brunojj1

[MOC] McLaren P1 hypercar 1:8 manual & RC w/ instructions

On 11/23/2018 at 3:26 PM, bodmin said:

...Can anyone advise if it’s possible to open an LDD file on an iPad?

I've not found a satisfactory way to open LDD files on my iPad but if you have an Android tablet or mobile (with a decent size screen) you should give Buf3d+ a try. You can find it in the play store. It can handle LDD & LDraw files, has a lot of features for an app and is  updated fairly often.

On 11/23/2018 at 1:05 AM, brunojj1 said:

In the meanwhile one can consider the following brick built options, the best possible alternatives I managed to come up with.

Could this work? (Sorry if this has been suggested already)

32231600618_b7c5036235.jpg

I'm not sure if there is anything to attach the mudguard to, but it seems to be close in size and shape to #6797, and it is available in dark bluish gray.

UPD: It has since become available in light bluish gray as well.

Edited by imvanya
Updated information

1 hour ago, imvanya said:

I'm not sure if there is anything to attach the mudguard to, but it seems to be close in size and shape to #6797, and it is available in dark bluish gray.

Nice find, I guess it should work as well :thumbup:. For my proposals I worked only with parts I´ve had at hand. That´s what I´m talking about, nobody should whine about 1 missing part, just be creative instead.

This car looks spectacular! Still I always keep my reservations without knowing the building quality or ingenuity of the model. Nonetheless I congratulate you with this great achievement. I don't know if I would have the patience to work that long on one model...

12 hours ago, imvanya said:

Great find. Ordered!

On 11/29/2018 at 6:06 PM, NKubate said:

This car looks spectacular! Still I always keep my reservations without knowing the building quality or ingenuity of the model. Nonetheless I congratulate you with this great achievement. I don't know if I would have the patience to work that long on one model...

Thanks man, it means a lot to me! Quality is some undefined standard nowadays, depends what to compare. However, I can´t say I´m there where I want to be - so I need some more patience :wink:.

On 11/29/2018 at 7:10 PM, AFOLegofan66 said:

Thanks for sharing :thumbup:!

Here some more entertainment for you guys - my personal review of the knock-off version from darkland. Beware of changing the sides!

PLEASE RESPECT THE EB GUIDELINES AND DON´T DISCUSS IT HERE!

That was way worse than expected. I think the worst part is the doors. Since when does the P1 have scissor doors? :look:

I do like that white version with chrome gold rims though... 

8 hours ago, KD123 said:

Is that white version the highly anticipated RC version?

+1. How's going with RC version?
Can you mention available colors?

Hi Brunojj, first of all I would like to say how much I admire the P1 MOC you have created! I have already bought the instructions and have all pieces except the infamous exhaust but will figure out sth for sure. 

I wanted to note that lepin rip offs are already being sold on UK ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lego-Technic/123533668851?hash=item1cc32e31f3%3Ag%3AW6cAAOSwwtdcC8nn&LH_Auction=1

I think the only thing we can do is to report such items as counterfeit. 

Im sad for your awesome work being copied without your permission and any credit. 

Keep up the good job! Cant wait to see the PF version of the P1! 

1 hour ago, Ivorrr said:

Thank you for your feedback, enjoy it! 

I´m full aware of what´s going on, that´s why I made the video. I can´t help it otherways, overcome it already and don´t care anymore about it. So there is no need to report anything, it´s a fight against windmills. 

Edited by brunojj1

On 11/29/2018 at 3:33 PM, imvanya said:

For a pinhead, like me, what Part Numbers are this parts ?

thanks guys

3 hours ago, I_Igor said:

It is this one with tile above

Yes, that is what I was suggesting. The 4x1 plate is better in that it doesn't have the groove like the tile, but the studs will be visible in the exhaust:

46304809761_7cbf9266fa_n.jpg

There could be another advantage if it could hold the mudguard in place, though I suspect that it can't. However, please keep in mind that I make these assumptions based just on what I can see in digital LEGO tools, so I am equally interested as to how it works in the brick :classic:

Edited by imvanya
Explanatory image added

On 12/14/2018 at 12:46 AM, Jeroen Ottens said:

Could this be a good opportunity to use a minifig stand plate instead of the 4x1 tile? The 4x3 plate with four studs in the center?

Unfortunately, the colors in which both 88646 (4x3 plate/modified tile) and 28326 (mudguard) come are black and orange. Of course, if you decide to chrome them, which some people considered for the piece being replaced, it would not make much difference :wink: And if the airscoop is actually 4x4 studs, as Bricklink suggests, 6179 (4x4 plate/modified tile with 4 studs) that does come is DBG could also work, and any studs and 28326 to 6179 connection will be hidden deeper inside.

What actually might not work are the studs on the upper side of the mudguard, I haven't been able to tell from the photos if there is enough clearance.

UPD: the pieces have since become available in a few other matching colors – red, white and, most importantly, light bluish gray.

Edited by imvanya
Updated information

I've been following this thread for several months now and i am super excited to begin building my first MOC. 

I will let you guess what colour i will be choosing - i think it will be finished by early Jan in between work and Holidays!

Thanks to those involved :) 

PS - sorry about picture quality due to size limit. 

Just now, nahpets said:

I've been following this thread for several months now and i am super excited to begin building my first MOC. 

I will let you guess what colour i will be choosing - i think it will be finished by early Jan in between work and Holidays!

Webp.net-compress-image.thumb.jpg.22b4315ecb1eafe979c54177f34d7b49.jpg

1 hour ago, Belair58 said:

Did anybody has a idea how to make the red tube shine ?

my first Idea was http://www.leuchtschnur.de/ but you need to much electronics to get that work.

I´ve been thinking a lot about this issue as well. Unfortunately I found no possibility to make it happen. The only expert who comes into my mind who has the potential to solve an issue like this perfectly is @Sariel IMHO :blush:...

13 minutes ago, nahpets said:

It means a lot to me to make you happy, especially given the fact you are patiently waiting for original Lego parts :thumbup::thumbup:. You can start with the chassis already - a long way to go, especially considering the level of difficulty, if this is your first MOC to accomplish. Enjoy it and take you time for the adjustments to make everything work smoothly :wink:.

You don´t need to host pictures at EB, just upload them somewhere else and post direct .jpg links (max. 1K wide).

Edited by brunojj1