Sign in to follow this  
AE bricks

[MOD/MOC] 60197 Train

@BrickMusher posted a nice MOC with the 60198 color scheme in his "roundnoses" topic today. So time to show selfmade modifications or mocs on the 60197 passenger train aswell. Here's my very easy version of an end wagon. I sacrificed the "café car" to get the trans-black window parts fast and only had to add 2 light bluish grey 1x4 plates from my own storage to build this one. Call it simple, call it not the first nor the last attempt, yet i haven't seen any posts on a similar topic here recently...

20180819_20110520180819_200543

Greets AE

It’s a nice MOC - simple, yet effective and helps to “complete” the train. I like it. ?

Nice and simple. I plan to do something similar. Thanks for showing me. Saves me some time.

And I will probably use 28 stud train plates instead of the 24. That will need some more parts, but shouldn't be too difficult. 

Here is my version of 60167 using part of the buffet coach and a few spare bricks. The photo is not very clear - from the rear there is a 1x1 'blue' brick, 2x2 window, 1x2 'blue' brick and buffet sticker, three 2x2 windows, etc... 

my_60197.jpg

42 minutes ago, Dav1d said:

Here is my version of 60197 using part of the buffet coach and a few spare bricks. 

Nice one :wink:

Did you use an extra motor or is it a nonmotorised bogie with the decorative sides to look exactly like it?

22 hours ago, AE bricks said:

Did you use an extra motor or is it a nonmotorised bogie with the decorative sides to look exactly like it?

I am still using the 9V system, so one end carriage will have a 9V motor and the other (shown) has a brick built bogie using the original wheels and decorative sides. I will probably extend the centre carriage to be 28 rather than 24 studs long (as the centre carriage(s) look too short in comparison to the ends.      

Here is my completed version of 60197 - with windows in the first and last carriage and a longer middle carriage. It has a 9V motor but is shown on plastic track.

My 60197.JPG

23 hours ago, Dav1d said:

Here is my completed version of 60197

Very nice, the symmetrical look on both ends works really well :thumbup:

I'm working on a double-deck car with panorama roof. Just need a few more pieces from BL so I hope to share a few photos soon :classic:

Finally got my panorama bi-level or double-decker car ready, so here it is ...

20180925_223028

More photos in this spoiler:

Spoiler

It has easy access to both floors like a modular building.

20180925_223613

20180925_223159

Feedback is welcome :classic:

Credit to all members who contributed in similar posts back in the days of 60051. I tried to combine their ideas into  a "best of breed" in the 60197 color scheme.

Edited by AE bricks
Typos