Anonknee Muss

Speed Champions 2019 - Rumours, Speculation and Discussion

While it's getting close to 2019, I was thinking of the 20th anniversary of the most iconic model year of the Nissan Skyline GT-R R34, although now I think of it, it seems like an oddly specific anniversary.

37016107346_43628b6f6d_b.jpg

credit: Zero 935

Edited by Perry

4 hours ago, J4ck said:

Pick 3-4 out of the following for next year’s sets:

Chevrolet, Ford, Audi, Porsche, Mercedes, Bugatti, Ferrari or McLaren.

K. Ford, Mclaren, Mercedes, Ferrari.

11 hours ago, J4ck said:

Pick 3-4 out of the following for next year’s sets:

Chevrolet, Ford, Audi, Porsche, Mercedes, Bugatti, Ferrari or McLaren.

Chevy, Mercedes, and Ferrari. Maybe McLaren.

I’m more interested in what classics we might see. They went from 2 in 2016 to 1 in 2017 to 4 in 2018. My first gueeses are either a 300SL or C2/C3 Corvette. 

Mercedes 300SL / Corvette C2

Aston Martin Vantage 2018 / McLaren Senna

Ferrari FXX-K Evo

Ford F-150 Raptor + F100 vintage

Ferrari/Mercedes F1 + box

Ideas Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Rally

1 hour ago, Cooter said:

Mercedes 300SL / Corvette C2

Aston Martin Vantage 2018 / McLaren Senna

Ferrari FXX-K Evo

Ford F-150 Raptor + F100 vintage

Ferrari/Mercedes F1 + box

Ideas Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Rally

Personally, I don’t think the Peugeot Ideas set will be accepted. It’s too similar to the Speed Champions line; Lego Ideas has a rule in place that doesn’t let an idea based off of current themes accepted in.

11 hours ago, RacerRabbit said:

K. Ford, Mclaren, Mercedes, Ferrari.

3 hours ago, TheLegoPerson9 said:

Chevy, Mercedes, and Ferrari. Maybe McLaren.

I’m more interested in what classics we might see. They went from 2 in 2016 to 1 in 2017 to 4 in 2018. My first gueeses are either a 300SL or C2/C3 Corvette. 

Interesting that you both went for four rather than 3. Especially, considering there (to our knowledge) will be one less set next year. My guess is the new Bugatti (1 set), Chevrolet (2 set) and Mercedes (2 sets). 

***Disclaimer***  >Speculation<

18 hours ago, J4ck said:

Personally, I don’t think the Peugeot Ideas set will be accepted. It’s too similar to the Speed Champions line; Lego Ideas has a rule in place that doesn’t let an idea based off of current themes accepted in.

Interesting that you both went for four rather than 3. Especially, considering there (to our knowledge) will be one less set next year. My guess is the new Bugatti (1 set), Chevrolet (2 set) and Mercedes (2 sets). 

***Disclaimer***  >Speculation<

I couldn’t decide between McLaren and Ferrari, but we didn’t get a Ferrari set in 2016, so....

My guesses/wishes

Mercedes-Benz Project One

McLaren Senna

Mercedes-Benz 300SL

C2 and C8

idk about the $50 set.

14 hours ago, TheLegoPerson9 said:

1954-mercedes-benz-blue--03b518d.jpgThis is very unlikely, but how cool would it be if the $50 set has this?

That's what i suggested. These two with a modern Merc F1 car and a couple of trackside accessories.

I would love to see them use their VAG license and do a Lamborghini in the Speed Champions line. A Speed Champions Lamborghini falls squarely into "shut up and take my money" territory for me.

53 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

Guys can we keep the wishlists and such in the appropriate thread?

Speculation based on leaks is fine but this is all baseless

There’s even a thread for wish lists.

So last year around July we already had some concrete news about the sets and in early December we had the exact names. Hopefully the info comes earlier this year for the names

49 minutes ago, madejp86 said:

So last year around July we already had some concrete news about the sets and in early December we had the exact names. Hopefully the info comes earlier this year for the names

Was it really that late in the year we got the names?

When we got our concrete info, we knew what distribution we would get (I.e. two ferrari sets, two ford sets, two Porsche sets).

3 hours ago, SDRFormula1 said:

I believe that we have a strong chance of getting the Aston Martin Vanyage GTE together with a Bond car. 

That Aston Martin is very nice. If it is made it’ll be the first Aston Martin car we get in the speed champions line. If we get it, do you reckon we’ll get it in light lime green (presumably made in the Lego colour Bright Yellowish Green) or in black(presumably made in the Lego colour Black)?

I was shown a list with set numbers and prices. There will be 3 single car sets and 2 double car sets going by the prices. Was told that the double sets are of Mini's and Dodge's. Will have to wait an see :)

1 hour ago, AllanSmith said:

I was shown a list with set numbers and prices. There will be 3 single car sets and 2 double car sets going by the prices. Was told that the double sets are of Mini's and Dodge's. Will have to wait an see :)

Minis - Obviously rally cars.

Dodges - Vipers? Nascar?

What are the other 3 cars going to be?

Edited by RacerRabbit

3 hours ago, J4ck said:

That Aston Martin is very nice. If it is made it’ll be the first Aston Martin car we get in the speed champions line. If we get it, do you reckon we’ll get it in light lime green (presumably made in the Lego colour Bright Yellowish Green) or in black(presumably made in the Lego colour Black)?

I think it will be the Green car which is the 2018 car rather then the Grey/Black Version which raced in 2017

I just wanna see what classic car or two we’ll be seeing, assuming that we will get at least one. I don’t see why we wouldn’t, though.

I can certainly see a classic Mini and a 1968 Charger/1970 Challenger if that Mini and Dodge info turns out to be true. 

5 hours ago, AllanSmith said:

Was told that the double sets are of Mini's and Dodge's. Will have to wait an see :)

Unless Lego is handling these things on a brand-by-brand basis, a license partnership with Dodge means that Chrysler, Jeep, and Ram are also open for future set possibilities with Lego, right?