Sign in to follow this  
Aventador2004

[TC14] Catapultanium -Please merge

The Catapultanium:

After so may large and complicated models, I have decided to use a lighter, more structural approach. Hope you like it!

After 2 Months, this is my sketch:

800x600.jpg

The finished model simply uses paddles to launch. While this is not realistic, it gives the fun factor of seeing it fly. Video later today.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Original progress.

Thanks for looking! Comments are appreciated.

Edited by Aventador2004

I kind of liked your ratcheting system better than what you have now and I would have liked to see more detail... but the model is solid and the concept is unique and really cool.

Good luck!

2 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

I kind of liked your ratcheting system better than what you have now and I would have liked to see more detail... but the model is solid and the concept is unique and really cool.

Good luck!

I know, not to all tastes, but I think simple is much better right now. Also I do have a video in case anyone wants it. I don't think it is the best I can do, but it is something no one else is trying, and I want it to take the least amount of parts, still look realistic, and function fine.

Edited by Aventador2004

Considering I gave up on this contest you can pay no attention to my comment, but the other first version was way more promising and technic. This one does not seem very technic to me.

:sad:

Well, it seems like I will be doing some redesigns anyway. Thank you for comments.

I think I agree, this is a little too functionless, so making it launch mechanically is a good idea.

It's a fun little mechanism, but it's not much of a ride at the moment. The paddle-operated function is neat, but if that's the only function, it feels a bit too simple.

Also, there's no entrance or exit, there's no restraint. No gates, no floor. The base very small, so it looks unstable. Also, for some reason, you seem to have removed the little paneling and detailing (red axles) the WIP had. It looks like a proof of concept, not a finished model.

I'm sure you can do better ;) And there's still a lot of time. Use it :)

Also, I was expecting some kind of a launching mechanism. I thought this was some sort of a bungee ride, so I was expecting an elastic string, and then something to "hold" the seat when another mechanism builds the tension by rolling up the string, and then the hook can be released and the seat shoots upward. Then you'd have more of a Technic functionality, and more of a ride, with an "operating" state and an "idle" state, and then it will also make more sense to add gates and such, that can then be used to denote the state. (gates open = idle state).

Okay, thanks for criticizing me. It seems I needed some motivation and I and definitely getting some from you guys. 2 weeks is plenty. Thanks!  

I agree with @Erik Leppen, what you've posted here almost seems like a step backwards... I'm sure you can do better, so don't stop building :thumbup:

I also think this topic should probably be merged with the original topic...