Sign in to follow this  
Mesabi

[COR-FB1] The Reckoning: Chapter 3: A Busy Day in Belson

Type: Large Artisan

Previous Chapters

43207296385_a2143749d0_z.jpgBelson by North White, on Flickr

It was a busy day in Belson. A Streetcar rumbled across the elevated rail bridge, past an ad for Canned Horse Meat. 

43395474584_829923d16f_z.jpgBelson by North White, on Flickr

The streets were choked with people, going to and from work, and carriages taking people to where they needed to be.

42304978390_2254b15bbe_z.jpgBelson by North White, on Flickr

A Military Convoy sent supplies to the docks, heavily guarded by the proud Corrish Marines.

43395474974_1a447a1d68_z.jpgBelson by North White, on Flickr

Dr. Edmund Vesper walked towards the small yellow tavern, where his quarry lay. He passed a small child selling newspapers.

29176402957_7ed87ab7d8_z.jpgBelson by North White, on Flickr

"Quincy Samuel." Said Vesper punctually. "What Floor?"

"3." Said the Barkeep, going back to his business. 

29176402957_7ed87ab7d8_z.jpgBelson by North White, on Flickr

Dr. Vesper climbed the stairs, past a pool table where off duty workers raucously played. 

42304977500_36ddbbc78e_z.jpgBelson by North White, on Flickr

There stood Quincy, blissfully ignorant. 

42304977530_5177763dd1_z.jpgBelson by North White, on Flickr

"Odell Kirk. Where is he?" Yelled Vesper

"What?!? Who are you!" Asked Quincy in a panic.

29176401547_9f64b45d7a_z.jpgBelson by North White, on Flickr

Dr. Vesper punched Quincy. Hard. He fell down. 

"Your his secretary. Where is he?!?" Repeated Dr. Vesper

"He's in Namere! Visiting Da Bricki!" 

FIN

Thanks for viewing my build! I really enjoyed building this one, and I hope it is still "BoBS like" enough for everyone. This was a major reason I asked about Sailpunk, as this build is much more 'sailpunk' than historical. The elements, however, are historically accurate, as far as I can tell. C&C appreciated!

Extra Shots:

43207295555_c3db2f4659_z.jpgBelson by North White, on Flickr

Cheese Store in the other building. Ran by an Oleander of course.  :pir-tongue:

44065228082_d4482f8d1f_z.jpgBelson by North White, on Flickr

The Entire Build

42304978450_e096167897_z.jpgBelson by North White, on Flickr

Another Angle

Edited by Mesabi

good build, nice story.

I think the build represents Belson very well, at least how I imagine our capital.

22 hours ago, Brickwolf said:

good build, nice story.

I think the build represents Belson very well, at least how I imagine our capital.

Thank you! I do think it looks a little more late 1800s, than early 1800s, but I imagine Belson to be slightly more advanced than most capitals, and thusly more industrious. 

It is a nice scene of Belson, not really my style (I like the classic pirate vibe), but the surprise is welcome :laugh:

5 hours ago, Fraunces said:

It is a nice scene of Belson, not really my style (I like the classic pirate vibe), but the surprise is welcome :laugh:

Thank you! Yeah, this really is different from Classic Pirates here, but one could make the argument it fits into the PoTC London Escape. So, not really classic Pirates, but Piratey in some sense. Kinda. :pir-laugh:

A nice looking layout Mesabi! I really like the shaping of the yellow building. In the real world, Europe would have been much more built up, then say the Caribbean or the Bahamas, so I think it works pretty well. 

Clever depiction of a busy city! As you said, it seems a little more modern than other cities but, beeing the capital city of the most "advanced" country it makes completely sense! I like your depiction of coaches, both on the rail and on road, and your buildings, with a little more modern feel than those  seen in large colonial settlements (Mesabi Landing or Breshaun). Well done!

On 8/20/2018 at 6:19 AM, LM71Blackbird said:

A nice looking layout Mesabi! I really like the shaping of the yellow building. In the real world, Europe would have been much more built up, then say the Caribbean or the Bahamas, so I think it works pretty well. 

Thanks Blackbird! I worked hard to make that one look like some pictures of what historical buildings looked like in London.

On 8/20/2018 at 9:41 AM, Keymonus said:

Clever depiction of a busy city! As you said, it seems a little more modern than other cities but, beeing the capital city of the most "advanced" country it makes completely sense! I like your depiction of coaches, both on the rail and on road, and your buildings, with a little more modern feel than those  seen in large colonial settlements (Mesabi Landing or Breshaun). Well done!

Thanks Keymonus! I really enjoyed putting the Coaches together. One of them is from the PoTC London Escape set, but the other two are my own design. 

@Bregir, how do I license this, as it's in the old world. Do I put Belson, or Corrington? If I put Belson, I know it will bump up the trade value for the city, but I don't know if that's allowed. Thanks!

A little late to the party, but this has to probably be my favourite build of yours yet Mesabi, great work. I especially like the yellow building and the bridge for the tram. Great work.