ParmBrick

[MOC] Lego Orbital Kinetic Strike Satellite

This Orbital Kinetic Strike Satellite, belongs to APOPHIS constellation. This military satellite constellation makes use of special secret-satellite-super-weapons to annihilate objective on Earth: bunker, shelters, hangars, vehicles, buildings, aircrafts, ships, cruise missiles, ICBMs. Operate surgical operations, or devastating attacks. This satellite use 8 electromagnetic rail-gun to shot very hard tungsten carbide rode, accelerate to Mach 20. The destructive effects of this weapon is very substantial compared to other super-weapons of APOPHIS constellation. To maintain and correct orbit this satellite use hydrazine trusters, while satellite systems are powered by two large photovoltaic panel. Cannons are powered by fuel cells, that after 16 shots are exhausted.

42952979164_3e7e609a84_c.jpgLego Orbital Kinetic Strike Satellite (1) by Jordan Parmegiani, su Flickr

43669472621_70192383e5_c.jpgLego Orbital Kinetic Strike Satellite (2) by Jordan Parmegiani, su Flickr

29799445998_7377209c3e_c.jpgLego Orbital Kinetic Strike Satellite (3) by Jordan Parmegiani, su Flickr

I like this design a lot, and I like the use of the gold pieces.

I'm also a fan of the idea of satellite based weapons such as the GDI ion cannon from Command and Conquer. I take it this is based off of the idea of a relativistic kill vehicle or RKV? It uses a planet's gravity well to accelerate the projectiles, not needing as much power to launch them.

Is there going to be some ground based companion? Like a spotter unit or smaller targeting drone?

Hi! Thank you for the feedback! Yes the idea is just that of an RKV, a concept spacecraft not too far from actual days and technologies, and maybe already in use. Regarding identify threats on ground, i have already a grond laser targeting vehicle, my LAV-25 ATHENA (see Special LEGO themes), and an air targeting vehicle, my Stealth UCAV (I will soon post pictures).

Just got back from checking out your other builds and they look awesome. Can't wait for the stealth build, will you be keeping the same colour scheme or going for a darker tone? Usually when I build future based stealth vehicles and crafts I go for the opposite, building in yellow, orange or white with grey and black elements, from it's got stealth technology or a cloaking device it won't need the camouflage!