brunojj1

[MOC] McLaren P1 hypercar 1:8 manual & RC w/ instructions

23 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

Didn´t you want to try yourself some day? You may use and adapt some of my chassis components. All it needs is some 3.000 parts, not a big deal for a MOC from you :laugh:...

Well i tried several times, the chassis it's not the real problem, it's all the rest that worry me. I have, from several month now, a chassis of an Alfa 155 DTM completed (well it start to be a Delta S4, but that's another story), and now I don't have a clue from where to start, especially if I had to compare my work with yours. At the end a truck is mostly a parallelepiped!:laugh:

On 8/28/2018 at 8:17 PM, Charbel said:

.. keep doing my 720s...

:thumbup:

On 8/29/2018 at 1:11 PM, duskrikk said:

Being a total AFOL noob I'm still plucking up the courage to start on the Porsche 911 kit which I bought as my very first build, since finding this forum I've got into the details and read all the improvements people have found and am ordering the additional pieces as per the errata Didumos69 compiled.......oh and also the GT3RS stickers.

Of course, take your time and enjoy the Porsche, I don´t mind :wink:.

On 8/29/2018 at 5:31 PM, Lucio Switch said:

Well i tried several times, the chassis it's not the real problem, it's all the rest that worry me. I have, from several month now, a chassis of an Alfa 155 DTM completed (well it start to be a Delta S4, but that's another story), and now I don't have a clue from where to start, especially if I had to compare my work with yours. At the end a truck is mostly a parallelepiped!:laugh:

You mean this one? Come on, you don´t need to compare anything, just let it go! This one seems pretty parallelepiped as well :grin:.. Also waiting to see your your next truck giant.

1240117439m_SPLASH.jpg

15 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

:thumbup:

Of course, take your time and enjoy the Porsche, I don´t mind :wink:.

You mean this one? Come on, you don´t need to compare anything, just let it go! This one seems pretty parallelepiped as well :grin:.. Also waiting to see your your next truck giant.

1240117439m_SPLASH.jpg

Maybe not this one, but yes the model is this.

Don't get me wrong, the comparison would be a personal thing to be satisfied by what I built.
Yes, it's pretty squared, but I think that (takin the picture you posted as example) it needs the rib on the bonnet and the same on the sides, otherwise it would appear as a soap box, more than the real car already is.
I didn't gave up, but you will see a new truck before it for sure....I just have to finish the BI of the Dakar Truck and than back at work on a new MOC...or, since my porsche is partially dismanteled and the manual version of your Moc....:wink:

Unintentionally I´ve contributed to the scarcity of orange #3 connectors :cry_sad:... There is a total number of 15x in my model. 

However, 7x of them can be saved without compromising things too much:

- 4x brake calipers: can be made in red e.g., thankfully the red #3 connectors aren´t rare anymore. Or LBG/DBG, or whatever.

- the one in the middle of the hood can be made LBG like in the example

- 2x above the wheelhouse can be replaced by #1 connectors, leaving a neglectable gap.

800x650.jpg

Edited by brunojj1

You could also change two at the hood/bonnet to #1, so you only need 6. It also leaves a small gap, but maybe a #4 or #2 will fit and that would fill up a bit. I’ve already got the #3s luckily, 12 total, doing blue brakes, all I still need is a Porsche and I’ll be ready to build :laugh:

Very nice MOC !

So beautiful, that all parts are in order :wub:

Look forward to building it !

Edited by Mickael

7 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

Unintentionally I´ve contributed to the scarcity of orange #3 connectors :cry_sad:...  

Oh noes... Not yet another MOC to blame for #3 connector scarcity :/

lucky for me I bought a lot of orange parts a few years ago when a lot of these rare parts were available...almost finished this fantastic car!!

Wow. This is by far one of the best looking technic cars to date in my eyes.

But then i love McLaren and P1 is an awesome car.

Well done and this would be so nice to have on the shelf at home.

A bit late, but all I can say is wow. This is a new standard for what can be done with Technic bodywork. Think my Porsche will have to go for this, if I can get past those rare pieces

Any news on the RC version instructions? I wanna buy it soo badly :classic:.

Edited by SNIPE

17 hours ago, SNIPE said:

Any news on the RC version instructions? I wanna buy it soo badly :classic:.

We´re still far away from finish. Pretty no one can immagine how hard Thorsten´s work is. He´s assembled the digital model already, but the stepping is the difficult part. At the moment we are at chassis module no. 1 of 7. 

640x169.jpgP1-a_page_24.png

1 hour ago, DugaldIC said:

Just a heads up @brunojj1 it looks like lepin has stole your P1 and they will be releasing it in October. 

Thanks, of course I knew already, having a bad day. Bravo, genious communist work all together! I´m not feeling honored at all, rather like being robbed and abused... It´s devastating :sad: ...

Edited by brunojj1

1 hour ago, brunojj1 said:

Thanks, of course I knew already, having a bad day. Bravo, genious communist work all together! I´m not feeling honored at all, rather like being robbed and abused... It´s devastating :sad: ...

I'm sorry this kind of thing has happened to you and many other builders.  Some of the photos on the video seem to look like yours.  Maybe you have video removed for copyright infringement?

Shaking my head in disappointment and at a loss of words of what to say.  This is just not right. 

1 hour ago, Meatman said:

The worst part about the stolen Lepin model is that they do not have it built correctly and the promo pictures look God awful.

Next to the bad feelings here one single fun fact which makes me laugh :laugh_hard:: they couldn´t copy the exhaust because they seem not to have the mold for this part.. It looks ridiculous and the renders are so cruel, I don´t know what to say... Another point: they have added some 400+ parts count compared to the original and I have no idea what they are used for...

13 minutes ago, technic_addict said:

I'm sorry this kind of thing has happened to you and many other builders.  Some of the photos on the video seem to look like yours.  Maybe you have video removed for copyright infringement?

I have reported the video, but don´t want to file this bureaucratic stuff at YT. No time for loosers.

7 minutes ago, KD123 said:

Shaking my head in disappointment and at a loss of words of what to say.  This is just not right. 

Thanks. They won´t kill my fun and creativity, but the bad side is - I have very little motivation to offer instructions in the future.

29 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

Thanks. They won´t kill my fun and creativity, but the bad side is - I have very little motivation to offer instructions in the future.

it would be a shame but understandable.  Another possible solution is to offer instructions on a one by one basis and get information to whom you are selling to.

I know it is much more work but it should help.  It still may not stop them as they may just reverse engineer from pictures.