brunojj1

[MOC] McLaren P1 hypercar 1:8 manual & RC w/ instructions

Hi Drew5354,

You can find the Manual version here: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-16915/brunojj1/mclaren-p1-hypercar-18-manual-version-only-/#bi

and the RC version here: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-20674/brunojj1/moc-mclaren-p1-hypercar-18-rc-version-only-/#comments

Go to the Building Instructions for which ever version you would like and follow the links to purchase the instructions.

57 minutes ago, VellaMage said:

@brunojj1 Are you still selling instructions for this beautiful moc?

Just scroll up ONE. COMMENT. The links are right there.

@brunojj1 as I prep to start this build and reviewing the instructions a few times, can you go into more detail of how you synchronize the suspension (mainly what it should look like when properly done) and what you mean about setting up the air brake. Thank you in advance and can't wait to get this build complete as it is one of my favorite cars out there. 

Air brake.JPG

Suspension 2.JPG

Suspension.JPG

@lego_tactics The synchronisation is easy theoretically, but take your time to level it right. The front axle is a bit tricky because it has some play (the chassis is not rigid in some areas at this stage). Start at one end, wind it up or down to the max at one side and then the other. Then add the knob wheels left and right of the yellow one, while trying not to compromise the heights on one of the sides by turning them. Then wind everything up by turning the orange centre axle - let´s say up to the middle position. If both sides are horizontal, everything is ok. If not, play around until you´re satisfied. Same for the rear axle - it´s easier to do it here, you have simply to pull out the 8L axle w/ stop and reinstall the knob gear to get it equal. On the first picture you have shown the final adjustment between front and rear axle which can be adjusted individually, disconnecting them by pulling out the 5L axle by 1 stud.

The air brake is admittedly hard to put together. But once assembled, you just have to find the middle position by moving the grey 16t gear on the bottom of the car which I called the airbrake activator and find the neutral position from where it will have the same travel while turning the steering wheel left or right. Don´t worry, I´m sure you´ll get the idea and find out everything during the assembly :wink:.

Edited by brunojj1

On 4/2/2019 at 6:44 PM, key5277 said:

Hi Brunojj1

My Dark Azure RC version has finally been completed, and some minor modifications have been made. The gull wing door has become the mode of simultaneous switch on both sides. The biggest change is the lamp part. The headlamp part is composed of three sets of LED lights and two sets of turning lights, while the taillight part is composed of two independent red and yellow double-color LED lights and light guide tubes. Electricity is supplied by two BUWIZZ. When the servo motor works, the front steering light and the taillight will flash like a real car. Here I show some pictures. I hope you like them.

20190403005028.jpg

20190403005031.jpg

20190403005034.jpg

20190403005038.jpg

20190403005041.jpg

20190403005021.jpg

20190403005815.jpg

20190403005008.jpg

Hi pal, great job you did with this colour and lights! Can you tell me how you was able to build it like this cos I noticed that some of the parts aren't available in dark azure colour - for example hose soft axle 12. 

16 hours ago, MattVanSaber said:

Hi pal, great job you did with this colour and lights! Can you tell me how you was able to build it like this cos I noticed that some of the parts aren't available in dark azure colour - for example hose soft axle 12

Hi  MattVanSaber

This color needs to be changed in many small places, replaced by the only dark azure parts. As for the hose  soft axle 12 you mentioned, I can only use scissors to cut it in the front part of the car. The other parts do not destroy the other parts any more.

3 hours ago, lego_tactics said:

Hi key5277

Where can you purchase the tail light bars that you added to light up?

Hi  @lego_tactics

It's simple to just light the taillight. It only needs a transparent hose of 4MM diameter and a red LED light at each end of the hose. I use red and yellow LED light source, only need a transparent hose to achieve the effect of yellow steering lights and red brake lights, which can be purchased in real car decoration stores. Thank you for liking it.

Edited by key5277

I've finally had the time to apply the finishing touches and minor modifications for my P1

Big thanks to Bruno and the others for mod inspirations 

Follow the Link for more pictures 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/162974451@N07/albums/72157711058980218/with/48792376046/

Cheers

48792376046_f37430bc2b_c.jpg

48792494807_6d9ae59e86_c.jpg

48792018243_dee701670e_c.jpg

48792516872_8e4a1ff422_c.jpg

48791990608_2f1bc617f5_c.jpg48792493987_eccf4101dd_c.jpg48792013168_3062e4c1a1_c.jpg

Edited by nahpets
Added in photos

hi guys, I was wondering whether these wheel caps are custom made parts?

I couldn't find them listed in the inventory, and I'm looking for some nice fitting caps for my Mclaren.

Thanks!

cap.jpg

1 hour ago, gethema said:

I couldn't find them listed in the inventory, and I'm looking for some nice fitting caps for my Mclaren.

Thanks!

Looks like this part to me. The recent Porsche 911 RSR set had similar caps as well, actually.

Edited by imvanya

7 hours ago, gethema said:

I couldn't find them listed in the inventory, and I'm looking for some nice fitting caps for my Mclaren

It´s simply the lower part of the mini antenna :laugh:, you might have them lying around for decades..

4592c02.png

On 10/22/2019 at 4:44 PM, brunojj1 said:

It´s simply the lower part of the mini antenna :laugh:, you might have them lying around for decades..

Haha! Brilliant, yet simple and clever solution!

Would have never thought of that :laugh:

Thank you! :thumbup:

HELP

I just bought the instructions and have gotten pretty far but having trouble with motor combination. I combined the xl and l motor on separate channels but one channel works while the other channel the gears are grinding and popping off, not good. What am I doing wrong? Is It a polarity issue? If I combine the xl motors together and l motors together and put them on separate channels works fine but I don't think that right. 

I am using anolog remote controls. I do have 1 Buwizz remote that I didn't think I could just use the one. The receiver had 4 channels and is one piece. It goes to a 2.4 remote, I was using 2 of them to get 8 channels, any suggestions. 

Hi @mschaap , welcome to EB. Although I must say if you are using clone parts you are in the wrong forum. My car was designed with Lego parts and the only considarable third party components were BuWizz and SBrick - there the motors are combined on the same channel and no problems.