Anonknee Muss

Speed Champions 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

11 hours ago, ER0L said:

If they're willing to modify their range of widths to get a more realistic ratio between vehicles (and a much more realistic look of the cars themselves, take a look at the Mini Cooper which is by far the most realistic SC model to date in my opinion) - why don't they do the same thing in the other direction and widen larger cars like a Charger? 

I too think that going 7w for widebody cars would be a welcome innovation, but I want to make the point that the Mini Cooper just does not work at 6w. @hachiroku, I'm thinking specifically of your SC-scale "Mini"--it's a brilliant and beautiful MOC--I loved building it, and my family love playing with it--but it looks and feels more like a Countryman. 

3 hours ago, OpenBagTwo said:

I too think that going 7w for widebody cars would be a welcome innovation, but I want to make the point that the Mini Cooper just does not work at 6w. @hachiroku, I'm thinking specifically of your SC-scale "Mini"--it's a brilliant and beautiful MOC--I loved building it, and my family love playing with it--but it looks and feels more like a Countryman. 

I know, it's too big and the wheels are a little very disproportionate but I wanted to use that specific way to make the front grille, that shape for the rear part, etc and 6 studs wide seemed the best choice.

Edited by hachiroku

Perhaps it’s merely wishful thinking, but given that the 2019 sets were revealed in November along with the usual December/January releases, maybe there’s a second wave coming? It’s probably unlikely, but the reveals alongside all the usual main themes could mean that it’s now being treated in a similar fashion, and since all of those themes always gets a second wave, maybe 2019 will be the year they try it with Speed Champions. I hope that made sense lol.

In any case, I think this wave is actually a good indication that the theme is continuing. We have our first 80s/90s era supercar in the form of the F40, NASCAR could open the door to some vintage stock cars, the Dodge license means FCA, and they have the BMW license. Mini is owned by BMW, and we have seen BMW before in Technic. Furthermore, if we got one 80s/90s supercar, we could get more, and they have the licenses to do so. Think McLaren F1, Porsche 959, etc.    Even though the Peugeot rally car on Ideas wasn’t approved, perhaps LEGO took notice. They do have the Audi license, and I’m sure they could get Lancia too.

So, even if we don’t see another wave for 2019, I think this theme will continue. They’re putting a lot into this wave, so I don’t see it going anywhere anytime soon.

9 hours ago, TheLegoPerson9 said:

Perhaps it’s merely wishful thinking, but given that the 2019 sets were revealed in November along with the usual December/January releases, maybe there’s a second wave coming? It’s probably unlikely, but the reveals alongside all the usual main themes could mean that it’s now being treated in a similar fashion, and since all of those themes always gets a second wave, maybe 2019 will be the year they try it with Speed Champions. I hope that made sense lol.

In any case, I think this wave is actually a good indication that the theme is continuing. We have our first 80s/90s era supercar in the form of the F40, NASCAR could open the door to some vintage stock cars, the Dodge license means FCA, and they have the BMW license. Mini is owned by BMW, and we have seen BMW before in Technic. Furthermore, if we got one 80s/90s supercar, we could get more, and they have the licenses to do so. Think McLaren F1, Porsche 959, etc.    Even though the Peugeot rally car on Ideas wasn’t approved, perhaps LEGO took notice. They do have the Audi license, and I’m sure they could get Lancia too.

So, even if we don’t see another wave for 2019, I think this theme will continue. They’re putting a lot into this wave, so I don’t see it going anywhere anytime soon.

I doubt it, They will release in march as always, so a second real wave would be cramped between all other releases, and unless they want to seriously expand the lineup, there isnt much room, compared to previous years all that is missing is a single car and big set, so even if the second wave would be very modest (4 sets?) that would make it by far the biggest SC year.

As for a second wave, this year we only get three single cars right? F40, Nascar and McLaren, last time that happened we got the 720S as a surprise, so maybe we will get some surprise car in 6 months, does anyone know if Ferrari (for instance) is due to release a new hypercar this year?

1 hour ago, vectormatic said:

As for a second wave, this year we only get three single cars right? F40, Nascar and McLaren, last time that happened we got the 720S as a surprise, so maybe we will get some surprise car in 6 months, does anyone know if Ferrari (for instance) is due to release a new hypercar this year?

No rumors that I've heard apart from their SUV (Purosangue) which IIRC is going to be 2021. But if you think they're likely to release a new single, here are the most likely candidates I see (only counting cars that have already been officially announced):

- Aston Martin Valkyrie 

- McLaren Speedtail 

- Mercedes Project One

- BMW Z4 (Toyota Supra)

- Lamborghini Aventador SVJ (will laugh all the way to the Lego store if they do an Urus as the first SC Lambo)

- Bugatti Divo

Don't you think they will save the Speedtail, Project One or Valkyrie for the next big Technic car?

Just now, Flossie said:

Don't you think they will save the Speedtail, Project One or Valkyrie for the next big Technic car?

Chiron got both treatments... As did the 911 RSR. 

10 minutes ago, OpenBagTwo said:

No rumors that I've heard apart from their SUV (Purosangue) which IIRC is going to be 2021. But if you think they're likely to release a new single, here are the most likely candidates I see (only counting cars that have already been officially announced):

- Aston Martin Valkyrie 

- McLaren Speedtail 

- Mercedes Project One

- BMW Z4 (Toyota Supra)

- Lamborghini Aventador SVJ (will laugh all the way to the Lego store if they do an Urus as the first SC Lambo)

- Bugatti Divo

I believe the most likely BMW to hit the SC line would have to be the M8 GTE. Speed Champions is more likely to include race cars. But the Merc AMG ONE and Valkyrie is one i'd really like to see.

8 hours ago, vectormatic said:

I doubt it, They will release in march as always, so a second real wave would be cramped between all other releases, and unless they want to seriously expand the lineup, there isnt much room, compared to previous years all that is missing is a single car and big set, so even if the second wave would be very modest (4 sets?) that would make it by far the biggest SC year.

Please explain why LEGO would reveal the 2019 SC sets at the end of November and then not release them until March. Yes, it’s true that it’s always been a March release, but the only other time they’ve been revealed this early was when the first wave was revealed, and that was actually revealed in September 2014. I do not seem them repeating that 4 waves later. The 2018 sets were revealed at the end of January, then showed up at the end of February/beginning of March. Now, I could be wrong and it is indeed March, but that may not be the case this time. Especially when they were revealed with literally all the usual Winter stuff, but I don’t know if that’s a first.

Heck, OpenBagTwo showed me this via Reddit message: https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=204-00-4965

I know this site isn’t always accurate, but I can’t image the sets would be listed in Target’s inventory three months in advance.

EDIT: Found others.

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=204-00-9769

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=204-00-0397

I also found 75893, but either I missed 75891 or it wasn’t there.

Edited by TheLegoPerson9

3 hours ago, RacerRabbit said:

I believe the most likely BMW to hit the SC line would have to be the M8 GTE.

At Speed Champions scale?!?

gn8e7fr3re411.jpg

I guess if they're doing the Dakar JCW, anything is possible... ?

This is very peculiar: https://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Speed-Champions-Conf-2019-LSC2-75891/287599461?u1=&oid=223073.7200&wmlspartner=PxE*ot9VSWM&sourceid=42255886334278202238&affillinktype=14&veh=aff

It’s listed as unavailable, and the set’s image isn’t there, but Target doesn’t have this on their website. However, Wal-Mart does, and I’m willing to bet the others are there as well.

Keep an eye out for these.

1 hour ago, TheLegoPerson9 said:

This is very peculiar: https://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Speed-Champions-Conf-2019-LSC2-75891/287599461?u1=&oid=223073.7200&wmlspartner=PxE*ot9VSWM&sourceid=42255886334278202238&affillinktype=14&veh=aff

It’s listed as unavailable, and the set’s image isn’t there, but Target doesn’t have this on their website. However, Wal-Mart does, and I’m willing to bet the others are there as well.

Keep an eye out for these.

I think you’re right. I think they will arrive January. Everything you said now points towards it.

19 minutes ago, J4ck said:

I think you’re right. I think they will arrive January. Everything you said now points towards it.

I also don’t think LEGO would revert back to what they did in 2014, where the first wave was announced as early as September, but they weren’t released until March. If you look at the dates between reveal and release since, they’ve actually been narrowing the gap between reveal and release. 

2016 SC was revealed mid-December 2015.

2017 SC was revealed at the very end of December of 2016.

2018 SC was revealed at the end of January 2018.

Maybe this is just a coincidence, but I can’t see them making us wait three months after revealing them. If Walmart has the 2019 sets listed on their website(sort of), if Brickset has the sets listed for both Wal-Mart and Target inventory(again, sort of), and if LEGO knowingly revealed them with their usual Winter releases, then I think it’s safe to assume that they’ll be available by at least January 2019, maybe even earlier.

Edited by TheLegoPerson9

On 11/30/2018 at 3:53 PM, TheLegomane said:

In my opinion it just means that if he revealed you what it is, he would have been arrested

A little off-topic: the BMW isn't that big next to the Ford GT right? 

Edit: I mean the picture attached to the reaction. 

Edited by Daanski

Just now, Daanski said:

Exactly what I was thinking. It looks HUGE!

Here’s something interesting I found on Instagram:

A 7 wide version 75885! Features 2 seats! Working bonnet with engine details inside! This is so awesome!! 

1 hour ago, Daanski said:

Sorry, it's absolutely photoshopped. This is a meme from this year's Le Mans. Really thought, if you find some real photographs, it's only exaggerating the size discrepancy between the M8 (which is a bit larger than typical) and the Ford (which is TINY and really closer in size to the nimble LMPs).

Here's a great example of what I'm talking about: Porsche 911 RSR (about the same size as the BMW) battling a Ford GT while an LMP darts through:

1 hour ago, OpenBagTwo said:

Sorry, it's absolutely photoshopped. This is a meme from this year's Le Mans. Really thought, if you find some real photographs, it's only exaggerating the size discrepancy between the M8 (which is a bit larger than typical) and the Ford (which is TINY and really closer in size to the nimble LMPs).

Here's a great example of what I'm talking about: Porsche 911 RSR (about the same size as the BMW) battling a Ford GT while an LMP darts through:

Yes. thats what i was thinking.

great video shared!

IMO the theme will continue as long as TLG can keep the vehicles under $15 US ($12 at discount).  At this lower price range easy sell for present for kids.  Also really like TLG is continuing giving extra racetrack structures/equipment in their two car sets.  , 

This is a great theme, only real wish here is that TLG would offer some of the older sets again.  Missed them when they first came out.  

More images just got released giving us closer looks at the sets. I've noticed that the mudflaps on the classic Mini are black meat cleavers. Pretty clever. Also, the Camaro Nascar has an adjustable rollcage.

1 hour ago, RacerRabbit said:

More images just got released giving us closer looks at the sets. I've noticed that the mudflaps on the classic Mini are black meat cleavers. Pretty clever. Also, the Camaro Nascar has an adjustable rollcage.

Where did you find them?

13 minutes ago, supertruper1988 said:

Where did you find them?

Instagram. It also shows the rear of the classic Mini is mostly stickered but I can understand why because they wanted to maintain the shaping and not risk making the tail-lights look too big.