brunojj1

[MOC] McLaren P1 hypercar 1:8 manual & RC w/ instructions

On 6/30/2020 at 8:22 AM, Seely said:

Hello,

Does someone know which rear Spoiler its build on following pictures of the P1? Is there any manual instruction for this Version?

30984_ZxuLLaK.jpg

30984_1ceQ5NY.jpg

30984_xulK292.jpg

i think i found your spoiler.

it's made from the dodge viper acr

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/159455-dodge-viper-acr-instructions/

some changes has been made but it looks almost the same

3 minutes ago, SpiritNL said:

i think i found your spoiler.

it's made from the dodge viper acr

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/159455-dodge-viper-acr-instructions/

some changes has been made but it looks almost the same

Thanks, yes, Peter Schrott has already told me.

Here‘s my Result 

50468403361_77f189ab3a_b.jpg

Edited by Seely

Looking good.

I am collecting all the pieces to make the black p1. 
looking forward to it

I have been working away on the Mclaren P1 HyperCar - Manual Version for the last couple of months. Progress has slowed somewhat due to wanting for wheels and #13 & #14 Panels having to be sent from the Northern Hemisphere, stocks have run out down under. 
This has been an awesome build, a lot of detail especially in the back end - the rear wing works well connected to steering. Had to run with an alternate exhaust at this stage.

There a lot of Technic panels, around 130, these took a few Bricklink orders to round up from Australia and Singapore, almost sacrificed a recently completed Porsche 911 Carrera - but that will live another day.

50717739722_cc8af12446_c_d.jpg

Replaced the Liftarm with Minifigure Swords to slimline the window wipers.

50717723506_8da67ccd4c_c_d.jpg

Congratulations to Brunojj1 on his fantastic 1:8 Mclaren P1 HyperCar, looks great in the big car line up. Might have to add Charbel’s Mclaren 720S to the fleet too.

Edited by LegoHoops

Now it's all ok, we have Fix the problem.

Edited by Tiox

18 hours ago, Tiox said:

Hi. my English is not so good. I accidentally bought the wrong assembly instructions for the McLaren from Bruno's store. I need the RC version. Bruno hasn't called back for 3 days. I don't know what to do now. :-(

This is not the right place to complain. Sorry @moderators, I don´t mind you to lock down this topic.

Edited by brunojj1

On 6/30/2020 at 8:22 AM, Seely said:

Hello,

Does someone know which rear Spoiler its build on following pictures of the P1? Is there any manual instruction for this Version?

30984_ZxuLLaK.jpg

30984_1ceQ5NY.jpg

30984_xulK292.jpg

I'd actually wanna know how the exhaust pipes are set up 😊 I'm really digging them 

Just to complete the history of this MOC: the brand who got my exclusive signature for this design is named Carolyn´s. The production series are rather small as far as I´m concerned, along with a version in black and one in red (which looks awful). Unfortunately I haven´t got any sample from them, so I was tempted to buy one in yellow, but resisted, having gathered enough parts already.

640x477.png

Edited by brunojj1

18 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

Just to complete the history of this MOC: the brand who got my exclusive signature for this design is named Carolyn´s. 

640x477.png

I signed with them my Grosser Mercedes 770 in 2020, also small limited series. BUt still don't know if it was produced already or not.

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-14807/OleJka/grosser-mercedes-benz-770/#details

On 10/13/2020 at 11:21 AM, Seely said:

Thanks, yes, Peter Schrott has already told me.

Here‘s my Result 

50468403361_77f189ab3a_b.jpg

Hi, could you share how you made the rear wing? I built it based on photos, and it is half a stud wider on each side, so it doesn't connect right to the "linear actuator" 

20220411_175721.jpg

EDIT: took a while, but I've managed to fix it

Edited by KKO

Hi Guys

Just nearing the end of this static build but wanting to add a lighting kit to it as I have with my other Technic builds. I've scoured the net and I am unable to source a lighting kit for this but note the powered version has lights. Has anyone got a link to a lighting set for this or the parts I require?

Thanks in advance F

@Flobadobbob Hi, there are several ways to customize this. A pair LED in the front is easy. The rear lights can´t be illuminated by regular LED kits, obviously. If you search this thread, you can learn a lot of stuff and get some DIY ideas from others. I can´t recommend any online stores because I haven´t seen a proper lighting kit made especially for this car which I´d like to buy.

Finally got my lights sorted after much internet searching. Looked at the light options listed in the pages prior for the rear light. Light My Bricks wanted £35 just for the one rear light for the Bugatti!!!

In the end I took a gamble and purchased the base Lighting kit for the Bugatti from game of bricks. LEGO Bugatti Chiron 42083 Light Kit (gameofbricks.eu). With the GOB10 code knocked the whole lighting set to £16 delivered. 1 week later it arrived but it appeared the rear light strip was actually a strip of red leds behind the red tube. Doh! But I soldiered on and used the 8 single front light sets for the rear and am very pleased with the result :-)

Rears used all but 2 of the Bugatti front white lights and existing red tubes, LEDs fit straight in the red tube supports.

2 sets of the Bugatti rear light strips trimmed for the brake lights held on with tape

Engine bay I used the adhesive backed blue light set 

Interior the adhesive backed white set

Front used the last 2 remaining Bugatti front white lights sat in the technic light pieces without adhesive.

To make the front look better I've ordered 2 more front LEDs but some how blagged these for free through misunderstanding emails and language barrier :-)

Img_6018.jpg

Pic of whole car with light sets

Img_5983.jpg