Anonknee Muss

Speed Champions 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

“A new build method...” Yea, one could hope... IMO this particular model’s build was particularly unsatisfying. The finished result looks good (with exception of that wheel/tire combo) but the build itself was joyless plate-stacking.

15 hours ago, MTBingNinja said:

I'm not all that impressed, too many similar looking Porsches let alone another white colored one...wish it was an all new vehicle or at least a 911 in some new wacky color like purple.   

Yeah. I like the model and I did get the other Porsche set although I was only interested in this model.

But I feel it is almost inevitable to have a similar/same model Porsche. In real life they also look to much like each other. Apart form a few different dents here or there Porsches all look the same to me (Now I hope I haven't offended too many people :blush:)

official catalog is out, with this set in it, so any possibility of a fake leak is out of the window.

Judging from that one picture, there might be a small difference in the structure below the front bumper, otherwise it looks 100% identical (besides the colour obviously)

39 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

They did the same in 2018 with the Ferrari 488 GT3. It came as a single car set and in the Ferrari garage set. 

Not quite, the ferrari garage car was the 488GTE, not the GT3, both had different liveries and different builds

A little annoyed as I got the Porsche 2-pack just for that car, and would have preferred the silver scheme. But then again I got it for Christmas and it’s still another set in the collection so no harm done!

So, Forza horizon 4 has this secret car thing called barn find...

You can find parts for an unknown car that is not in the game yet but will be added in the future. At first I thought it must be the new 911 but the parts don't match.

Does anybody recognise if the parts match any car we've got before?

Screenshot_20190614-065030_20190614065942255.jpg

looking through bricklink, i cant find a set which would match those colours, all white arched speed champions either have black wheels, or dont have that piece for the splitter.

Are you sure it isnt the 911 turbo?

3 hours ago, vectormatic said:

looking through bricklink, i cant find a set which would match those colours, all white arched speed champions either have black wheels, or dont have that piece for the splitter.

The 911 turbo doesn't use the "Speed Champions" base that you can see from a different angle and it doesn't have a 1x6 plate in front of the wheel arches.

8 hours ago, vectormatic said:

There is one white arched SC car that has silver wheels. The 911 RSR from the 2015 Porsche GT Finish Line set. It could be that.

1 hour ago, RacerRabbit said:

There is one white arched SC car that has silver wheels. The 911 RSR from the 2015 Porsche GT Finish Line set. It could be that.

Again, the parts that we see on the broken model don't match.

Also note that it doesn't have to be a white car since FH4 allows color customization.

2 hours ago, RacerRabbit said:

That has a white splitter under the bumper though, not a black one.

8 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

That has a white splitter under the bumper though, not a black one.

Oh right. Hadn't thought of that.

Its great to hear that the Porsche 911 stickers are clear backed so you can make different colour versions on the base chassis :thumbup: :classic:

15 hours ago, AllanSmith said:

Its great to hear that the Porsche 911 stickers are clear backed so you can make different colour versions on the base chassis :thumbup: :classic:

I just checked all the lime parts used in last years version and LBG,  Black, Red, Orange,  Lime and Dark Blue are the only options which have all the parts needed from what i can tell.

Orange might be interesting, but otherwise im not seeing a colour which i would find interesting, especially as this trick would require buying the set, then buying more then half the parts again over bricklink in the correct colour.

That said, clear backed stickers are good for speed champions imho, i got a second chiron as a present and swapped it to red/black rather then blue/black, im just not sure i'd bother with buying a second set for that reason, especially since i think the lime green is already pretty much the best colour to have an old school 911 turbo in.

EDIT: on topic of the Forza horizon barnfind, from what i understand there are four cars in the game, this years mini, F40, the Senna and the barnfind, which at the moment isnt unlockable because "the instructions havent been found yet" in the game, which to me screams that it is the 911 turbo in white, which will be unlocked in the game when the set itself is officially released/announced.

I dont have FH4, but if i paid $20 for an expansion like this, i'd be disappointed if it only had four cars in it, given the amount of real life SC cars they can draw from.

Edited by vectormatic

So, the only difference I can see is the lack of licence plate sticker, great...

But personally I'm still happy about this set because I collect only single car sets and the lack of fourth one this year was infuriating to me

Anyone noticed how shifting the windshield up one row of bricks looks WAY better and more authentic to the dimensions?

regardless, I do hope we see sets spring up as cross promotion with Forza Horizon. Microsoft put a lot of money and promotion into the speed champions DLC...

But I’m a bit concerned that the Speed Champions team is only 3 people, and any interviews with them seem to intentionally avoid asking the obvious “What’s the plan for the future of the series?”

But the ROI on only 3 people plus some marketing and custom parts has to be huge. 

The Brick Fan - LEGO Speed Champions 1974 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.0 (75895) Announced

LEGO Speed Champions 1974 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.0 (75895)

75895 1974 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.0

180 pieces | Ages 7+ $14.99 (USD)
Available August 1, 2019

Classic 1974 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.0 collectible toy car model to race and display!

Porsche fans will love to build, race and proudly display the LEGO® Speed Champions 75895 1974 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.0. This white, collectible toy car model for kids of one of the world’s most recognizable classic sports cars features a minifigure cockpit with a removable windshield and is packed with authentic details, including the iconic ‘whale tail’ rear spoiler. A classic Porsche 911 driver minifigure and 3 cones to play out race scenarios are also included in this LEGO car set.

-This model car kit includes a new-for-August-2019 classic Porsche 911 driver minifigure.
-The white, buildable 1974 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.0 toy car for kids features a minifigure cockpit with removable windshield, wheels with rubber racing tires and authentic design details such as the 911 Turbo’s iconic ‘whale tail’ rear spoiler.
-Remove the windshield to place the minifigure in the car.
-Accessory elements include the Porsche 911 driver’s helmet, plus 3 cones for racing play action.
-This cool toy model car for kids makes a great birthday gift.
-1974 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.0 measures over 1” (4cm) high, 5” (15cm) long and 2” (6cm) wide.

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Hope they'll make a Classic Mini single-car set as well at some point. 

Bonus points if it were Mr Bean's color scheme non-rally version. 

I know a Cooper S isn't the same as a Mark IV. But still very similar.

(Add some cupcake stand for comic relief)  :rofl: (just kidding)

Edited by TeriXeri

I seen a bunch of comments regarding the Porsche Rims.

While i do like the RAUH-Welt look, i agree the lack of proper spokes make it look bad.

My solution to that (while not perfect) is this:

porsche3.jpg

I already pre-ordered the same pieces for when the White Porsche comes out.

Edited by TheDeeGee

That looks quite nice, I wonder why they did the odd looking “skateboarding” of them in the first place. Even a casual observer wonders what’s going on with the rims. 

doesn't look bad at all on the standard SC wheels. i'm excited for this new release, but i'm a sucker for a white Porsche 911. i think i'll be going with black wheels on this thing, or maybe even red to mimic Brian Scotto's RWB:

96d25b1b4c1b0defbcdd0e152b3624af.jpg.ed50c28258f32239fd03b19e0effe84f.jpg