I've not thought of anything I can do for a C-model of the rally car, except another car . . .

So here we go:

IMG_4571_zpsmo3jepkp.jpg

IMG_4572_zpssnhimzdh.jpg

IMG_4575_zpszsa5soua.jpg

IMG_4578_zpsfbw9tnc5.jpg

The turning circle is enormous, even bigger than the original.

It does have front wheel drive to go along with the front wheel steering though!

IMG_4579_zps9ac28r3e.jpg

Underside shot:

IMG_4581_zpsynlhhj0u.jpg

Leftovers!

IMG_4582_zps9wijb90v.jpg

Edited by Gingerdave

45 minutes ago, Boulderer said:

I like it. I think that may be one of the most densely panelled bonnets I’ve seen. 

Sure beats that hole located smack in the middle of the hood on the A model. :sick:

2 hours ago, Magical Duck said:

Sure beats that hole located smack in the middle of the hood on the A model. :sick:

E N G I N E C O O L I N G

Nice car. It does look good for the amount of pieces. Also cool idea to do FWD, not a common thing.

This is a very creative design! It may not have perfect shaping, but the originality is definitely showing through. Keep progressing and building! 

Thenk yew, thenk yew verra mich! :wink:

On 8/13/2018 at 9:35 PM, Corrado said:

Looks intresting but a bit clumsy. 

In parts, but sometimes the limited set of pieces forces it.

Edited by Gingerdave

From the outside it looks pretty nice, better than the official alternate. To me, it has a bit of a classic-sports-car feel, with that long front bonnet.

Form the inside though, it looks scarily empty. It's the bare essentials, and that's it. Of course, this is understandable given how little choice you have from a set that doesn't have any functions by itself beyond the absolutely necessary, so not your fault. It's not the easiest set to create C-models for. But it does look a bit like an empty shell.

One thing I don't like is how the suspension arms have such a steep angle, rather than being closer to horizontal, because it means the track width increases a lot when suspension is compressed. The vertical differential case is a smart solution I haven't seen before.

By the way I really like how well the large "Porsche wheel arch" panel at the front and the small red panels work together with the large white panels, and these in turn with the 3x13 panels. I like the shaping and the color-transition between white front and the rest in blue.

I was going for the classic look - the proportions are based on the Jaguar E-type, though obviously not the final looks.

If it wasn't a c-model I'd have gone for a 10- or 12-cylinder engine to fill up the space.

I was working from a (toy car) model of an e-type, and the clearance is pretty high.