Anonknee Muss

Speed Champions 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

I really like the classic Mini! The rest of the sets won't grow on me yet :hmpf_bad:.

When looking at the new Camaro: those tires A: look printed and B: they look to me other than the regular SC set of tires.

75891_alt2.jpg

What do you think?

75891_alt4.jpg

The safety cage in the Camaro looks very fancy, a nice additional feature. Still, I'm not eager to buy this set (yet). 

The pics are from Brickset, so this is legal to post here right?

Edited by Daanski

24 minutes ago, Daanski said:

When looking at the new Camaro: those tires A: look printed and B: they look to me other than the regular SC set of tires.

See bottom right:

75893-1.jpg?201812041022

The same piece - a wheel insert - is used on the SRT Demon, but it isn't printed there.

On 11/29/2018 at 2:29 PM, imvanya said:

I think, similar to the F40's standard-Competizione conversion, the Charger will have the option to remove the supercharger.

Looks like that is exactly what they did. I actually appreciate the fact that now not only F1 cars with their switchable front wings have this modular feature. The thing I find somewhat disappointing are the rear lights on the Charger - they don't look very Charger-like. 1 stud is too much, 1 plate would be much better. 

Edited by imvanya

Looks like we are getting these sets at the end of January. You can see one in a advert on the brick fan site. So... two waves perhaps???

Just now, Lawndart said:

Looks like we are getting these sets at the end of January. You can see one in a advert on the brick fan site. So... two waves perhaps???

Are you talking about the teaser that McLaren shared on Twitter? I have a feeling that this wave will be officially revealed in January, i'm not sure they'll go on sale by that time. I'm pretty sure they'll be released in March like all the other waves.

Lego have posted a teaser of what I presume is the Senna on Instagram, but it’s completely different colours to the regular release version, it’s got weird zebra stripe-ish pattern on a white base colour

Edited by Whovastron

2 hours ago, RacerRabbit said:

Are you talking about the teaser that McLaren shared on Twitter? I have a feeling that this wave will be officially revealed in January, i'm not sure they'll go on sale by that time. I'm pretty sure they'll be released in March like all the other waves.

Um, what? Do you think Brickset would have all of those set images on their website if all of those images if those weren’t official reveals from LEGO themselves?

1 hour ago, Lawndart said:

Here: 

January 2019 LEGO Store Calendar

Walmart also has them on ther website, albeit it’s marked as unavailable and there are no images. They are also apparently in Walmart and Target’s inventory according to Brickseek. Although, I think January 1st is more likely, given when they were revealed.

This image pretty much confirms that these aren’t a March release, because I highly doubt LEGO would lie about them being available in January. They might even show up at the end of this month, depending on stores.

Edited by TheLegoPerson9

It also seems Wal-Mart took them off their website for the time being, but like I said, they were listed as unavailable anyway+no images.

This being a January 1st release does make me wonder if a 2nd wave will be coming, especially since this is the smallest wave yet. I’m saying this because all the main themes usually see a January 1st release, and this wave of Speed Champions is a January 1st release. This might mean LEGO now considers it one of their main themes, and all of the main themes get a second wave.

I’m not expecting one, but I’m not ruling the possibility out either. Either way, I think this theme will continue. The F40 might be an indicator that we will see more 80s/90s cars in the future. Perhaps we’ll get a 959 or even Group B/Group C cars eventually.

Edited by TheLegoPerson9

The tyres aren’t new on the Camaro, a new rim piece. The sausage pieces on the classic Mini aren’t sausages, appears to be a brand new Mudguard. 

Lego posted a teaser of the McLaren yet all the sets have been revealed, this leads me to believe 2019 will be a repeat of last year.

18 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Lego have posted a teaser of what I presume is the Senna on Instagram, but it’s completely different colours to the regular release version, it’s got weird zebra stripe-ish pattern on a white base colour

The weird zebra pattern is a reference to a technique car companies do. They make this weird pattern and apply all over the car so when the car isn’t ready to be revealed, people can’t photograph it because the weird pattern messes with the focus of the camera.

51 minutes ago, J4ck said:

The weird zebra pattern is a reference to a technique car companies do. They make this weird pattern and apply all over the car so when the car isn’t ready to be revealed, people can’t photograph it because the weird pattern messes with the focus of the camera.

Do you mean "Dazzle Camouflage"?

I would have loved this theme a lot more if the actual car stickers were all prints.

Especially on cars like the Camaro.

7 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

I would have loved this theme a lot more if the actual car stickers were all prints.

Especially on cars like the Camaro.

Counterpoint: MOCing is a lot easier when the stickers are optional.

8 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Do you mean "Dazzle Camouflage"?

If that’s the proper name then yes, yes I do. Thank you friendo.

Btw that white McLaren has the exact same pieces are the grey one so I think Lego are just easing the grey one.

14 hours ago, OpenBagTwo said:

Counterpoint: MOCing is a lot easier when the stickers are optional.

Especially if, like me, you like to turn most of the cars into road vehicles. The Audi R8, for example, would be impossible to convert if they weren’t stickers.

22 hours ago, J4ck said:

The tyres aren’t new on the Camaro, a new rim piece. The sausage pieces on the classic Mini aren’t sausages, appears to be a brand new Mudguard. 

Lego posted a teaser of the McLaren yet all the sets have been revealed, this leads me to believe 2019 will be a repeat of last year.

Okay that’s pretty cool

i have a feeling we will get 4th car later in the year, we have always gotten 4 cars a year, would be odd if they break that trend. I would love it to be a Lambo, hopefully it’s being released later because they tried to gain a new licence

Edited by Whovastron

Bwoah, it is gping to be a very cheap year for me...so far i got all speed championsets....but i do not like any of the 2019 sets...what happend...the blue Camaro seems to walk right out of a Cars movie...?

Not a big fan of the Dodge Charger series, too bad I was looking forward to getting it...still might pull the trigger on the set.   Something about the rear windows on the car and the excessive Demon stickers are throwing me off. 

The Brothers Brick review kinda highlighted to me how unfortunate it is that SC-scale can't support a passenger side--celebrating historic rally drivers while literally erasing their co-drivers just seems wrong.