brunojj1

[MOC] McLaren P1 hypercar 1:8 manual & RC w/ instructions

Hi @brunojj1,

I just bought the instructions to this great MOC and am excited to start the build. I went through the inventory list on Rebrickable and saw partnumber 32200 in the color white. This part is, as far as I can see, not referenced in the manual. I also saw that the part 32200 orange is missing in the inventory list on Rebrickable. If you use the Porsche 42056 as a donor set, you don't have to use extra parts of 32200 in orange. Just a heads up and please correct me if I'm wrong! :D

Edited by johpr

Hi @johpr! Welcome to EB. I´m ashamed about this error - how could I miss that?... I´ve added the orange flex hoses to the inventory of course. Thanks for your attention and enjoy your build!

On 2/1/2019 at 5:21 PM, brunojj1 said:

Hi @johpr! Welcome to EB. I´m ashamed about this error - how could I miss that?... I´ve added the orange flex hoses to the inventory of course. Thanks for your attention and enjoy your build!

Hi @brunojj1, I see you've added the 32200 orange to the part list, but the white version is also still on the list. Is the white version also required?

Edited by johpr

It´s not needed in the orange version of course. I have no idea how it happened, probably the color had changed at some time due to an error in the software / coding, otherwise somebody would have registered it half a year ago... Thanks for your attention!

Edited by brunojj1

On 11/19/2018 at 10:33 PM, LvdH said:

A brick built alternative would be your only option, until you get lucky if someone offers a cheap one on Bricklink. By the way, orange #3 connectors are coming back very soon, in 2019 :wink: 

2019 already and there doesn’t seem to be any price or availability movement on the #3 orange connectors 

28 minutes ago, bodmin said:

2019 already and there doesn’t seem to be any price or availability movement on the #3 orange connectors 

They are 29 cents each directly from LEGO. 

10 hours ago, LvdH said:

They are 29 cents each directly from LEGO. 

Thank you so much for this information!

I am currently buying the pieces to build this. It's my understanding that in the exhaust alternative that their is a very light blueish gray piece. Has lego made a new color or is this just to highlight the differences in the exhausts? Also, how do you lower the body of the car down onto the suspension in order to reduce the gap the body and the tire? Your help is appreciated.  

Another one off the production line!

Enjoyable, but very intricate build. Most challenging yet for me.

Just need a few missing parts, the red rear light bar which is ex-Bugatti, and the orange #3 connectors which I have on order.

Even managed to buy the exhaust bucket for a very reasonable price (11.5 Euro + 7 Euro shipping)

Thanks again to Brunojj1 for his genius.

5-B11-BCB8-EDCF-4-E55-B2-D7-33-F8-FBF6-E

3112095-C-B995-483-B-8-DE6-C23-E2-FABF58

E563-F664-9973-4-D40-AE55-E9407-CC83-EA4

Edited by bodmin

4 minutes ago, pagicence said:

So, I came across this little thing, and I was wondering if brunojj1 would dare to modify his beauty into this beast?

jacked-up-porsche-918-spyder-fights-lift

I'm sensing a theme...

Is the parts list the same for the McLaren P1 hypercar manual build and the McLaren RC version? If not what parts are different? I am trying to gather the pieces before purchasing the instructions. 

43 minutes ago, tomlegoNC said:

Is the parts list the same for the McLaren P1 hypercar manual build and the McLaren RC version? If not what parts are different? I am trying to gather the pieces before purchasing the instructions. 

They are not the same. You can use the compare feature of rebrickable.com to find the differences.

Edited by johpr

Hi,

If I show my reciept of purchase can I get the digital file sent to me in a PM. I have PM'd the reciept already to save time.

I cannot really mod it without the useful features of LDCAD such as part grouping and being able to overlap parts just for ease of use when designing (obvioustly not possible in ldd or real life)

I ask because I wanna add a 7 speed RC gearbox in place of some of the motors of the 4 motor drive layout option. I think that would be cool.

it may have manual paddles like the chiron but these don't get moved by the shifter motor because of a stepper mechanism.

Regards, Snipe

Edited by SNIPE

I have built the RC version of this fantastic MOC and I've been reading this thread for a while.

I've got a solution for the light up tail lights so I signed up to post some pictures.

2-BA45-C6-A-F5-A5-4-CFC-814-D-16246-B302

72-E47397-EFE4-4460-848-D-61-C965-B8632-

This is a light bar from Light My Bricks from their Bugatti Chiron Light Set.

The 20cm long light bar has a light source at each end so it can be cut in half to make two.

5496-A430-7-A63-43-B5-AB11-07-C26176-FD3

0077875-D-E4-D9-4623-BB38-15-E5330466-E1

It looks a bit pink in these photos but it really is red.

Light My Bricks also sell the power functions cable in the above pictures and micro LED bit lights I have used for the lower parts of the tail lights and the high mount brake light.

They currently don't sell this light bar as a separate component on their website but when I emailed them to ask they offered to sell me one for AU$12 by emailing me an invoice.

5 hours ago, WjLiv said:

I have built the RC version of this fantastic MOC and I've been reading this thread for a while.

I've got a solution for the light up tail lights so I signed up to post some pictures.

Hi

I'm glad to see these pictures of you, because I'm doing the same thing, but I haven't installed them on the car yet. I'll show them when I finish.:wink:

@WjLiv

@WjLiv: Welcome to EB and thanks a lot for sharing! Nice fact - it has been designed for the Bugatti and so it can be simply used in my car as well, same as the red rigid hose which came out almost too late, but then saved the rear end because the original version with the light bars didn´t satisfy me at all. It´s a great MOD, the best possible solution :thumbup:! Did you use regular Lego LEDs for the rest?

Edited by brunojj1

@brunojj1 I'm glad you like this solution, and I agree that is interesting that both of our solutions are lined to the Bugatti Chiron.

I used the Lego Power Functions LED's for the front and interior lights as per the MOC instructions. The car was fully built when I added the rear lights so it was easier to use the shorter and thinner Light My Bricks LED's for all of the rear lights.

Hi Bruno. Just a few words to say that I find this model really amazing, and it's soon gonna be my first moc (20 y after my last set). I ll go for a manual version I guess, since the max speed seems limited (maybe 2x buwizz ?). Thx for keeping the dream alive ?

Hi Brunojj1

My Dark Azure RC version has finally been completed, and some minor modifications have been made. The gull wing door has become the mode of simultaneous switch on both sides. The biggest change is the lamp part. The headlamp part is composed of three sets of LED lights and two sets of turning lights, while the taillight part is composed of two independent red and yellow double-color LED lights and light guide tubes. Electricity is supplied by two BUWIZZ. When the servo motor works, the front steering light and the taillight will flash like a real car. Here I show some pictures. I hope you like them.

20190403005028.jpg

20190403005031.jpg

20190403005034.jpg

20190403005038.jpg

20190403005041.jpg

20190403005021.jpg

20190403005815.jpg

20190403005008.jpg

On 4/2/2019 at 6:44 PM, key5277 said:

The gull wing door has become the mode of simultaneous switch on both sides.

Hi,

How does this work? does it open both doors at the same time if the switch is in the middle position? and left and right doors if the switch is in the respective position to that door. I always wanted to add a motor per door so that you can do it completley remotley but idk if that's possible.

I did manage to easily replace the engine with Diederik van Leeuwen's w16 engine :)

Love the dark azure version of it! Now I will need to buy the whole pack to recolour it from orange...

18 hours ago, SNIPE said:

Hi,

How does this work? does it open both doors at the same time if the switch is in the middle position?.......

Hi   

I replaced the switching part in the middle of the door with 48496 to change the rotation direction of the driving shaft of the two doors, so that the two doors can switch at the same time. But this is not perfect, because this structure reduces the gear ratio. If the motor does not have enough power to open the door, I will modify the structure and increase the gear ratio. The design of @brunojj1 makes full use of it. There is room for no more motors, or you can abandon the chassis lifting function to achieve independent control of the left and right doors, or you can use the two L motors under the false engine to drive the chassis lifting. As for the W 16 engine you mentioned, it must be modified. I believe that nothing is impossible.

https://bricksafe.com/files/key5277/mclaren-p1/rc-version/20190405093707.jpg

video show

12 hours ago, Ivorrr said:

Love the dark azure version of it! Now I will need to buy the whole pack to recolour it from orange...

Thank you. Other colours are just as beautiful.

Edited by key5277

Hi, so I want to purchase the pieces for this MOC, but where do I purchase the instructions for it? Thanks in advance!