rm8

Auto turn, rear drive, emergency lights at car using SBRICK and SBRICK+

Hello,

Almost all of us use Sbricks as just "long range remote control with smooth speed control", right?

It take time to know more about Sbrick functions that can be programmed using Profile designer. New possibilities, opened with  Sequence and Circuit, was not presented and described well in guides (SBRICK Team should do a detailed guide and how-to manual). So I have to learn them by myslef.

Car is just a mule for all functions we planned. So no need to describe design. We did it with my son for robotics contest in his School in January.

I8_7u0gSH5M.jpg

EZxUWxwlpgo.jpg

Functions

• Independent suspension
  • openable doors, including motorized rear door
  • Rear wheel drive and steering
  • Auto turn lights (+ manual buttons)
  • Auto emergency lights (+ manual button)
  • Auto backward drive light (+ manual button)
  • Daylight and rear lights powered with solar panels

All electronics

• 2x L motor for propulsion
  • Servo motor for steering
  • 2x LED for turn and emergency signals
  • 2x LED for front and rear daylights
  • 1x LED for backward drive signal
  • M motor for trunk door opening
  • WEDO tilt sensor for safe/dangerous drive control
  • 1x LiPo batery
  • 2x Solar panels
  • 1x Smart Brick
  • 1x Smart Brick PLUS

V9g4b0RSplg.jpg

Control profile is a mess of buttons. I think I need a real designer to design something nice in designer profile:tongue:

Small buttons are circuits, that are ON on the start, and no need to press them. So that's why I make them small (May be, hiding them is the better design decision) For example, circuits was used to make aut turn light: left or right turn LEDs are on depending on SERVO motor rotation direction. Circuits are like "IF" functions, that can be linked any port of Sbrick, but it is not described in Manual, so I have to expore it by myself. :hmpf_bad:

Round sequence buttons work like ON buttons but with programmed timings and power. So I can do blinking lights with described intervals of LED on and pauses between. The same I can do with motors.

When driving, you can see that some sequence buttons on the iPad turns ON automatically (I don't press emergency, backward or turn rights at all)

Another experiment: solar panels. They work well with LEDs. They even make work Sbrick. But too weak for motors. I saw some moving cars on YT with one solar panel and one motor under bright sun, but I can't name that "CARS" - just some liftarms and wheels with solar panel and M motor. My car is too heavy.

Almost all functions can be done only by Sbrick. Sbrick PLUS is only used for connecting WEDO Tilt sensor. Tilt sensor detects "agressive driving": fast acceleration or brakes, crashes, shaking and roll over of course. Then circuit sends command to emergency lights.

Another function I planned, but failed: automatic rear door opening detecting hand or leg under the rear bumper (like modern cars do). Unfortunately, I can't set up WEDO distance sensor. It should detect leg and open door only at small range. But everytime it detects surface under the car - it opens the door:ugh:

I also have to do some tricks, for example "all off" circuit, to prevent manual turn off emergency and rear drive light after every auto turning on...

I think, this can function can be useful for big supercar scaled models or truck, especially for events. But Sbrick team shoud do a user friendly predesigne profiles for that and do a detailed manual for every function in profile designer. And I am also waiting for iOS support drivers

OhShUJByldU.jpg

You can turn on english subtitiles in the video.

cs4qF2tdqyQ.jpg6QivJ8uDgw0.jpg

RwKMRs3am_I.jpgfiGgCGM4_y8.jpg

5YaLyGUNSuY.jpgWNkRVmlsS6k.jpg

aCtBxE9J7Po.jpgdo9JkO1Lj2Y.jpg

ywBnrBO_Nls.jpg

Describing how to programm all that buttons in Designer Profile need a separate video.

Thanks.

Very intresting. I can't wait for the video about program. Good luck to your son at school contest.