Guess they are inspired by those.

ps. Where do you get this turningtable from? Great way to show your model indeed.

Thanks Neonic, the turntable is one for scale models. You can find these online under "scale model  rotating display stand" on google.