Sign in to follow this  
TitusV

Avalonian Chapel

When one wanders the many corridors of Albion Castle, one's eye may fall upon this small painting of Arthur being honoured by Lord Rex. Though noone is sure about the latter's disappearance, historians have agreed that an encounter between the two swordsmen is absolutely impossible. Let me tell you it's full story...

43121924745_6c52b09aeb_h.jpg

This MOC was built way back in 2016, when the first rumours of a Book III surfaced and I started to think about a good story. I thought I'd still post it just to get things going. I hope its not too out-dated...

43979454742_4013b48dd1_h.jpg

Great idea to make a painting as an all-Lego scene! 

(The style is definitely not outdated :classic: )

Better watch your feet if you don't want to trip on this floor! :wink:  Great job though, I really like the rug and the furniture! :thumbup: 

Nice looking chapel, Titus! I like the different levels and the rug on the floor. I think Kai is on to something, though, when she says that one must tread carefully to avoid tripping! Someone needs to go in there and re-set those flagstones to make it safe to walk...

I do think it a bit odd to have a barrel of swords and a turkey leg sitting around a chapel, though. 

Lovely build! I like the idea that the base is not square but still blocky if you know what I mean! :)

Great details put in the moc, like the bookshelfs! :)

Great use of the SNOT carpet design :thumbup: The three stained glass windows make a nice focal point in the center of the room, and it is well furnished.

Though obviously the large table is the best item of furniture :wub::laugh:

That's a beautiful chapel build.  I like the feel--an old, upkept castle with a lot of history, and some truly avalonian colors.  I like the stained glass, and the details of the shelving and table.  Awesome!

On 8/14/2018 at 2:35 PM, TheLordOfBricks said:

Nice work! Very Avalonian. :)

Thanks!

On 8/14/2018 at 4:11 PM, Gideon said:

Great idea to make a painting as an all-Lego scene! 

(The style is definitely not outdated :classic: )

Thank you Gideon, that's good to hear!

On 8/14/2018 at 9:01 PM, Kai NRG said:

Better watch your feet if you don't want to trip on this floor! :wink:  Great job though, I really like the rug and the furniture! :thumbup: 

Aye, I've realised that such a floor must be very, very annoying :grin:  Thanks Kai!

On 8/15/2018 at 5:40 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

Nice looking chapel, Titus! I like the different levels and the rug on the floor. I think Kai is on to something, though, when she says that one must tread carefully to avoid tripping! Someone needs to go in there and re-set those flagstones to make it safe to walk...

I do think it a bit odd to have a barrel of swords and a turkey leg sitting around a chapel, though. 

Thanks Henjin, glad you like it! Well, the chapel is used for council meetings etc as well (I just named it chapel as a small room where sacred things happen, was not really thinking of any religious rites or so), does that make sense?

On 8/15/2018 at 7:58 PM, de Gothia said:

Lovely build! I like the idea that the base is not square but still blocky if you know what I mean! :)

Great details put in the moc, like the bookshelfs! :)

I got it, thank you dG!

On 8/17/2018 at 7:21 PM, soccerkid6 said:

Great use of the SNOT carpet design :thumbup: The three stained glass windows make a nice focal point in the center of the room, and it is well furnished.

Though obviously the large table is the best item of furniture :wub::laugh:

Nowadays, I feel like the glass design is a bit standard and needs some variation or added dimension, but you're right: the table design is great :grin: Thanks SK!

On 8/18/2018 at 6:01 AM, Grover said:

That's a beautiful chapel build.  I like the feel--an old, upkept castle with a lot of history, and some truly avalonian colors.  I like the stained glass, and the details of the shelving and table.  Awesome!

Thank you Grover!