Berthil

All 8 Brickative Modulars

After 3 months done with the 8 Brickative modulars. Very high quality and fun to build. Here and there I made some changes to my liking.
Finally printed the decals and made the below 20 minute video with lots of details of all 8 modulars. Index in the video description.

43186107535_28dcc49721_b.jpg

Flickr album with mor details:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/r53/albums/72157698690928321/with/43186107535/

BTW, also got all Creative modulars so total 21 now. Next up are the Construction Site and LEGO shop from LEGO Ideas that got 10.000 votes but didn't make it as a set.

35462372716_c4f1bbcf6e_b.jpg

Edited by Berthil
Added Creative Modulars

Awesome display. Well done.

I have only finished the bike shop yet, although more are waiting to be bricklinked (€500 per full baseplate build?)

Did you change the orange facade color of the Havana cafe? (Maybe it’s just me not recognizing)

51 minutes ago, Sunseeker21 said:

Awesome display. Well done.

I have only finished the bike shop yet, although more are waiting to be bricklinked (€500 per full baseplate build?)

Did you change the orange facade color of the Havana cafe? (Maybe it’s just me not recognizing)

Thanks! Probably more than EUR 500, especially with rare parts. Luckily I already had 70% because I bought discounted sets with suitable bricks over the last 3 years.
Germany, Netherlands and U.S.A. okay to Bricklink, getting parts from other countries will add even more costs. To minimize shippings costs I Bricklinked all eight together.

Bike Shop was second for me when it comes to building pleasure so good choice. Boot Black I enjoyed building the most, so many clever interior details. I however replaced the trouser and sweaters on the glass top floor with an indoor garden, seemed more logical :)

The Orange facade of Havana Cafe is different, well recognized. I replaced the Medium Azure details with white because I dislike Medium Azure if too much is present :)
Same for Olive Green, I changed the left part of Old Town Pub to Sand Green.

Edited by Berthil

Wow they look incredible all together. Such a fantastic variety of styles and building techniques. It’s genuinely difficult to pick a favourite (though for me it’s probably a toss-up between the two on the far left, e.g. the Prague-esque pub, and the bike shop).

Cool to see if custom modulars are built! I have had quite a few people getting instructions for all my 9 modulars but I don‘t know if someone really built all of them. :)

All eight on the table, more than 27.000 bricks with an average of about 450 lots per modular.

30235005748_43efe8e4c8_b.jpg

Congratulations, they are nice builds.

I am also planning to add the Brickative’s full size modulars to my city layout (I don’t care for the 16x32 buildings, they seem not so interesting to me).

I am still collecting pieces for my first buildings. About 65% of the Hospital, which I will build first , followed by Bike Store, Old Pub and Bootblack Street (all of them are around 30-50% of the pieces bought). Since I am on South America, it is harder (and more expensive) to get the pieces. I will probably build the Havana Cafe too, although it looks a little different from the others. I still need to buy its instructions (when they will be back from their vacations, it is already mid-August!).

There is already another project that I am taking on the path to learn/master MOCing: I am trying to reproduce (in Lego) the builds from Xingbao Zhonghua Street series. I am trying to build them in LDD based on the photos and video reviews available online. The Chinese Pub is already fully rebuild on LDD, from which I made some color changes to be able to build in real bricks, plus some modifications of the parts I did not like (like the stairs). But those are really simpler builds that the regular modulars or the Brickative’s ones.

On 8/17/2018 at 6:15 PM, Berthil said:

Thanks! Probably more than EUR 500, especially with rare parts. Luckily I already had 70% because I bought discounted sets with suitable bricks over the last 3 years.
Germany, Netherlands and U.S.A. okay to Bricklink, getting parts from other countries will add even more costs. To minimize shippings costs I Bricklinked all eight together.

Bike Shop was second for me when it comes to building pleasure so good choice. Boot Black I enjoyed building the most, so many clever interior details. I however replaced the trouser and sweaters on the glass top floor with an indoor garden, seemed more logical :)

The Orange facade of Havana Cafe is different, well recognized. I replaced the Medium Azure details with white because I dislike Medium Azure if too much is present :)
Same for Olive Green, I changed the left part of Old Town Pub to Sand Green.

Hi, sorry for the late reply, but I have been to “incredible” India for work - definitively no cheap Lego there, but Eastern Europe I found also helpful when bricklinking.

Thats really lucky or rather well planned, I only have 5-10%, so the more complex ones will be painful for the wallet.

I also did a couple modulars from BrickCityDepot/BrickbuildersPro and there I had well over 50% before going on BrickLink.

The only modification I did with the BikeShop was putting an E instead of the L outside.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Sunseeker21 said:
New Brickative MOCs for the coming months...

I can wait, my fingers still hurt :)

Wow, very impressive!  I cannot believe you worked on all eight at the same time - such amazing ability to pick out the right piece among thousands!!