Sign in to follow this  
narbilu

Khaor Guard Tower [Varlyrio, HSS]

Khaor guard tower

30323339688_2c80b8c0d1.jpg 44142242342_792804378e.jpg 

Briefly after the successes of the Khaor family in Kashgar, the usual suspects came lurking around the corner. Thieves, smugglers and even murderers. The Khaor hired a group of soldiers to insure their personal safety.

In the midst of town a high tower oversees the traffic and guards the business and the family of Khaor. The personal guard of the Khaor distinguish themselves by the high quality dragon scale armor and their versatile range of weaponry they carry. Led by commander and chief Yorth, these guards are top of the bill.

Spoiler

44142242092_186749f31a.jpg

Spoiler

WIP: Khasgar - Varlyrio

44142243002_18988944d5.jpg

HSS: REQ Military, Guard Tower

Edited by narbilu

I like how this tower matches the style of the leather workshop. They look great together in the WIP. I do question how effective having the guards on the other side of a canal is, unless there is a bridge still to come to allow the troops to cross quickly to defend the Khaors. The arrowslit looks great, and the various architectural details up top are nice too. 

My comment on the leather workshop about angle of photography applies here, too. I don't like looking down on LEGO builds like that. 

Nicely done!  I'm liking your Varlyrian style here, and the inclusion of interiors all the way up makes me happy as well :laugh:  I do agree with HQ on the photos' angle, though - as a general rule, shooting from the ground level, or possibly somewhere between there and the middle, works the best aesthetically, I find.  

Great to see the idea running thruogh more mocs here! Hope to see a big city layout! :drool:

1 hour ago, de Gothia said:

Great to see the idea running thruogh more mocs here! Hope to see a big city layout! :drool:

Check my hidden content for the progress of Kashgar (my city layout)

Very nice architecture and detailing--particularly, I like the tile floors that you're incorporating in this series. :thumbup:

If I could complain about the presentation for a moment though....  I feel like some illusion of water would make quite an improvement, even if it's the silly pile o' trans-blue 1x1s.

Lovely pattern at the corners :wub: The architecture looks very elegant which fits well for Varlyrio :thumbup:
I do wonder if it might look better to have the first story have more substantial walls or pillar setup. The open arched look is neat, but makes the tower look a bit top heavy with the mostly solid second and third levels.

Great to see you fitting interiors in, and I always enjoy seeing owls or other birds added - especially for Varlyrio where I imagine there would be lots of pigeons, gulls, and the like.

Probably the best of your Varlyrian builds so far, I love the shape of the building and the color use :thumbup:

Another nice, clean Varlyrian build.  It looks like it could be an official Lego set with the way it is made.  I really like how the sets go together. :-)

The bottom feels a touch plain, but the stonework on floors 2 & 3 is very satisfying. 

Very nice looking tower and cool figs! I like that you made it so that you can put all the mocs together. The water is too busy for my liking though, some tiles on that would make it better.

A sweet build for sure! Loving the d m flesh-and-l bley combo!

I'm looking forward to seeing that city completed (though to be honest, I feel like the build is better presented on a black border) :moar: 

Lastly: thumbups for showing the backside and, more important, adding interiors :thumbup: 

This is an interesting design for a tower.  The open ground level is really cool.  I also like all of the minifigures on display here.  The jail cell is nice, and quite fitting.

Nice job!