Anonknee Muss

Speed Champions 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

4 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

They will. Starting with number 75890.

Oooh, really?! :oh3: Do you at least know how many sets there will be, or is this the only number we have so far? 

4 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Oooh, really?! :oh3: Do you at least know how many sets there will be, or is this the only number we have so far? 

I have only first three set numbers. Obviously there should be more sets.

5 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

I have only first three set numbers. Obviously there should be more sets.

Only numbers so far and no individual names of course, right? :shrug_confused:

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Only numbers so far and no individual names of course, right? :shrug_confused:

Right.

I predict 5 small sets, 1 medium set and 1 large set. Very much looking forward to this next season as they will be available at Target so I will actually be able to get them at a more economical price. Unlike TRU where sale price equals TLG regular price. 

31 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

I predict 5 small sets, 1 medium set and 1 large set. Very much looking forward to this next season as they will be available at Target so I will actually be able to get them at a more economical price. Unlike TRU where sale price equals TLG regular price. 

My guess is 4 small sets, 1 medium, 1 large. We’ve never had more than 4 small sets.

Next year two of the sets we will be getting will be a Dodge double set old and new. Mini double set old and new rally with garage  :)

Edited by AllanSmith

19 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Perhaps it may be too late in the game for 2019, but I wonder if this newly unveiled hypercar from Bugatti is on the cards for the near future, presuming as always if Speed Champions will continue on past next year:

The Drive - The 1,478-Horsepower Bugatti Divo Costs $5.8 Million 

Doubt it, that thing is basically a chiron in a tracksuit, a more extreme take on the veyron SS

Based on the fact that the DB5 turned out to be more of a collaboration than a licensing deal (Aston is building a bunch of Bond cars for real), I'm betting on at least one Aston Martin set, hopefully a Valkyrie. They could also leverage their sponsorship to get a Red Bull F1 car to go with our Mercs and Ferraris.

A McLaren Speedtail released in the same way as the 720S set would make my life.

Beyond that I'm crossing my fingers for a C8 mid-engined "Zora" Corvette and that they worked out a licensing deal with Toyota's Gazoo division to get us a Supra and a TS050.

Edited by OpenBagTwo
Typo

I think in 2019 - we will see first of all: 

Toyota - single LeMans winner car,

single Astion Martin (because they have db5)

single Ferrari, (because it's Ferrari)

2 cars set with mercedes benz (old 300sl or silver arrow, they prolong with history of this brand)

And my main bet - on BMW Alpina line! Because it's very good opportunity to make good looking cars with famous colour scheme.), so it will be big pack with BMW garage (oldschool alpina, BMW M1 and latest race M8). 

I think, we will not see a Ford and Bugatti. Ford - was presented very wide, Bugatti - hasn't famous cars no longer with sport story. (type 35  - can't be like a separate set )

On 8/25/2018 at 1:21 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Perhaps it may be too late in the game for 2019, but I wonder if this newly unveiled hypercar from Bugatti is on the cards for the near future, presuming as always if Speed Champions will continue on past next year:

The Drive - The 1,478-Horsepower Bugatti Divo Costs $5.8 Million 

*insert image here*

Last year Lego revealed a set under 24 hours after the car it was based off of was revealed I would say it isn’t too late!

We are getting three individual cars at $14.99 US each; those three are 75890, 75891, and 75892.

One more kit will include multiple cars at $29.99 US; that particular one is 75893. Finally, a single set at around $49.99 is 75894. I don't know if we're receiving any additional sets, but that might not be our entire list for the Winter.

Edited by Azani

Gosh I really hope not, unless they have another wave later. Just seems like such a small offering. I do so like the SC sets, such fun little cheap builds and plenty of stickers. 

4 hours ago, Azani said:

We are getting three individual cars at $14.99 US each; those three are 75890, 75891, and 75892.

One more kit will include multiple cars at $29.99 US; that particular one is 75893. Finally, a single set at around $49.99 is 75954. I don't know if we're receiving any additional sets, but that might not be our entire list for the Winter.

Only five sets? Come on, Lego. Don't discontinue this theme yet!

Also, 75954 is the new Hogwarts Great Hall.

Edited by RacerRabbit

20 hours ago, RacerRabbit said:

Only five sets? Come on, Lego. Don't discontinue this theme yet!

Also, 75954 is the new Hogwarts Great Hall.

You're on point with that one; thank you for catching the numbering inconsistency there. In said case, I'd made a quick error; that said, this case is pretty atypical. :P I appreciate it; as it runs, I have since edited the post in question.

Edited by Azani

Sounds like they're reserving one single-car set for an off-season release. Come on Speedtail... 

Edit: I guess not if those set numbers are correct--the 720S fell into a reserved spot between the 2017 single-car sets and the more expensive ones. :-(

Edited by OpenBagTwo

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say that one of the small sets could be the Mercedes-Benz Project One, but I could see it being the focus of the $49.99 set as well. 

For the $29.99 double set, we’ve gotten an iconic classic in all of them, so I’m gonna guess...

1. C2 and C8 Corvette. Probably not but the C2 or early C3 fits.

2. DB4 GT/DB5 and a modern race car. Not sure which modern car could be included.

3. M1 or M1 Procar and M8 GTE. I think LEGO might have this license given that technic motorcycle and the Mini Cooper set. Probably less likely than the Vette one, though.

4. Either Dino 206 GT or Ferrari 308 GTB and Ferrari 488 Pista. The 206 started Ferrari’s mid-engined, V6/V8 powered line, but if I had to pick, I’d think the 308 would be more likely. 

5. Ferrari 500 Superfast and Ferrari 812 Superfast. I don’t know how well known the former is. 

Could the Renolt rally car that was in LEGO ideas be a possible addition? Not officially speed champions but perhaps using a slot as next years LEGO car offerings?

its a stretch, but it is the same scale and theme...

On 8/26/2018 at 7:59 AM, OpenBagTwo said:

Beyond that I'm crossing my fingers for a C8 mid-engined "Zora" Corvette and that they worked out a licensing deal with Toyota's Gazoo division to get us a Supra and a TS050.

By the time it finally rolls out, I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing the mid-engined C8 done for Speed Champions. :smug:

2 hours ago, Lawndart said:

Could the Renolt rally car that was in LEGO ideas be a possible addition? Not officially speed champions but perhaps using a slot as next years LEGO car offerings?

If anything, that Ideas project will most likely be rejected for conflicting with a preexisting theme, so... :sceptic:

13 hours ago, Lawndart said:

That was a peugeot, but i doubt it, there are far more iconic rally cars then the 205, and the clash with Ideas puts them in a tight spot if they wanted to do that

Personally i'd expect a 4th car later in the year a-la 720s if we only get three cars now (although id be disappointed with another mclaren)

And im happy about two medium priced sets rather then one medium and one high, ive always skipped the high price sets, but €40-50 for two cars is fair game to me, so that means more sets in my ballpark

There’s no gap between this year’s and next year’s set numbers to allow for a fourth single car set.

Unless 75895 is the fourth single car set which is not what Lego did last year, they allowed for a space. Only time will tell now.