Anonknee Muss

Speed Champions 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

There’s one of the single cars around on instagram. McLaren, no idea which though

On 8/24/2018 at 12:15 AM, AllanSmith said:

Next year two of the sets we will be getting will be a Dodge double set old and new. Mini double set old and new rally with garage  :)

Also everyone ignored this guy’s comment, then like a month later someone else posted the same info and people suddenly didn’t ignore it

Just now, Whovastron said:

There’s one of the single cars around on instagram. McLaren, no idea which though

Also everyone ignored this guy’s comment, then like a month later someone else posted the same info and people suddenly didn’t ignore it

That sucks man, I’m not one for leaking but that’s low.

2 hours ago, Whovastron said:

I might be able to decyfer it if you were to give me a link.

3 hours ago, Whovastron said:

I'd say it's a McLaren Senna GTR:

McClaren-Senna-GTR-927809.jpg

Let me be the first to say "yuck", im not mclaren fan to begin with, and the Senna is quite hideous, to top it off this lego rendition really reminds me of a mid 00s secret agent pseudo scifi set... not a good thing imho..

Ah well, more room in the budget for other stuff i suppose.

I quite like it. It also does not seem that there are sticker galore, and I like that too! 

I'm miffed because I *just* made my own Senna Speed Champions MOC...

Sigh. 

Well, those new pieces (dark bley short fenders, dark bley 1x2 wedges with stud notches, orange wheels (?!), and whatever is going on with those orange air dams) will be great fodder for other mocs.

Also nice to see Bruno Senna as a minifigure (and yes I mean Bruno).

Considering the McLaren Senna is not the most attractive car in the world I think they have made a good effort in Speed Champions scale. 

I am also looking forward to seeing the Mini set, but am ready to be disappointed considering the scale and that Minis are so small.

I'm quite impressed by the use of Axl's axe blade pieces from Nexo Knights for the headlights! Quite a clever technique I probably never would have thought of!

The color combo is great, and it looks like only 4 stickers other than what we can't see on the back... Also some kind of tie-in with some online functionality?

After a good look at the leaked photo, i'd say it's based on this particular Senna. mclaren-senna-carbon-theme-by-mso_01.jpg

Notice the orange highlights. And I have a good feeling the dark grey is meant to be the colour of the bare carbon fibre.

It looks a bit bulky with pieces piled on but overall is quite realistic

Edited by SDRFormula1

Lovely! Nice color scheme, true to the original and most importantly - very few stickers! More like this, please, Lego.

On 11/9/2018 at 12:14 PM, SDRFormula1 said:

The picture of the SC McLaren Senna on Instagram: *leaks are wrong*

You know posting a link to the leak(s) is against the rules?

Edited by J4ck

1 hour ago, Johnny1360 said:

Fortunately it is still in the quote.

*Unfortunately

2 hours ago, SDRFormula1 said:

No, Sorry. Took it down now.

No worries!

100% will be a set with mini coopers) Probable it will be a 2 cars set. Old legend and latest. I confident in  2018 Dakar MINI John Cooper Works Rally. And "for the Legend" Lego most likely uses the winner trophy at 1964 Rally Monte Carlo - Red Cooper S with number 37 (driving by Hopkirk and Liddon)

But I heard also rumours about ferrari. Again Ferrari! Maybe it will be a car from 70's or 80's

Mini-John-Cooper-Works-Rally-Dakar-2018.

c3f17662-16d1-11e7-9de0-be70aa4ccbe0.jpg

Edited by 00bricker

On 8/24/2018 at 11:15 AM, AllanSmith said:

Next year two of the sets we will be getting will be a Dodge double set old and new. Mini double set old and new rally with garage  :)

I was told this back in August. It looks like I now have back up info re the Mini's :)

20 hours ago, AllanSmith said:

I was told this back in August. It looks like I now have back up info re the Mini's :)

I remember it.  But there general info. I wrote about exact models. And maybe you knew about new Ferrari F40 Set?))))))

•  
Edited by 00bricker

On 11/15/2018 at 11:56 AM, 00bricker said:

100% will be a set with mini coopers) Probable it will be a 2 cars set. Old legend and latest. I confident in  2018 Dakar MINI John Cooper Works Rally. And "for the Legend" Lego most likely uses the winner trophy at 1964 Rally Monte Carlo - Red Cooper S with number 37 (driving by Hopkirk and Liddon)

But I heard also rumours about ferrari. Again Ferrari! Maybe it will be a car from 70's or 80's

Mini-John-Cooper-Works-Rally-Dakar-2018.

c3f17662-16d1-11e7-9de0-be70aa4ccbe0.jpg

Not sure I like the sound of the Dakar Mini. I would much rather have a Cooper S Touring Car or the JCW GP Concept from this year.

file1522449871139.jpg

Some leaked catalog placeholders posted over on Instagram further confirm that there will be five sets for next year's upcoming wave, covering the McLaren, Dodge, Mini, Ferrari, and Chevrolet automobile brands. :wink:

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Some leaked catalog placeholders posted over on Instagram further confirm that there will be five sets for next year's upcoming wave, covering the McLaren, Dodge, Mini, Ferrari, and Chevrolet automobile brands. :wink:

One for each then eh? Still no Ford GT road car, though. :hmpf_bad: