Hello all!  I haven't posted here in awhile, been busy with RL stuff and such, but here is my latest build! 

43063365835_2dd541863f_c.jpghttp://www.flickr.com/photos/95309146@N06/43063365835/in/dateposted/

The 1930 Rolls Royce Condor AV;  The Armoured car for the discerning Gentleman
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Adventuring to the wilds of Africa? Trying to get to your next rally without being assassinated? Hunting lost Spanish treasures in Mesoamerica?  Passing through the riot-torn streets of the Weimar Republic? Searching for ancient artifacts among the dunes of Egypt?
Than the Condor is the vehicle for you!  
 Equipped with our vaunted V-8, The Condor features a reinforced cabin, with four inch armour-plating all around, custom steel bumpers, strengthened wheel-rims, and a one-man turret, all on our supremely popular Condor limousine chassis!
Boasting a 360 degree field of fire, the cabin turret has two inches of steel armour, a gunner's hatch, and is equipped with a Browning .50 caliber machine gun.
Best of all, the Condor still seats four, just like the base model!
If you need to be protected while on the move, but still want to catch the eye, then this vehicle is for you!*

*(Available only at select Rolls Royce dealers)

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
So, I have no idea how this came to be.  I guess you can blame ZZ Top, since I was listening to Sharp Dressed Man, and thought, 'man, one of those fancy 20s cars would look so cool with a turret on top, drifting around a corner while shooting.'
Fast forward an hour and I have this in front of me. Go figure.
I am pretty happy with how the bodywork came out though, the fenders and hood really seemed to flow nicely together.  At some point the Condor will be featured in a Johnny Thunder MOC, as Lord Sam Sinister's car.
Anyway, hope you all like it!

Oh, and yes, I stickered one of those rare folding windshields. >:D

Edited by Sci-FiFleetAdmiral

Turned out really well for a quick throw together idea. I like the bulky look of the armour plating and front wheels that actually turn is a real bonus. 

Oh, nice way to get running boards and wheel arches in. 

I love the ideas that just arrive and can be banged out in a few hours! Hope you have a few more :laugh:

On 8/18/2018 at 3:48 PM, Johnny1360 said:

Turned out really well for a quick throw together idea. I like the bulky look of the armour plating and front wheels that actually turn is a real bonus. 

Thanks! I have been working on a steering system for six stud wide cars for awhile now, and recently perfected it.  Glad you like it! :classic:

On 8/19/2018 at 3:32 AM, Peppermint_M said:

Oh, nice way to get running boards and wheel arches in. 

I love the ideas that just arrive and can be banged out in a few hours! Hope you have a few more :laugh:

Thank you Peppermint_M!  I'm happy you like it, the wheel arches were honestly the hardest part, since they had to be wide enough to allow the steering to work, while not looking absurdly open.

So do I!  It's a lot of fun to just transfer this sudden thought into a model and have it turn out exactly how you imagined it! 

On 8/19/2018 at 5:45 PM, Space Police XVIII said:

Classy armored car, that's not what I expected.  Great build.  And the background also.

Thanks SP!  Glad you liked it!  

The background was literally just an afterthought for the photo, so I'm really glad it turned out and people like it! :sweet:

On 8/19/2018 at 6:04 PM, Gary The Procrastinator said:

Very cool, original idea, and well-executed. :thumbup:  I hear Lord Sam Sinister is planning on placing an order :laugh:

Thanks GTP! :thumbup: 

He sure is, not that it'll do him any good against the Thunder! :grin:

On 8/21/2018 at 5:36 PM, JarJarBonks said:

nice, do the doors open?

Thanks JJB!  

Yes they do, I just thought the display looked better with them closed.

On 8/24/2018 at 7:27 PM, Laura Takayama said:

I really like this vehicle, especially since it even looks like a fancier, civilian version of the actual Rolls-Royce Armoured Cars used during WWI & WWII.  (Which I am familiar with due to playing entirely too much Battlefield 1....)

Thank you Laura! I'm glad you like it. 

LOL! :grin: The real Rolls armored car was indeed where I drew some of the body style and turret design from, along with civilian Rolls from the time-period. 

Edited by Sci-FiFleetAdmiral