Sign in to follow this  
Geertos13

Harry Potter - The Mirror of Erised (Stop Motion)

Hello Everyone, 

Here I am, once again, and yet with another LEGO Harry Potter stop motion adventure :grin: The new figures being so spectacular, I just couldn't let them sit in my collection. I just had to use them!

This time, Harry discovers the delights and dangers of the Mirror of Erised in full lego style! For this video I got help from the amazingly talented lego3x11l, who's custom minifigure designs are absolutely terrific! In this case, he designed the additional artwork that appears in the Mirror of Erised. And if you've ever wondered what Dumbledore saw in the Mirror of Erised, so did we! You can find it out below! 

Also, for this particular video, I got the exceptional help of British voice actor Gary Fairhall, who some of you might know as the narrator (and voice of Ollivander) in the original Potter video games. He very kindly agreed to put his wizard's robes back on, and provide the voice work for Albus Dumbledore. 

Subtitles are available in English, French, German, Dutch (and Italian coming soon), this is Eurobricks after all ! :tongue:

C&C are always appreciated! Enjoy the show ;) 

Geertos13 signing out!

Edited by Geertos13

Holy schmokes. That was phenominal! What program did you use for the mouths and eyes? And how long did this take to animate?

Ron saw himself as an only child?

So, his deepest, most desperate desire was that his siblings had never been born?

That is dark.....

You know, for kids!

-------------------------

But your video is truly a masterpiece!

Great effects. The whole thing is stunning! 

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments! :)

6 hours ago, BaneShake said:

Holy schmokes. That was phenominal! What program did you use for the mouths and eyes? And how long did this take to animate?

I used After Effects for the Dumbledore's beard animation, using the Liquify tools.Harry's mouth was done on Photoshop however, simply drawing a black mask over the mouth most of the time. This video was made in three weeks on non stop working. I used my summer hollidays to get back to business and work on it almost everyday for several hours.

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Ron saw himself as an only child?

So, his deepest, most desperate desire was that his siblings had never been born?

That is dark.....

You know, for kids!

-------------------------

But your video is truly a masterpiece!

Great effects. The whole thing is stunning! 

Thanks for the praise!

I never read Ron seeing him alone as wishing his siblings were dead, or never born though. Interesting interpretation! The mirror very rarely shows people their loved ones, (it just happens to do so for Harry and Dumbledore) Ron simply dreams of holding the Quidditch cup, being a prefect, in other words, he dreams of success, he who always felt overshadowed, dreams of achieving something for himself, being recognized as a unique person, which isn't quite the same. Your reading still works, but that would indeed be some dark shit though :grin: