Anonknee Muss

Speed Champions 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

12 hours ago, McHaleBerg said:

doesn't look bad at all on the standard SC wheels. i'm excited for this new release, but i'm a sucker for a white Porsche 911. i think i'll be going with black wheels on this thing, or maybe even red to mimic Brian Scotto's RWB: 

96d25b1b4c1b0defbcdd0e152b3624af.jpg.ed50c28258f32239fd03b19e0effe84f.jpg

Now that i do like! If they'd taken the effort to give this 911 the RWB treatment i wouldve been more enthousiastic, but that wouldve required a new custom wheel-arch (or even two).

New pics of the 911 are out and the box art pretty much confirms that it will be the barn find in FH4 

Screenshot_20190701-165048.jpg

I'm still not convinced the barn find will be the 911:

-There is a 1x6 black plate in front of the mudguards.

-The rim is the Speed Champion model, not the Technic model.

-The big big Speed Champion piece to conect the wheels, which the 911 doesn't use.

But maybe this is just a model built for the barn scene. I think the car will be the 911, it's the most logical assumption.

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

What do we reckon? 2020 sets?

Yay or Nay?

Yay I hope. There's still some great cars to be immortalized in bricks. I mean, there's that new "Hypercar" class replacing LMP1 in the World Endurance Championship which ought to give us some interesting specimens.

Plus, I created my own little speculations for the next 2 years in the SC Wishlist thread which I put a lot of work and thought into.

Upcoming sets:

76895 - 275 pieces

76896 - 298 pieces

76897 - 250 pieces

76898 - 565 pieces

76899 - 663 pieces

So it looks like 3 sets will be at the $14.99 USD price and potential 1 @ the 29.99 USD and the last at $39.99 USD

Isn't it weird that the small sets have between 250 and 298 pieces? It's way more than a single car usually has (150-200), but not enough for two cars (350-400).

Those piece counts between 250-300 likely contain just 1 car, with some smaller side builds (garage/podium/racetrack bits) , or wheel accesoires or extra customization like the F40. 

However maybe they'll bump the price too :sceptic:

Edited by TeriXeri

22 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

just 1 car, with some smaller side builds (garage/podium/racetrack bits)

I hope you're wrong... Most of that extra stuff seemed unnecessary to me, I was happy when they stopped doing it.

4 hours ago, Graupensuppe said:

I hope you're wrong... Most of that extra stuff seemed unnecessary to me, I was happy when they stopped doing it.

I'd like single cars without too much extras/race tracks, but it's going to be tough to fit 2 cars within 250 or 275 parts unless we get something unexpected.

The smallest parts count in a retail Speed Champion set  has been 151 (with 10 of those used in a flag sidebuild)

I don't have parts count for each individual vehicle however.

Of course LEGO did make 1 formula 1 car promo set that used 120 parts, and we also seen smaller car models like a Mini, so things are still possible.

Outside of Speed Champion, LEGO has made decent cars below 100 parts before. (2019 police car has 92 parts)

I agree with you, on rather seeing 2 (smaller/simpler) cars in a 250-300 part set, instead of 1 car and a sidebuild.

I'd love a Classic Mini in another Speed Champion set, doesn't have to be a rally version so some parts could be saved there, other small popular cars could be interesting as well 

I'd also love to see a 1983 VW Golf 1 GTI.

Edited by TeriXeri

If one of those new sets (or any other 2020 set) contains a Lamborghini, I dont care what the price is, I WILL buy it no matter what.

Sill kicking myself that I was never able to get the yellow Lambo to go with the blue police Lambo I did buy.

Hmm, i really hope they dont expand the side builds in the single car sets, i dont give a toss about any of the side builds in the theme, so a part count increase which goes into side builds is just a price increase for me, without anything in return.

Same goes for the ~500/600 part sets, those will probably be 2 cars with big side builds.

What if the increased part counts come from alternate body options in each set? So, for instance, a given car set would include the parts to make the car in either red or blue?

3 hours ago, Lyichir said:

What if the increased part counts come from alternate body options in each set? So, for instance, a given car set would include the parts to make the car in either red or blue?

I doubt it very much. If it’s extra pieces so you can swap different spoilers then makes sense. But if you’re swapping colours then you’re almost building it from scratch. Kids won’t want to do that.

I’ve just realised we’ve got a 2020 thread for SC now courtesy of @Digger of Bricks!

12 hours ago, J4ck said:

I doubt it very much. If it’s extra pieces so you can swap different spoilers then makes sense. But if you’re swapping colours then you’re almost building it from scratch. Kids won’t want to do that.

I’ve just realised we’ve got a 2020 thread for SC now courtesy of @Digger of Bricks! 

Lego have done something similar before, i have a F430 challenge from the racers theme which came with red and yellow body parts.

I agree though, wont happen on SC, it would also require even more stickers to be shipped, otherwise there is no way to rebuild an already built car into the other colour. On stuff like spoilers, we've already seen this approach on for instance the AMG GT3 and the F40, which i really liked!

Interesting how they all have so many “extra” or higher parts count for single sets. It’s not like we’re contemplating a single odd part count set. 

Whats the highest part count of a really well done moc? Anywhere close to these part counts? Minus 20% possibly being for props  

Speed champions have always grown in complexity, not reduced. Sometimes a bit arbitrary like 3 flat 1x1 instead of a full size 1x1. 

9 minutes ago, Lawndart said:

Whats the highest part count of a really well done moc? Anywhere close to these part counts?

Looking at my SC MOC's in LDD most are between 180-220 pieces for a vehicle.

Sounds about right, not many more pieces can be used, Speed champions has already gotten as granular as they can requiring lots of stacking flat pieces too. 

So, has anyone picked up the white porsche yet? Its been available online over here for quite a few days, but i feel hesitant picking it up, considering i already have the green version

28 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

So, has anyone picked up the white porsche yet? Its been available online over here for quite a few days, but i feel hesitant picking it up, considering i already have the green version

My local toy shop had it out about a week early so I grabbed 4 boxes as they were being put on the shelf. Have modded a red version as the stickers are clear backed. 

red_porsche.jpg

Missing 2 red bricks and stickers yet to go on.