TitusV

Lion's Gate

One of the many smaller gates leading to Granoleon's harbour. After the Juniper War and the capital's fast expansion, ground prices exploded and people used every bit of space they could find. Hence, commercial activities took over, though remnants of it's military purposes can still be spotted...

43330659604_57c6a64d68_h.jpg

In Granoleon's port district, everything can be bought: from good old MAESTRO apples to exotic spices sold by merchant convoys from the far Mokolei Empire. Unlucky for this trader, everything can be stolen as well!

44049184501_37683d59cb_h.jpg

The district is both plagued and boosted by the many docked ships not that far away. This pharmacist has found a great public in sailors with scurvy, while the cartographer next door supplies captains with the newest trade routes.

29112142387_cc74190a4a_h.jpg

Pierre Lavalette Genaro,  Intendant Général des Finances , and Berart Mazan, Secrétaire d’État des Colonies are discussing the latest exploration voyage, while Seigneur Hugo d'Offren already seems to be planning the next one.

29112137377_39013c5fd6_h.jpg

Though no longer a capital entrance to Oleon's prime city, the guards still keep a close watch to make sure no Corringtonlander makes it's way to the ineer city!

44049190911_615e1baaea_h.jpg

His Majesty's Knights keeps a close eye too, though this one seems to prefer watching Oleander beauties over Corringtonlander enemies.

44049197211_af1e906974_h.jpg

The proud guard (probably the part I like the most about the MOC)!

43330631304_1787b5ddf3_h.jpg

----

Though transformed to a fleshie castle build so I could enter the SJ collab category with it, the MOC was meant to finally get me at least a little bit active in BoBS again. I wanted to depict a 15th or 16th century city district, not very prosperous but close enough to the harbour to profit from it's commercial activities.

Credits to A LOT of guys, I borrowed hundreds of techniques and was inspired by so many great builders like Legopard, LJ, Gideon, ZC, blackdeathgr (who also showed great patience, when I told him for the tenth time my build would be finished any day now), [insert people I've forgotten]. I hope you enjoy and CC is of course very welcome!

Nice! I'd like to build up a bit of Granoleon myself, but I might wait until the main campaign heads back to the old country...

Fantastic build @TitusV and good to see you in BoBS territory again. I love all the detailing and how the MOC springs forth from the castle gate. This really ended up looking great, and I love the old world feel. 

Interestingly enough, I'm working on a build in Belson, and my vision of the old world is very different than yours. (Think early 19th century London for mine.)  It's funny how the age of sail extends through so many eras, allowing so many different builds. 

Anyways, this build is great and I'd love to see more of Granoleon, and the old world. Keep up the great work!

Very nice build with many details and much nice techniques on a lot of parts. The minifigs are well picked too! 

Great to see you in BoBS again Titus, and this is a really nice Oleon build - particularly the tudor-style houses!  Nice creative layout too, and I really like the roof line variety and the different balconies! :thumbup: 

Nice!  I must say, I really do like this better like so than as a castle build, strangely enough! :laugh:  The blue suits it really well, and your Tudor-work is excellent as usual :thumbup:  Great job with all the minifig activity and details - signs, lanterns, etc., etc. - and I hope this is just the start for you as far as getting back into BoBS again! :excited:

@TitusV A beautiful build and I am glad I also saw it while WIP! Taking your time while building surely leads to great things! I can't stop looking the tudor houses (with your unique touch as usual) and their balconies. Also as other said, the lamp posts are great, especially the one on the far left by the arch - excellent use of the upside down (ninjago I believe) black hair. The soldiers do look "old-world-ish" enough to be stationed in Granoleon and I like their 1600's feel (torsos, legs, hats and morions, etc). Finally, thanks for depicting some of our prominent :tongue: Oleon citizens in your MOC and good luck with the SJ!! Oh, I almost forgot! Mind that we are waiting for more BoBS builds when you get that pirate-y rash again! :wink:

P.S: A duel by that gate would be great! :tongue: :grin:

Edited by blackdeathgr

This is a gorgeous build, with a myriad of great details and techniques. Great way to splash back into BOBS. In addition to the build, I like the fig choices and poses. Looking forward to more from you!

Impressive build, full of amazing details! The way you included obsolete fortifications in a more modern, lively city is simply great! Minifig choice and posing is very nice too, but the building techniques you used are  stunning. Great job!

Fantastic Titus, your wood work is flawless (as usual) and there are many techniques here I need to study closer. So many great details. I love it when we see an earlier than normal interpretation of the sail era (such as Capt Wolf's style) and this is an excellent addition, those Olean troops are great!

On 8/15/2018 at 11:24 PM, TitusV said:

Though no longer a capital entrance to Oleon's prime city, the guards still keep a close watch to make sure no Corringtonlander makes it's way to the ineer city!

Hmmm, that Corrie looks somewhat familiar! :pir_laugh2:

Amazing build! It's filled with tons of details, thank you for building such a beauty.

Too many details to mention ... Firstly I love your castle wall but mostly the detail in the buildings is fantastic my hats off to you sir 

... Hope to see more of you in BoBS ...

On 8/15/2018 at 4:23 PM, Ross Fisher said:

Nice! I'd like to build up a bit of Granoleon myself, but I might wait until the main campaign heads back to the old country...

