Anonknee Muss

Speed Champions 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

On 11/16/2018 at 9:03 PM, RacerRabbit said:

Not sure I like the sound of the Dakar Mini. I would much rather have a Cooper S Touring Car or the JCW GP Concept from this year.

file1522449871139.jpg

I sure about Dakar Mini, because have seen a leak)) 

About Ferrari F40 also sure. Also should waiting a Dodge Challenger)

10 hours ago, RacerRabbit said:

One for each then eh?

Looks like there are placeholders for three $14.99 priced sets and two larger sets of similar box size.

What a tease! A leaked catalog but all speed champions or blank! The fun never stops :) But at least we know the manufacturers. 

The main question now - what is two chevy cars lego has taken. Because chevrolet cars hasn't won any race in 2018. Only indyrace. So it takes a hope for vintage garage with corvette or camaro.

Edited by 00bricker

4 hours ago, 00bricker said:

The main question now - what is two chevy cars lego has taken. Because chevrolet cars hasn't won any race in 2018. Only indyrace. So it takes a hope for vintage garage with corvette or camaro.

I think the Chevy is going to be a stand alone car. It could be either three cars: Mid Engined C8 Corvette, Corvette C7R or SS Nascar.

12 hours ago, 00bricker said:

Because chevrolet cars hasn't won any race in 2018. 

The #3 Corvette Racing team were the IMSA GTLM champions in 2017 *and* 2018. Chevy also took the manufacturer's trophy in 2017. Keep in mind: it takes time to design a set--it's pretty rare we get something like the McLaren 720S released simultaneously. This is why this year had the Porsche 919 LMP1 and not the Nürburgring-beating 919 Evo.

If the Chevy is a double-set, what would be really incredible would be if it turned out that the rumors were true and the mid-engined C8 is going to be called the Zora. Then the double would be the Zora + a C3 with a minifigure of Arkus-Duntov.

Edited by OpenBagTwo
Zora

23 hours ago, RacerRabbit said:

I think the Chevy is going to be a stand alone car. It could be either three cars: Mid Engined C8 Corvette, Corvette C7R or SS Nascar.

I'd hope for the mid-engined C8, but General Motors has yet to unveil it themselves. Point being, I think 2020 (at the very least) would be more likely of a year to see that model come to the playtheme. :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

18 hours ago, OpenBagTwo said:

The #3 Corvette Racing team were the IMSA GTLM champions in 2017 *and* 2018. Chevy also took the manufacturer's trophy in 2017. Keep in mind: it takes time to design a set--it's pretty rare we get something like the McLaren 720S released simultaneously. This is why this year had the Porsche 919 LMP1 and not the Nürburgring-beating 919 Evo.

If the Chevy is a double-set, what would be really incredible would be if it turned out that the rumors were true and the mid-engined C8 is going to be called the Zora. Then the double would be the Zora + a C3 with a minifigure of Arkus-Duntov.

This! And with the street version already done, makes for a great base for the/a GT version. 

Chevy has been testing a MR vett for decades. It’s so unorthodox to the brand, we’re likely to not see a version beyond Porches one off MR 911 for GT racing only. 

48 minutes ago, Daanski said:

If you like this car in real life, then you might want to check the leaked SC photo on Insta.  

a-f40-1920.jpg?quality=85

Eh. Out of the two leaks I've seen so far - note here that I am not a car enthusiast and am really only interested in Speed Champions for the cars' potential to be used as civilian vehicles in City layouts - the McLaren Senna, 75892, looks much nicer, whereas the  Ferrari F40 is kind of boxy and plain. Sad thing is, it's the more realistic of the two for my purposes . . but screw that. It's my city, and my citizens will have cars that are nice to look at! Realism be damned! XD

The F40 looks alright. It's also the "Competitzione" version which looks more like this: 1989_Ferrari_F40LM11.jpg

That said, I can see this easily being modified to be the road F40 when these come out.

Just now, hachiroku said:

By the way, there is a 1x1 plate in the sides with the Ferrari logo in the lateral. If I'm not wrong, that can't be a sticker.

It's bound to be printed. Lego would never release a sticker that small.

Just now, RacerRabbit said:

It's bound to be printed. Lego would never release a sticker that small.

I have put many stickers on 1x1 plates, especially with Speed Champions.

OMFG, hype! The F40 is one of my favorite ferraris, getting one in SC form is awesome! I might end up picking up two, one in standard competizione form, one to convert to normal spec (im thinking recoluor the spoiler, delete the splitter, modify the bonnet stickers)

Judging from the leaks so far, this might actually be my only SC buy next year (as im slowly losing interest in the theme, and i dont really care much for chevy/modern minis), but what an awesome car to get in SC form!

Wow a lot of new leaks! I like the F40, it would fit nice next to my 10248! The classic Mini looks great, I'm no fan of the buggy and I still like the McLaren :) Americal muscle cars have never been something for me. 

YES!! Nascar Camaro! And The Classic Mini is a 5 wide!!! Now all we need is the Dodge set. I'm praying for a Charger Daytona/Superbird!

Just now, K_Tiger said:

F40! '80s Guy finally has a ride!

Yes! Stealing that idea!

love the look of these, it seems they’re a lot let sticker heavy now. Looking forward to seeing the potential Dodge set.

im not a huge fan of the camero set, but the others look great 

From what we've seen so far, I'm really digging the F40 and that five-wide '67 Mini! :thumbup: :smug: Now, while it is cool to see yet another Camaro set from this theme, I still prefer the look and construction of 2016's road version from the double pack.

1 hour ago, K_Tiger said:

F40! '80s Guy finally has a ride!

'80s Guy? Are you talking about the Series 17 Yuppie?

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

From what we've seen so far, I'm really digging the F40 and that five-wide '67 Mini! :thumbup: :smug: Now, while it is cool to see yet another Camaro set from this theme, I still prefer the look and construction of 2016's road version from the double pack.

'80s Guy? Are you talking about the Series 17 Yuppie?

None other!

*Phil Collins intensifies*

lego-cmf17-figure12.jpg