I look forward to seeing you shape the Old World, thanks Ross Fisher!

On 8/15/2018 at 4:46 PM, Mesabi said:

Fantastic build @TitusV and good to see you in BoBS territory again. I love all the detailing and how the MOC springs forth from the castle gate. This really ended up looking great, and I love the old world feel. 

Interestingly enough, I'm working on a build in Belson, and my vision of the old world is very different than yours. (Think early 19th century London for mine.)  It's funny how the age of sail extends through so many eras, allowing so many different builds. 

Anyways, this build is great and I'd love to see more of Granoleon, and the old world. Keep up the great work!

Thanks Mesabi, I had been wanting to build in the Old World for a veeeeeery long time now :grin: Aye, I have discovered the same thing: how different builders look differently at the same thing. IMHO, its part of Eurobrick's beauty :classic: 

Looking forward to seeing your Belson build completed!

On 8/15/2018 at 5:12 PM, Professor Thaum said:

Amazing one !

truly stunning !

Thank you!

On 8/15/2018 at 5:27 PM, Fraunces said:

Very nice build with many details and much nice techniques on a lot of parts. The minifigs are well picked too! 

Glad you like the figs, its probably the first time I've put so much effort and time in them too. Thanks!

On 8/15/2018 at 6:03 PM, Kai NRG said:

Great to see you in BoBS again Titus, and this is a really nice Oleon build - particularly the tudor-style houses!  Nice creative layout too, and I really like the roof line variety and the different balconies! :thumbup: 

Good to see you like the tudored sections, tudor for the win eh :grin: Thank you Kai!

On 8/15/2018 at 6:34 PM, LM71Blackbird said:

Beautiful MOC and a fitting build for your return to BoBS!

Thanks!

On 8/15/2018 at 8:32 PM, Garmadon said:

Nice!  I must say, I really do like this better like so than as a castle build, strangely enough! :laugh:  The blue suits it really well, and your Tudor-work is excellent as usual :thumbup:  Great job with all the minifig activity and details - signs, lanterns, etc., etc. - and I hope this is just the start for you as far as getting back into BoBS again! :excited:

Thanks Garm! Maybe that's because I've always had the idea of posting it in BoBS in the back of my head while building for the SJ? Both signs (@soccerkid6) and lanterns (Legopard) are copied from other builders.

I hope it too :laugh: 

On 8/15/2018 at 10:11 PM, blackdeathgr said:

@TitusV A beautiful build and I am glad I also saw it while WIP! Taking your time while building surely leads to great things! I can't stop looking the tudor houses (with your unique touch as usual) and their balconies. Also as other said, the lamp posts are great, especially the one on the far left by the arch - excellent use of the upside down (ninjago I believe) black hair. The soldiers do look "old-world-ish" enough to be stationed in Granoleon and I like their 1600's feel (torsos, legs, hats and morions, etc). Finally, thanks for depicting some of our prominent :tongue: Oleon citizens in your MOC and good luck with the SJ!! Oh, I almost forgot! Mind that we are waiting for more BoBS builds when you get that pirate-y rash again! :wink:

P.S: A duel by that gate would be great! :tongue: :grin:

I was very glad for having you to give me feedback (and lots of courage :wink:) during building, but I'm even gladder you like the tudor sections (speaking of which: I've been messing around with alternative colours, trying to avoid white as much as possible. What do you guys think about that?). The soldiers are my favoured part too :excited: I'll see what I can do in the future, thanks bd!

On 8/16/2018 at 6:08 AM, SilentWolf said:

This is a gorgeous build, with a myriad of great details and techniques. Great way to splash back into BOBS. In addition to the build, I like the fig choices and poses. Looking forward to more from you!

Thank you!

On 8/16/2018 at 11:35 AM, Keymonus said:

Impressive build, full of amazing details! The way you included obsolete fortifications in a more modern, lively city is simply great! Minifig choice and posing is very nice too, but the building techniques you used are  stunning. Great job!

I have to admit most building techniques aren't exactly new, but I'm still glad you like them! Thanks!

On 8/18/2018 at 12:31 AM, Ayrlego said:

Fantastic Titus, your wood work is flawless (as usual) and there are many techniques here I need to study closer. So many great details. I love it when we see an earlier than normal interpretation of the sail era (such as Capt Wolf's style) and this is an excellent addition, those Olean troops are great!

Hmmm, that Corrie looks somewhat familiar! :pir_laugh2:

Thank you Ayrlego, it was great to build something later than I'm used to, but still earlier than most of the BoBS-themed builds!

Oops, I hadn't realised that's your face as well, sorry! I hope you don't mind?

On 8/18/2018 at 2:55 AM, Bodi said:

Amazing build! It's filled with tons of details, thank you for building such a beauty.

Thanks bodi :blush:

On 8/26/2018 at 6:30 AM, Roadmonkeytj said:

Too many details to mention ... Firstly I love your castle wall but mostly the detail in the buildings is fantastic my hats off to you sir 

... Hope to see more of you in BoBS ...

Thank you, glad you liked it!

7 minutes ago, TitusV said:

Oops, I hadn't realised that's your face as well, sorry! I hope you don't mind?

Of course not, no worries at all - I just had a little chuckle when I realised!